Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Entrance with 'Gates'

Lightbulb Entrance with 'Gates'

Hello ,
    In the past games of Rollercoaster Tycoon there were entrances, but with no gates or such thing, the people just walked trough a building without need to pass a ticket stand.
    I would love to see this in the new game, so that people really have to pay first before they can go through the entrance.
    Somewhat like these things. SSA56309.jpg
    Let me know what you guys think!

Regards, Pandawan
    (Note: My English isn't very good tho )

I support your idea.

Small, realism tweaks like this one, go a long way to help create the best RCT experience. Even though it may not seem like much at first, all the small things add up.

I don't mind the game having a slight cartoon look to it, as long as it's realistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandawan View Post
    Hello ,
    In the past games of Rollercoaster Tycoon there were entrances, but with no gates or such thing, the people just walked trough a building without need to pass a ticket stand.
    I would love to see this in the new game, so that people really have to pay first before they can go through the entrance.
    Somewhat like these things. SSA56309.jpg
    Let me know what you guys think!

Regards, Pandawan
    (Note: My English isn't very good tho )

sympa la photos...lol mais tu aurai du prendre les nouvelles versions de tourniquet de la ratp...

Well, I'm not french, but i kinda understand what you're saying.
    In the Netherlands we have different gates also , It's just the idea

Quote Originally Posted by Pandawan View Post
    Well, I'm not french, but i kinda understand what you're saying.
    In the Netherlands we have different gates also , It's just the idea
    i know
    but i thought that was a gates of the parisian metro...lol we have exactly the same EXACTLY
    but some new one are coming since one year

Junior Enthusiast
    I would like gates as well, as long there are different types. I don't want to use the same type of gate at each park. Some places use turnstiles but some parks use the door that open once you scan your ticket. Hopefully there are options.

I really like the idea of adding small realistic features like these. A small detail can make a big difference. Having themed entrances could change what kind of turnstile/gate you have.

I was thinking about this a bit, and as the state of ticket disbursement, entry to rides has changed greatly over the years, it could be very interesting to give a few options beyond what the franchise has given us before.

Couldn't agree more! As already stated, it would be a small thing for them to add but would go a long way in terms of realism.

Ticket booths are certainly something important to all rides and we want to make sure that they look great. When a ride is open they are open but when a ride is closed then they have to be closed. Any bit of extra animation we can do that makes it seem more real and polished is important to us where appropriate.
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast