Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I so do not want a Hotel/Resort game within our game" thread

Perhaps someone can explain exactly what they mean with the term "functioning hotel"?

I think for some us we hear that request but perhaps don't really understand what it is that you want, and how that is different than what we're able to do now?

What is it that peeps will do in a 'hotel', and how do you see it functioning and adding to gameplay? I'm sincerely interested in your thoughts, because right now I suspect one side isn't completely understanding the other on the issue.

I think it would be nice to have hotels and resorts, even if it's all pre-build. You could still manage room prices etc and it will be an extra method to earn some money for your park.

You start with nothing. You build your first ride and your first visitors will come. Add some stands to earn some more income to build more rides so that more visitors will come. Once you have enough money, you can finally build a hotel which will attract a lot more visitors and creates a big income.

I'd like to see my own park grow, and I think hotels and resorts would really help with that. It would give the feeling to me that with hotels you're finally a big park and it would be a big achievement to me.

Josh puts a lot of thought into what he would like for Hotels and that is great. Josh you can start a thread for it. I have even said that Hotels in its own game using elements from this, such as the same Peeps would be fine.

But this is the thread for all of us who don't want to split our focus with Hotel micromanagement. Certainly what you express is a game with more choices then we are even given in RCT potentially.

Suggesting a change in scale for the Franchise which has existed since the first version seems like a reboot that may not work (like the new Spiderman Movies.) It is a scale that at least 10 million know, so why try something new?

For those who have come in after and once again saying they want Hotels, but not giving us away to make them work, get thee to another THREAD (Thanks Shakespeare for that! All the Ophelias of course will still add their two cents instead of a multi Sawyer Buck post that provides something worthwhile to the discussion)

Hotels need serious discussion and perhaps we will get to the point where enough Park Managers have chimed in with suggestions that we can see it as a working integration into the game. But from the information we have had from the Devs, and from what we know of RCT 1, 2 and 3, we have information that shows Hotels are too much to add if to be done to a level that will add and be fun, while if not given a lot of resources, we have a way with the CS of RCT3 to make fake hotels.

As before this thread is a way for Dre (Thanks for stopping by!) and others to hear us that the current parameters of the Franchise is enough for us.

We will gladly stop by at those Threads for Hotels and try and help in the discussion in those threads to make that game, that expansion the best it can be.

Yea...sorry to hijack your thread Dwwilkin, but you gotta go where the eyeballs are, right?

Quote Originally Posted by josh.gordon4 View Post
    Yea...sorry to hijack your thread Dwwilkin, but you gotta go where the eyeballs are, right?
    that then proves the point. the people who want this arent starting their own dedicated thread on this issue getting a response, while those of us who did not want it have enough traction to keep peeps showing up and expressing their opposition to this as a feature in our base game

Newcomer
    Just a thought on the peeps for years in the park thing. Maybe instead of displaying the in-game date they entered your park/ingame time they've been in your park just show how long they have been in your park in real time (maybe multiplied if the game time is accelerated. or maybe just multiplied by 2x or 3x anyway to make sure they don't go on twenty rides in under a real-time hour.) It would become more realistic for how long they stay in your park and the N of rides they went on. The only time you'd notice they are in your park for years on end is if you'd follow them around for that time.
    Sure it's just cosmetic stuff but it might help immersion just a bit. And best of all it's easy to implement.

Agreed I will grant them the benefit of the doubt, their "Group Dynamic" thing will work out better than all previous peep models(Meaning the whole AI setup, not the 3d model).

Menno, recall that a peep day rolls right into the next day without leaving the park. So do peeps go to the hotel for months of game time before leaving, which equates to a night at the hotel? In any case it goes to show that this dynamic has not been thought out. One thing being that we don't know the formula for what keeps a Peep in a park with out leaving. once we know that, perhaps we could calculate would be a day for a peep at the park and then plan for how long they would go to a hotel.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    Menno, recall that a peep day rolls right into the next day without leaving the park. So do peeps go to the hotel for months of game time before leaving, which equates to a night at the hotel? In any case it goes to show that this dynamic has not been thought out. One thing being that we don't know the formula for what keeps a Peep in a park with out leaving. once we know that, perhaps we could calculate would be a day for a peep at the park and then plan for how long they would go to a hotel.
    Well as I said it's a cosmetic adjustment. I am not a programmer on the game so I do not have all the answers. If they'd implement a system like this they'd work out the details of what works best. I just suggest a general outline of a system that hides the fact peeps stay for years on end in the park nothing more. It's a simulation and it's impossible to do anything more then hide this because anything approaching realism would destroy the game and the fun you could have with it.
    I do not know how long they expect peeps to stay in the park but if there would be a hotel expansion I'm pretty sure they won't use the in park time of a peep as a benchmark for the time a peep would spend in the hotel. You'd just make peeps stay for however long you needed them to be there for the game to work and be fun. You could of course scale the timing accordingly. (say if they'd left after a real time hour you'd equate that to 10-12 or so hours for the peep staying at the hotel even if the time scale you'd use in the park is different say 4 hours real time equates to 10-12 or something).
    Everything else/non peep stays at the regular speed we know from previous instalments to keep the game fun and playable.
    To be honest I'm not even that bothered by peeps staying in the park for years on end. I just saw several people commenting on how it was breaking the immersion for them. This solution is easy to implement without the need to rethink an entire game or even break the game (the game has a clock you'd just have to change how it displays peep time as opposed to park time. In principle it's just cookie clicker mechanics I'm suggesting).

Quote Originally Posted by Menno View Post
    Well as I said it's a cosmetic adjustment. I am not a programmer on the game so I do not have all the answers....
    And all the rest of what you said is exactly the logic why DONT have Hotels in the game.

It is disjointed at best to have one area of the game run on one time scale and another area on a different one. You have proposed an idea, but it seems totally incomplete. You are right, this is a simulation. I do not think anyone here in this thread who does not want hotels is bothered by the fact that Peeps come and stay for years. We would like to understand the formulas (If this were Europa Universalis, and the Paradox team, we would get a very detailed post about that in the Dev blog.(Dre, Mattlab, hint, hint)) for time.

But we see it as a continuation from RCT 1 by Chris Sawyer and think it just is part of the game play. Those who want a park that opens at 8 with all the Peeps rushing in and closes at 11 with all the Peeps rushing out, dont see how slowing down the game that will be, and I think we have announced a construction cycle instead of insta build, so
    mixing that could seriously slow down the game and we could be back to waiting to advance much worse than we had it in the first iteration of the Franchise, which I believe you pointed out.

Working with the timescale we know, by observation, and with what happens in the real world when you have a hotel, you might spend 16 hours of your day, as much as possible at a hotel/resort at the property. And you might spend 8 hours at the hotel. A 2:1 ratio. So add 50% of what the Peep stays at the Park to Peep staying at the Hotel time. 2) If you stay at a resort, you may go to sightsee elsewhere and not only go to the Park. Factor that in. 3) if you stay at the resort, how many times will you go to the park and go on the rides? Until you have gone on all the rides at least once, and the best ride three times? When do Dad and Mom say enough is enough and this is costing a fortune. That is a REAL world phenomena. The money that Peeps spend is not infinite and they have to leave sometime.

Sure a Hotel is doable, but I do not think that any one who is talking about really has come up with a way to integrate such a thing in the Chris Sawyer timescale that this franchise has.

Saying that the Devs will figure it out, is unfair to them to do the heavy lifting on this. We talked this to death 10 years ago and a significant # wanted it, like the playing the Carnival games in 1st person that came out in Thrillville. The Community will sometimes ask for things that they do not think through. We get to discuss these things and with 10 years of game play of RCT3, see if we can devise even better ideas.

So, should we have a Hotel with a different time sense than our park has, NO. Again, the feature I do not want.
    Even should it be only accessible as a separate area through the cloud as another linked game or expansion pack. I want both to use the same timescale. I think Hotels might indeed work, if they are a separate game. You leave RCTW and go to HRW (Hotel Resort World) and have a great time there designing the kajillion things there, and when you use the Peep/Coastercam to explore and interact, when you get on the Monorail or Tram to go to the park, HRW unloads and RCTW loads with the related park.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast