Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building Resturants From The Ground-Up

Passive Peep
    I think thas this game is not going to be "restaurant tycoon"...
    Why do you want to implement this to the game, as you probably can't have a look inside?
    Just allow to choose the menu, the (outside-)theming and a plain restaurant-box where you can build scenery walls around it...

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by rct-uwe View Post
    Why do you want to implement this to the game, as you probably can't have a look inside?
    Just allow to choose the menu, the (outside-)theming and a plain restaurant-box where you can build scenery walls around it...
    Some people want the freedom to create everything in their park. I don't think that's a bad thing.

Uwe has probably got a good read on this. There are some options that you would think are standard RCT franchise choices now that we had RCT3 and could put a ton of stuff on a burger or not and charge for it.

But other things maybe not. Interior theming, choosing what tables and chairs to have? From a small palette of choices perhaps like the different park benches and trash cans you could choose from in RCT3 to have theme. But in the western theme, do you have 3 chair choices, or 3 chair choices for each restaurant type and you have your Burger/American restaurant, your Italian pasta, your Chinese, your Mexican etc... and then do you have those choices multiplied by the many themes so a Mexican restaurant in an Americana park is different than one in the Western Park and soon this starts getting out of hand.

Perhaps we see the release with enough choices that when you multiply it out you get a few hundred variations, but save the real expansion to restaurants for when the game is on its feet, we know more about it, and know how many of us will need to do a lot of theming and choosing beyond those few beginning variations. Then we get the Restaurant Expansion go large or go home set. Where the amount of variations go into the thousands of possibilities and we talk about what uniforms the wait staff have, and the star rating (Disneyland did not have a 5 star restaurant until the Grand Californian opened up with Napa Rose)

It may not be, but this is a sequel not a new iPhone, were not painting a red thing refer, we gotta add new things. If we keep the game the same forever, I understand that this will take time for the davs to do. But in the long run we might not see a new RCT for a while so we need to add every new feature as possible. Maybe this is expansion pack worthy. But every bit of customization and every new feature will add drop of life to the franchise.

I personally want the freedom to make my own Disney World with this game and Disney World spared no expense when it came to details and I want to customize every detail I can in my park. It adds replayability IMO. this could be a great addition to a game that needs to take risks. I would dare say that this series nearly died after RCT3 and 4. I don't have any friends that got addicted to it, but alot that own it and never bought the expansions. and then a lot that just flat out didn't buy it based on reviews. (And I know 0 people who play the mobile cash black-hole they dared slap the RCT tag on... they needed to make a literal rollercoaster tycoon game where I could sit down and play for hours or just a few minutes. not wait for hours and days for a ride to build or to get enough coins to build something.... hate that stuff.)

I love this idea

It would also be cool to make clubs and bars. Now ik RCT is supposed to be kid friendly but I think every kid has seen a can of beer in his life.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Yeah I was thinking like a sports bar. A club might be pushing it for the E rating, but you never know!

It might be but no parent gives a damn about ratings anymore, go play cod sometime.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12