Thread: Recreation of real theme parks

Recreation of real theme parks

Hey

So yeah, would be cool to start up the game and for their to be a category of recreation parks such as Six Flags parks, Thorpe Park etc. We could use these parks as a template in sandbox mode and then bobs your uncle!

Would be cool to be the owner of these parks and remove rides you don't like in real life and implement rides you dreamed of seeing in that real theme park,

With sharing I know this could be possible, just be cool to have them as a template when the game launches in the next few months... (cough cough)

As has been discussed many times, there is an issue of licensing. If we are allowed Sandbox, which we surely will be, then you can design your own park to look like a real world park, and then share it. If the game ships with a park based on a real world park, then Atari will have to pay for the rights, ask for the rights, to do so.

And even if they actively discourage players from basing their parks on real parks and uploading them, there's nothing to stop them from actually doing so. Even so, if they upload said park, it could get taken down eventually due to a complaint from the owners of the real park.

Newcomer
    True, but it is unknown whether they'd do so. A carefully designed park that looks like the real deal is good free exposure too. And one better it's with theme park aficionados, the ones they like to reach anyway.
    Though they may stop Atari from profiting from their parks by shipping RCT with "real" parks they are far less likely to aggravate the community (which also needs to buy tickets for their park etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by ColossusInferno View Post
    Hey

So yeah, would be cool to start up the game and for their to be a category of recreation parks such as Six Flags parks, Thorpe Park etc. We could use these parks as a template in sandbox mode and then bobs your uncle!

Would be cool to be the owner of these parks and remove rides you don't like in real life and implement rides you dreamed of seeing in that real theme park,

With sharing I know this could be possible, just be cool to have them as a template when the game launches in the next few months... (cough cough)
    Our game is designed to be fun but with a splash of realism. You should be able to dream something and then go and make it in the game!

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    Our game is designed to be fun but with a splash of realism. You should be able to dream something and then go and make it in the game!
    That is music to my ears, that was the prefect word for it too a "Splash" of realism. Because a true to death park designer program would cost $800+ and not be a game or a fun like RCT achieves. Also saying if we dream it we should be able to do it, I sure hope so!

I tried making American eagle in RCT2 six flags but failed, the turns are to small ingame

I tried making American eagle in RCT2 six flags but failed, the turns are too small in the game
    Also RCT already paid for licensing once not sure if they will do it again for a while.