Thread: Game Issue after Nvidia Driver Update

Game Issue after Nvidia Driver Update

Greetings,

I downloaded a new GeForce driver today and now my RCT Deluxe game won't work when launched through steam or the program files in my C drive. The game launches, but only appears as a highly pixelated box of colors in the upper left-hand side of the monitor. The rest of the screen is completely black, although my cursor is able to move all over the screen.

I tried running it in compatibility mode per a previous discussion on this forum and it did not solve the issue. I also tried changing the resolution for launch and that had no effect either. Any suggestions on how to fix the problem would be much appreciated.

Best,
    -Pink

im also having this problem except im trying to run RCT2

if anyone has any solution to this problem it would be great

Roller Coaster Tycoon: Deluxe should be Ran on Windows 98/ Windows ME
    Roller Coaster Tycoon 2: TTP should be Ran on Windows XP SP2
    If These do not fix your problem download the Windowed mode.
    RCT2:TTP does not have a windowed mode.
    Download

Also if you have Integrated Graphics you can switch to that. It might help using that than your normal GPU

Quote Originally Posted by Huskyx94 View Post
    Roller Coaster Tycoon: Deluxe should be Ran on Windows 98/ Windows ME
    Roller Coaster Tycoon 2: TTP should be Ran on Windows XP SP2
    If These do not fix your problem download the Windowed mode.
    RCT2:TTP does not have a windowed mode.
    Download
    Running Roller Coaster Tycoon on anything at all does not work. I have tried all compatibility settings and none work.

On the steam forum many possible fixes have been posted, including changing your DEP settings and a lot of stuff in the guide changing resolution/bug fixing. Also a lot more people complaining about the compatibility of the game

Atari Customer Support ChipmunkAtariCS's Avatar
    Hello,

Please send a support ticket at http://support.atari.com/ so that we can better assist you. Access the site and click on “Submit a help request”, select “Technical Support”, fill in your information and click on submit.

To better assist you with your issue, we would like to request a copy of your DXDiag to review. Please follow the steps below and paste the contents of the file into the ticket you submit.

To create a DXDiag report, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start" menu, then click "Run"
    2. In the "Open" box, type: DXDiag (hit enter)
    3. If this is your first time running DXDiag, click "Yes" to launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
    4. Click "Save All Information" to create a DXDiag report.
    5. Choose a name and location for the dump file (for ease of finding it we recommend the desktop) and click "Save".

Thank you for playing!