Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Building Resturants From The Ground-Up

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Super Moderator
    Volunteer

Building Resturants From The Ground-Up

Experienced RCT3 players would remember meticulously placing down Vodhin's Cafe set in a restaurant atmosphere. Ah, seeing peeps sitting down for a meal was great. Now that we know that we'll have access to Resturants in World, I think it'll be a great idea to be able to create these from the ground up. Let me know explain.

First you'd need to designate an area for the restaurant. The resturant could be free form or a rectangle. You'd create the walls, floors, and roof.

Next, you'd add things such as chairs, booths, windows, and hostess stands.

Finally, you'd choose what kind of food you'd be serving, hire staff, and finally, open you're resturant.

Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    Experienced RCT3 players would remember meticulously placing down Vodhin's Cafe set in a restaurant atmosphere. Ah, seeing peeps sitting down for a meal was great. Now that we know that we'll have access to Resturants in World, I think it'll be a great idea to be able to create these from the ground up. Let me know explain.

First you'd need to designate an area for the restaurant. The resturant could be free form or a rectangle. You'd create the walls, floors, and roof.

Next, you'd add things such as chairs, booths, windows, and hostess stands.

Finally, you'd choose what kind of food you'd be serving, hire staff, and finally, open you're resturant.
    Great idea! I too would love a custom restaurant that is more than just food stands and benches. Tables and waitresses (or at least a cafeteria-style food bar) would really make a great addition.

I admittedly know next to nothing about this game's engine or whether the programming for it is too complex or whatever, but it sounds doable to me.

Newcomer
    As long as you have predesigned restaurants as well. Although I like it (Brings back memories of Pizza Tycoon) I'm guessing not everyone is in to that.

THUMBS UP!! I would use the pre built ones but not exclusively because as we know sometimes you need your building to be different shapes. L W and C shaped buildings just to name a few that's why I HOPE, HOPE, HOPE !! they make creating custom buildings a big part of the park buildings process.

I Thought Monopoly Tycoon if you change the size more squares = more room for people

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    EXACTLY! More size= more people but you'd only do this if u had the demand!!

I decided to post this from my post, it's very similar to your post.
    I was wondering about how much you can customize the restaurants. I was watching a YouTube video that went over some of the pictures released by pipeworks and it appeared as if the restaurants were prebuilt. I had some ideas for building custom restaurants. Say you click on the custom restaurant button then you drag a grid on your park to be you restaurant. Then you go over a few different types of kitchen say small, medium, and large. Then you place your kitchen and it give you a list of discovered foods and drinks and you select a limited amount of each. Then you pick your tables, say a few different sizes and themes like, booths, round tables, and maybe like a long table that you sit on barstools on. During that time maybe you could place a few different pieces of scenery to place around the restaurant, maybe a few that even contain tables, like I've been to a restaurant that had a mini train car in it, with tables inside. Also maybe you could add a little elevation to it with stairs connecting each part. Also you would get the choice of making it a fast food type or sit and dine type. By attaching a counter/cashier onto the kitchen or attaching a waiting area to the entrance. For walls you could have two options to build the walls yourself like custom buildings in rct3 or pick a prebuilt wall that surrounds and roofs your building for you. Then when your done you have to hire cooks and maybe cashiers and waiters.
    Sorry for any misspellings or grammar issues I used a mobile device to write this.

I agree with almost everything being said on the topic restaurant building. The free for idea designing the inside and out. But I would like star ratings and be able to set running cost. the more you put into the running cost and pay employees the better rating and the more you can charge for food. I like the idea of being able to bring a little prestige to my park. Lol

Surprisingly enough I would attempt to do this in a way. Build a scenery building with my food and drinks stands inside as well as benches always wishing I could build a restuarant myself and name it. Or just build one of those typical cafeteria eatery places that all theme parks have and then throw a Magic Carpet style ride on top of it. (see Disney World's Magic Kingdom's Tomorrowland.) Thhis idea has me so excited of the possibilities this game has to impress!

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by Noahjsc View Post
    I decided to post this from my post, it's very similar to your post.
    I was wondering about how much you can customize the restaurants. I was watching a YouTube video that went over some of the pictures released by pipeworks and it appeared as if the restaurants were prebuilt. I had some ideas for building custom restaurants. Say you click on the custom restaurant button then you drag a grid on your park to be you restaurant. Then you go over a few different types of kitchen say small, medium, and large. Then you place your kitchen and it give you a list of discovered foods and drinks and you select a limited amount of each. Then you pick your tables, say a few different sizes and themes like, booths, round tables, and maybe like a long table that you sit on barstools on. During that time maybe you could place a few different pieces of scenery to place around the restaurant, maybe a few that even contain tables, like I've been to a restaurant that had a mini train car in it, with tables inside. Also maybe you could add a little elevation to it with stairs connecting each part. Also you would get the choice of making it a fast food type or sit and dine type. By attaching a counter/cashier onto the kitchen or attaching a waiting area to the entrance. For walls you could have two options to build the walls yourself like custom buildings in rct3 or pick a prebuilt wall that surrounds and roofs your building for you. Then when your done you have to hire cooks and maybe cashiers and waiters.
    Sorry for any misspellings or grammar issues I used a mobile device to write this.
    see the reason I love you're post so much is because it was exactly what I had in mind. I like the idea of having to build small resturaunts when you first start off and then having to build steakhouses! I'm really hoping the devs are reading this!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast