Thread: Better Scenarios

Better Scenarios

One thing about the series that ruffles my feathers is part of every scenario we must place trashcans and janitors and the what not...It really drags down the game when you KNOW at the start of next scenario you will be finishing the developers job by adding trash cans that should have been there to begin with, it is just a quick thought. I have been busy and have not had enough time to keep up with forum life.

Whoops lol, wrong thread feel free to move it to Roller Coaster Tycoon World Suggestions

I disagree quite strongly. When I load into a scenario I am expecting to construct a park, finish a preexisting successful park, revitalize an old park, or dig a poor performing park out of the ground, or [insert challenge here.] Maybe the park is half made already and so will contain a few trash cans. But these bits are part of building the park, it's the developer's job to give me the tools and give me a challenge, not to build the park for me

Thread moved as requested.

I disagree with this also, like veggiet expressed, it is important that scenarios are a challenge and I think in-depth management, such as placing bins is a big part of that.

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    Thread moved as requested.

I disagree with this also, like veggiet expressed, it is important that scenarios are a challenge and I think in-depth management, such as placing bins is a big part of that.
    I think what ProphetLord is trying to say is that the "Start-up phase" of every scenario you play is always the same tedious thing and I agree with both sides. While it is tedious, it is important.

So a good way around this would be to allow players to randomly generate a set-up they made (shops they placed, amount of trashcans and benches, utilities, rides, staff, etc) in another scenario or on sandbox mode beforehand. They could save it and it could remember what they placed and charge the player the price for that accordingly.

Another idea could be where the player could save a section of the park (kind of like how we could save custom scenery in previous games) including paths, scenery, shops, utilities, rides, etc and then be able to place it in another park or be able to place it down somewhere else in the same park.

Feel free to reply your thoughts and ideas.

Your idea of saving layouts of paths with scenery, bins, lanterns and so on, is really well thought of. I would like such a system. These saved layouts could then be placed elsewere as pre-build sets, so that you could build or expand the path network of your park easy, simple and fast.

I like this idea!

One could then save these layouts in a specific menu so that they can be used again. Just like you were able to save a rollercoaster with scenery in RCT2.

Passive Peep
    Every scenario has to start somewhere. If it's a strategy scenario, there's no reason you shouldn't have to put down the trash cans yourself.

Actually, in scenarios where the former park owner let the park fall into disrepair or simply didn't plan out their park very efficiently, I would pause the game on startup and delete everything so I could set up the park my way. I never wish I could skip the part where I'm placing scenery and such.

I think some kind of system that could copy the intervals that I placed lights, trashcans and benches in a specific area in the park and then repeat it along an certain area would be amazing, but I think something like that has already been addressed.

Having to hire all your handymen and mechanics at the beginning of a scenario can be boring, but the part that always annoyed me was having to check on how lazy they'd gotten every twenty minutes.

But besides that, I enjoy the micromanaging.

Quote Originally Posted by loquacious706 View Post
    Actually, in scenarios where the former park owner let the park fall into disrepair or simply didn't plan out their park very efficiently, I would pause the game on startup and delete everything so I could set up the park my way. I never wish I could skip the part where I'm placing scenery and such.

I think some kind of system that could copy the intervals that I placed lights, trashcans and benches in a specific area in the park and then repeat it along an certain area would be amazing, but I think something like that has already been addressed.

Having to hire all your handymen and mechanics at the beginning of a scenario can be boring, but the part that always annoyed me was having to check on how lazy they'd gotten every twenty minutes.

But besides that, I enjoy the micromanaging.

Loquacious / Jean Luc that is a very good idea. Placing lights, trashcans and benches at intervals that can be set according to needs, makes the building of paths and objects on them so much easier!

I too enjoy micromanaging.