Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Peep elevator behavior & extra elevator mode

Lightbulb Peep elevator behavior & extra elevator mode

Lets get to the point in RCT 1 the peeps would get angry or even lost on the elevator second story tower and same thing in 2. In 3 I'm not sure what their behavior is because I never used it. One thing the elevator should have two options Ride mode and elevator mode like the Monorail has circuit and shuttle.

Ride mode which gives a 3 by 3 platform on top that peeps can walk around kinda like how the maze works but the behavior changes slightly and they won't get lost or mad the easily.

elevator moderegular transportation and not changes peep behavior.

I was also thinking anyone that rode under platform mode gets less confused at finding rides like the map unless the map was pointless all these years and was just for extra money.
    Last edited by Sangheili; 01-24-2015 at 01:08 AM.

I am not sure I understand the concept of ride more.

There are towers that ascend into the air, doing a 360 panorama view. They do not have a platform at the top, Could you not terraform, or build a path that emulated that at the top of an elevator in the sky? Ride up, have a 3 x3 set of paths that surround the elevator with nothing connected to it and so the only way back to the park is ride down?

The problem with the elevators was guests didn't use them for the intended purpose of going to the top and looking around.often times they would ride the elevator up but then didn't want to ride it down and would try to start searching for another ride. eventually they would get lost and tired and this would plummet park rating. I'd like to see the guests recognize transport rides better and use them for the purpose of transportation. instead of the current model which is peeps just view it as a ride

I really like the idea of separate ride and transport modes. I remember Oil Derrick and Sky Tower at the Six Flags recreations in RCT2 would really destroy the park rating because peeps would treat it like a ride, ride up, and then either want to go home or to another ride, without the AI needed to direct them to ride the elevator back down, so they would be stuck up there and MAD. I always deleted those rides first thing because of how badly they functioned. In transport mode, the peeps could treat the elevator as usual. However, in ride mode, they could be programmed to ride the elevator back down before leaving the park or going to another ride.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by savoytruffle98 View Post
    ... In transport mode, the peeps could treat the elevator as usual. However, in ride mode, they could be programmed to ride the elevator back down before leaving the park or going to another ride.
    I think you intended this the other way around.

With the elevator set to ride mode, it behaves like a ride, in which case it is perfectly okay for a peep to ride it up, but not down.

In transport mode, the elevator is basically an extension of the path, and therefore should be included in pathfinding. If peeps need to ride the elevator back down to reach the ride they want, then they should do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Angel View Post
    I think you intended this the other way around.

With the elevator set to ride mode, it behaves like a ride, in which case it is perfectly okay for a peep to ride it up, but not down.

In transport mode, the elevator is basically an extension of the path, and therefore should be included in pathfinding. If peeps need to ride the elevator back down to reach the ride they want, then they should do so.
    Well, the names of the mode don't really matter, just the idea of two separate modes, one that treats the elevator as a normal ride and another that modifies the pathfinding of peeps.

Sorry I was not clear enough, thats something I need to work on. By the way thanks for the understanding and for you to figure out what I meant.

maybe it is two different features, instead of one feature with two different options. This way one doesn't have to choose an option, which other rides might not have a place to select an option that causes such a function change

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    maybe it is two different features, instead of one feature with two different options. This way one doesn't have to choose an option, which other rides might not have a place to select an option that causes such a function change
    Of course that is ok, as long as the distinction between transport and ride is clear, so peeps don't get stuck.

Instead of changing the elevator, improve the peep's AI if possible.
    Better Peep AI can solve other problems too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast