Thread: Graphical Errors

Graphical Errors

I recently bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 on Steam, and the game's colors are messed up. The entire game is basically a mixture of red and pink, and I don't know how to fix it. Can someone help me out? I use Windows 7 by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by LuckusRuckus97 View Post
    I recently bought Roller Coaster Tycoon 2 on Steam, and the game's colors are messed up. The entire game is basically a mixture of red and pink, and I don't know how to fix it. Can someone help me out? I use Windows 7 by the way.
    (To change compatibility and color settings, choose the .EXE file for RCT2, right click, go to Properties>Compatibility)

First off, try 8-bit, 16-bit and 32-bit color.

If that does not work, try running in XP or Vista compatibility.

I've read that ALT+TAB twice will fix it, so give that a whack (I doubt it actually works)

Also, just try messing with your screen resolution and resetting it, I've had a great number of random old game graphics problems fixed that way, for some reason.

If all that fails, run the game in a window (choose in the options menu, the floppy disk in the upper right of the screen in a park). It will not be full screen, but (at least according to a brief google search) the colors should be normal.

And if that fails, or you can't stand playing in a window (can't say I would blame you), google search "RCT2 color inversion fix". There are a number a forum posts about this issue, and there are numerous proposed solutions.

Hope this helps.