Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog Post #2

Passive Peep
    I think it's safe to say those will not be the peeps lol

I'd like more info on the restaurants and how those work....

Do the peeps just go in and purchase from it much like a stand, or do they actually sit down for some time? Do you have control over the meals/prices?

I would love to act like I peed my pants in excitement but at this point I'll be old enough it'll happen on purpose the rate you're divulging "information".

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar
    Is there a chance you can reveal information about custom building that was in the last game?

Passive Peep
    Also, I hope we aren't just limiting it to 4 themes for the entire thing.

I realize there will be 4 to start, but we really need to make sure people can add in other themes. 4 themes is really just the tip of the iceberg. We want spooky, jungle, dinosaurs, etc for future themes as well =)

Quote Originally Posted by Liam. View Post
    I would love to act like I peed my pants in excitement but at this point I'll be old enough it'll happen on purpose the rate you're divulging "information".
    I agree more info, you can still give info and be vague, Matt you should check out Paradox and how they do the devlogs. Short but concise and satisfying. But it is early (I hope) so screens may be a tall order. You have to think from their end, they don't want bad looking screens floating around out there on the net. If someone comes across it hey won't click it to find out more.

Junior Enthusiast
    Looking at the key art, I hope there are babies in strollers and some people with backpacks as well. Never even thought of it, but it adds a lot of realism to the game.

the picture is stunning, I hope roller coasters have realistic supports like those, it's so goodlooking

I really don't want to be a negative Timmy here (i do appreciate the information of course) but i still have to say it:

A wall of text, really? - No video with a voice over? No screen shots ? Come on, this isn't 1999, use multi-media tools. A wall of text is not really the way to go here. And certainly not "share-able" on FB or game websites like IGN / Game Spot, and youtube gaming channels can't use it to talk about it, or live discussions on twitch. This is your golden chance to hype the game for free and its being wasted!

You even admit to deliberately opt away from screenshots over a key art piece - why? You must of known we wanted to see the game over a art piece.

Whilst i'm glad we at least get information at all, given we have to press Atari for it, its not quite right how this is being delivered either.

@Mattlab - I can happily PM you with a list of ways to engage the community that i think will benefit this game. I don't know who calls the shots on the information given out and how its given out, but they haven't been in the gaming industry for long or they haven't adapted to the new ways in which companies engage the fans.

The problem with words is it can be worded to sound amazing, but proof is in the pudding. Without images and video media it could all just be marketing words and no substance, and like a lot games, sound great until we see youtube let's plays and it turns out to be dire. So if you have no confidence in showing us the game, people won't have confidence in buying it either. What are you hiding from us ? If nothing, then why have we little to see.

I really don't get it. Anyway if you want some of my ideas i can PM you. Let me know.

The information is so nice to hear and that key art is pretty inspiring to see what we might expect things to look like. Again, I suggest announcing schedules to us so we know when the next blog about coasters will go up! I'm guessing that it will be another two weeks?

Out of that whole post, the part that jumped out at me the most was "our marketing efforts are ramping up". I am curious to see what comes of that.

Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast