Thread: IDEA: Steam Workshop Support/Oculus VR Support

Lightbulb IDEA: Steam Workshop Support/Oculus VR Support

RCTW is in development, and if we can get their attention they may be able to introduce workshop support which would open up a whole ton of possibilities!

Please help us get heard so we can share our creativity and designs with the world, the Roller Coaster Tycoon World!

Do I even have to say anything about Oculus? Peep Cam, CoasterCam.... it will feel like a LIVING theme park especially with the new graphics engine!

Yes Marion you need to say something about Oculus for several us repeatedly point out how this is unfeasible at this time and would be a waste of resources to implement until a lot more is know about where the VR market matures. Read the forums and you will see how people request it without any attention to the details and the community quite easily points how VR and Oculus is not ready to have any programming work spent on it

i agree with adding workshop but disagree with support for VR. Workshop is a MUST

Quote Originally Posted by a-can-o-beans View Post
    i agree with adding workshop but disagree with support for VR. Workshop is a MUST
    Steam Workshop is something we are heavily looking at and we deeply recognize the need/want for players to create amazing things using the game and share them with the world. Not a week goes by without us talking about it here on team RCT. That said we want to make sure we have time to do it right and that we can incorporate feedback from the community. Additionally, we have been in discussions with our partners about a piece of functionality that will give our fans a great way to display their work and amazing reasons to create fantastic parks, rides, and more. Unfortunately, though, this tech is simply not ready yet so while we do plan to have these features we cannot yet announce when we will make them available. We know you want them, we want them too, but we need to do it right and our top priority right now is finishing the best possible base game first. That said, based on the tech demos I have seen and technical discussions we have had I am SUPER excited! RCT players love not only playing the game but also sharing what they have made with the game with the world - we know that and we are going to support it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    Steam Workshop is something we are heavily looking at and we deeply recognize the need/want for players to create amazing things using the game and share them with the world. Not a week goes by without us talking about it here on team RCT. That said we want to make sure we have time to do it right and that we can incorporate feedback from the community. Additionally, we have been in discussions with our partners about a piece of functionality that will give our fans a great way to display their work and amazing reasons to create fantastic parks, rides, and more. Unfortunately, though, this tech is simply not ready yet so while we do plan to have these features we cannot yet announce when we will make them available. We know you want them, we want them too, but we need to do it right and our top priority right now is finishing the best possible base game first. That said, based on the tech demos I have seen and technical discussions we have had I am SUPER excited! RCT players love not only playing the game but also sharing what they have made with the game with the world - we know that and we are going to support it.
    I understand now that Oculus support is not needed for probably 2 more solid years. Oculus is doing what I want Atari to do and not rushing their product to the market. I am sure they want the headsets to be as light and comfortable as possible and to eliminate motion sickness on their end, but the youtubers say the motion sickness really comes from games not being coded for VR and therefore do not feel natural. So that is why I think it is still a good idea to have VR in the back of your minds when making this game, therefore when it blows up on the market RCT World is there hitting the ground running. I WOULD download parks all the time any park, if I could walk around them in VR... A couple years is not a long time and you guys will still be putting out expansions hopefully.