Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Things I Can Do Without

Things I Can Do Without

This is not meant to be negative. The ideal situation would be to have everything, but that is almost never possible, so here are some things I can do without for improvements elsewhere.

I'm disappointed that the peeps are getting an upgrade. I would be much happier if they were (or could be) non-animated pegs that simply glided around. I would rather have the vertices and CPU cycles go toward rides. I would rather have the focus be building and managing the park, not watching 'more realistic' peeps.

I can do without the guest-group dynamics too. Sure it's cool to code those sorts of behaviors, but they were more disappointing than fun or interesting. If they want to code a cool behavior, then code guests that are already familiar with the park, know their way around, and have must-go-on rides. Not all visitors are discovering the park for the first time.

I can do without the day/night cycle too. While I really like seeing a park all lit up in night mode, the cycle was much too fast, and the evening/morning transition lighting was terrible.

The capture-the-escaped-animal mini game doesn't need to come back.

Everything you mentioned I WANT in the game, developers please don't listen to this poster.

Animated Pegs? I think not.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompso View Post
    Everything you mentioned I WANT in the game, developers please don't listen to this poster.

^What he said.

That would so be several steps backwards, and end up being put in a bargin bin really fast, and still not wanted by most people.

Quote Originally Posted by Thompso View Post

I agree. If the park guests are just pegs moving around it would be boring. I want my park guests to be people. I want night and day. And I want people in groups like in real life.

Newcomer
    May I suggest Autocad. Very basic and all CPU cycles can go to the ride. :P (Sorry couldn't resist, is meant as a tongue in cheek remark.)

But seriously it is a bad idea. Although the game mechanics need to be good before a game can be fun but good artwork helps with immersion. This is still a game for the masses. Not just the most hardcore coaster fans.

Quote Originally Posted by Menno View Post
    May I suggest Autocad. Very basic and all CPU cycles can go to the ride. :P (Sorry couldn't resist, is meant as a tongue in cheek remark.)

But seriously it is a bad idea. Although the game mechanics need to be good before a game can be fun but good artwork helps with immersion. This is still a game for the masses. Not just the most hardcore coaster fans.
    And not being hard core is ome of the reasons that makes RCT great.

I agree with what he said in a way, more the principle rather than the examples. I agree that their time and effort should be spent making the a theme park tycoon game, not a social theme park experiment. I think of course the graphics (including the peep pips) need an update but not a leap, time should be spent on making the game great.

When I am in a theme park, I do not dynamically demand things they don't have, or demand they put shops where I think they should be located. I go there to ride the rides and have things be pleasant to the eye. What other point is there in going to a theme park? Certainly not to complain about the theming, or insult the ride quality. I can see why peeps would not want development time go into projects that add neither realism, aesthetics, or play value. So I get the OP's point just poor examples in my mind, because peep models looking horrible only makes your pretty parks that much more ugly. As far as group dynamics I do agree that the focus should be on the peeps WANTING to go on your rides. Why else would they have shown up?

Seriously are there any humans out there that pay $50-150 to get into a park only to not ride anything because the rides are two years old? That point of his I give two thumbs up but this point is a kicked horse.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by ProphetLord420 View Post
    Seriously are there any humans out there that pay $50-150 to get into a park only to not ride anything because the rides are two years old? That point of his I give two thumbs up but this point is a kicked horse.
    Well yes, though not because of the ride age. Parents/grandparents who go with the family but who do not enjoy the rides themselves all that much. I know many who have gone to amusement parks without themselves going on (m)any rides. The larger the group that visits the more likely there will be one or two who can't be bothered all that much for the rides but just come for the "gezelligheid" of being with friends/family.
    If you want realism in your game you will have to accept there are other reasons to visit an amusement park than the rides themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Menno View Post
    Well yes, though not because of the ride age. Parents/grandparents who go with the family but who do not enjoy the rides themselves all that much. I know many who have gone to amusement parks without themselves going on (m)any rides. The larger the group that visits the more likely there will be one or two who can't be bothered all that much for the rides but just come for the "gezelligheid" of being with friends/family.
    If you want realism in your game you will have to accept there are other reasons to visit an amusement park than the rides themselves.
    Agreed as in I was thinking after making the post I should have added "or go there for the other part of the name Amusement >Park" You're right totally, yes those people are "Excused" lol. I should have included people that go to be at a park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast