Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MASSIVE List Of Ideas/Suggestions

Lightbulb MASSIVE List Of Ideas/Suggestions

I've been a huge fan of the RCT series since the first game of the series was released. Since the release of RCT3, I have thought extensively about what features I would want the next game of the series to have to have, for it to be my Ultimate RollerCoaster Tycoon.

Disclaimer: A lot of the features have already been suggested. This is my personal wish
    list for my dream RollerCoaster Tycoon game.

First person view / control of peeps:
    -Walk around your park and view it from the perspective of someone actually
    walking through it, the way players design their parks to be viewed
    -Ability to take photos in first person mode, which could be exported or used as
    backgrounds for in game menus
    -Explore friends parks, ride their rides and discover all the surprises they hid
    in their park.
    I would love to have a customizable character that I would be able to control
    and walk through the park, walking from attraction to attraction and taking
    pictures in game, that I would be able to be used as desktop backgrounds (or
    perhaps menu backgrounds) or be viewed later. It would be cool to be able to
    play midway games or walk into the arcade and place quick little mini games
    (like air hockey or a space invaders knock off) against the computer or against
    human friends. Being able to walk through your park or a friends park in first
    person would finally allow us to really appreciate all the work and detail that
    goes into creating a park and would make exploring friends parks and other
    uploaded parks even more fun.

Modding support:
    -custom scenery
    -Custom buildings
    It's pretty self explanatory, but I would love if there was the ability for
    players to easily mod the game and upload custom scenarios, rides, shops and
    scenery.

Change the way time passes:
    -Make Time pass more naturally in the game.
    It's already been posted and explained well by quite a few people. Don't make it
    seem like the same peep has been in the park for months. Make queues for rides
    actually fill up with people.

Peep Psychology:
    -Act more realistically
    Peeps should dislike walking past non-hidden park necessities such as first aid
    stations (peeps may be afraid of attractions located nearby, because they assume
    they may get hurt), bathrooms (maybe have the smell be an issue if a bathroom is
    place next to a queue or a main walkway.)
    Seek seating when eating full meals.
    Not as predictable in spending habits (in RCT3 they will generally spend a lot more in the
    park if there is no entrance fee)
    Peeps should expect a decent wait in lines if your park is popular.

Rollercoaster/Ride enhancements:
    -Realistic loading and unloading of peeps with loading station with multiple
    employees doing various tasks including checking restraints.
    -Track switching to allow for construction of dual (side by side) loading
    station coasters to increase loading time.
    -Ability to create a racing coaster.
    -Realistic supports.
    -More realistic underground build view.

Interactive / Detailed Queue lines:
    -Ability to include a holding room before the ride with a safety or themed
    movie.
    -Ability to implement a 'fast pass' style system.
    -Ability to create a temporary overflow queue that is put up and pulled down by
    maintenance workers when your park/rides experience above average attendance

Drag and drop foliage and trees:
    I'd like to be able to select a themed group of plants/trees/rocks, select the
    density of the foliage and then click, drag and drop to easily put large amounts
    of semi-randomized natural features into my park, without having to place each
    thing manually.

Easier to construct buildings:
    -Drag and drop interface that makes creating structures of any size easy.
    -The menu for drag and drop buildings should include structures for each theme
    and some generic structures.
    -The drag and dropped buildings should be scalable (by that I mean that windows
    and other features should appear every so often on very large structures.)
    -the height of structures should be able to be chosen after the floor size has
    been chosen.
    I love the ability to place a wide variety of segments together to form a
    complex and detailed building. However, Id also like the option/ability to choose a
    basic looking building from a list of presets for each theme. Then click to
    place a wall, drag to include a large area and release click to easily build a
    custom sized structure. I imagine this being used for building anything from
    shops and enclosed ride buildings to scenery, such as a castle or a Victorian
    mansion. This would make constructing well themed areas and indoor attractions
    much easier.
    Semi related;Deeper construction of restaurants/ browsable shops/ bathrooms
    I'd like the ability to drag and drop restaurants, shops and bathrooms into a
    structure I made, to make it as big as I need it to be and also hide it in a
    themed building. It would also be nice to be able to manually design interiors,
    such as placing tables and booths in a restaurant or deciding on how much shelf
    space to include in shops. This would also be fine if it was included in a
    separate design mode.

Themed Food Stalls / Stations for Generic:
    -Themed skins for generic food and merchandise stalls.
    Generic rides and food locations should have at least one themed skin for each
    theme.

Custom ride logos and signage:
    The ability to create logos for coasters and
    rides by combine many layers of basic shapes and templates. Then being able to
    use those logos on custom signs and billboards (using a similar interface to the
    logo creater) that peeps would be able to see (and follow) and also use the logo
    coaster trains would be awesome.

Parades:
    someone else mentioned it and explained it well. Parade routes, default
    floats that can be either modified or design custom ones from (near) scratch.

Seasonal activities:
    Also been mentioned. Special category of sceneries that
    maintenance works put up when Halloween, Christmas, springtime and Independence
    Day roll around. (Also designing Halloween mazes would be awesome.)

Better Ability to construct dark rides:
    -ability to create custom billboards and cutouts ('billboards' with the unwanted
    parts removed) via the logo designer or by importing an image and tracing it in
    the logo designer to remove the unwanted parts.
    -many themed animatronics and scenery pieces.
    In addition to the wide range of tracks and cars that should be included
    specifically for dark rides, I'd also like a large variety of animatronics/
    themed pieces that would be easy to include along the ride, that would up the
    excitement rating.

Miscellaneous (More will be added as I think of them):
    Raised flowerbeds that peeps can use as seating

Expansion - Resorts:
    Having a whole expansion dedicated to resorts would be great. There are
    plenty of career mode scenarios that could be used, from saving a failing hotel
    by adding attractions, to aiding an already successful park in keeping peeps for
    more time and earning more money. I'd like the ability to extensively design
    everything about the hotels, from the lobby and service (employee only) areas to
    the design of rooms. After designing every aspect of a room I would like to be
    able to save it, name it and set the price. Then being able to duplicate rooms
    and create blocks and entire floors of the same room would be great. I'd want
    the ability to design everything from individual bungalows and suites with full
    kitchens and multiple rooms to small motel like rooms. I'd also like to design
    restaurants, bars, lounges, the pool(s) and gift shops.

Conclusion:
    Basically, if I had the desire to, I'd like to be able to create Disney World (or any other real world theme park), to as close to real life detail as possible. Give me as many options to customize my park as possible, and not only will I preorder and buy the game on day one, but I will encourage my friends too as well (and may even buy it for them).

All good. But I would add - flexible paths. The grid system is way, way outdated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    All good. But I would add - flexible paths. The grid system is way, way outdated.
    I agree , being able to make a path go diagonal would be great , old grid system like you said is outdated

Quote Originally Posted by Stebun View Post
    I've been a huge fan of the RCT series since the first game of the series was released. Since the release of RCT3, I have thought extensively about what features I would want the next game of the series to have to have, for it to be my Ultimate RollerCoaster Tycoon.

Disclaimer: A lot of the features have already been suggested. This is my personal wish

-Ability to take photos in first person mode, which could be exported or used as
    -Explore friends parks, ride their rides and discover all the surprises they hid
    in their park.

Modding support:
    -custom scenery
    -Custom buildings
    scenery.

It's already been posted and explained well by quite a few people. Don't make it

Peep Psychology:
    -Act more realistically
    stations (peeps may be afraid of attractions located nearby, because they assume
    they may get hurt), bathrooms (maybe have the smell be an issue if a bathroom is
    Not as predictable in spending habits (in RCT3 they will generally spend a lot more in the

-Realistic supports.

movie.

density of the foliage and then click, drag and drop to easily put large amounts
    thing manually.

been chosen.
    complex and detailed building. However, Id also like the option/ability to choose a
    much easier.
    separate design mode.

theme.

use those logos on custom signs and billboards (using a similar interface to the
    logo creater) that peeps would be able to see (and follow) and also use the logo

Parades:

Seasonal activities:

-ability to create custom billboards and cutouts ('billboards' with the unwanted
    excitement rating.

Expansion - Resorts:
    by adding attractions, to aiding an already successful park in keeping peeps for
    everything about the hotels, from the lobby and service (employee only) areas to

Conclusion:
    Basically, if I had the desire to, I'd like to be able to create Disney World (or any other real world theme park), to as close to real life detail as possible. Give me as many options to customize my park as possible, and not only will I preorder and buy the game on day one, but I will encourage my friends too as well (and may even buy it for them).
    Sounds all good specially like the logo part would make the park and rides look more realistic

Quote Originally Posted by Chazzagm93 View Post
    I agree , being able to make a path go diagonal would be great , old grid system like you said is outdated
    That is definitely something that I intended to include, but forgot about.

Quote Originally Posted by Stebun View Post

in their park.

Modding support:
    -custom scenery
    -Custom buildings
    scenery.

Peep Psychology:
    -Act more realistically

-Realistic supports.

movie.

thing manually.

been chosen.
    much easier.
    separate design mode.

theme.

Parades:

Seasonal activities:

excitement rating.

Expansion - Resorts:

Conclusion:
    Everything was going well until you suddenly veered off onto Hotel Tycoon.

Omgroflmaololatquotingasuperlongpostandincreasingp ageloadingtimelol.

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    Everything was going well until you suddenly veered off onto Hotel Tycoon.

Omgroflmaololatquotingasuperlongpostandincreasingp ageloadingtimelol.

That's why I said expansion pack. I know that its a feature that some users wouldn't fully explore (much like how casual players may only slightly include custom scenery in their parks in RCT3), however it would add an even bigger amount of realism to the game, and it would allow for a huge amount of scenarios revolving around the fusion of a theme park and a hotel. (For example, imagine a scenario that starts with you in control of a pretty large property along the interstate in the middle of the desert. Up until recently, the Oasis Motel has prospered by giving decently priced accommodations to weary travelers. However, over the last 15 years, the motels occupancy has declined to a point of no longer being able to pay the bills. In a last ditch effort, the owner (you) took out the largest loan the bank would give you. Now, it is up to you to lure travelers from the highway, with whatever attractions you see fit. Juggle spending your money between hotel enhancements/expansions and building coasters and other attractions.)

Quote Originally Posted by Sambo View Post
    From analysing the screenshots that have been shown, the grid like pathing seems to be the case again

2642718-rct1.jpg

Some of these seem ambitious from a programming stance. Such as the ability to select a terrain group or a custom scenery group to add flora in quantity quickly, or construct a building rapidly. If one wall was repeatedly made, that would be easy to do, but to have the AI determine where a window, door, etc should go and it look good, I think could be a nightmare to code.

Then we really can't address time scale without an entire change to the Franchise. So is that something that is needed? Gamers ask for a regular day cycle with the Peeps leaving at the end of that day and then returning, but no one ever really discusses it. Then they ask for realistic construction times for rides instead of instant placement. Combine the two together, and how long will it take to play a park? If you are doing the one day time, to have a peep come into the park and go to ten of your rides, before being out of money, or the day ends, how long is that in real time. Lets say 30 Minutes. If you build a coaster, on pause doing the design, lets say 20 minutes real time. But to build it at the park takes 120 days of Peep Time to build (4 months) so 3600 minutes, 60 hours of real time? And you need the coaster built so Peeps start spending money and you get that money to afford to build the next one.

Chris Sawyer gave us a time scale for RCT and we have been working with it in 1, 2 and 3. Why change for RCTW?

Then with the time scale issue comes the Hotel issue. A Peep has to become tired to need to sleep at a hotel. And in timescale as it is now, Peeps can be in the park 2 years easily before leaving. So if that would equal a real 16 hour day at a park, then a guest staying at a Peep Hotel should stay at least 1 Peep year before returning to the park.

These numbers are quick and certainly open for discussion, but they should be discussed when ideas are proposed. More thought needs to be put into a lot of what gamers are asking for. And unfortunately until we see what the developers have come up with, based on the current franchise the way we know it, the game that many of these ideas are for, is not the next iteration that follows RCT3, since they would not work in that universe the way we currently understand it

Junior Enthusiast
    Yeah, I really hope the grid is gone, or at least much less restrictive. Looking at SimCity/The Sims 4 shows that you can have a grid but still create paths and items that are curved and/or slanted.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast