?

This is sad

*crickets*

F

🎶 Is there anybody out there listening to my story...🎶

Quote Originally Posted by Kombiice View Post
    ?

This is sad

Anybody out there? Apparently some people do check on new posts once in a while, looking at the posts above this one...

Apart from that, nope...

Meanwhile Atari continues to damage the RCT brand with their latest iteration: RCT Story, which has almost nothing to do with a theme park simulation.

sigh

An open dialogue would have gone a long way with repairing this brand and it's community.
    Last edited by magicart87; 01-31-2020 at 11:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by magicart87 View Post
    An open dialog would have gone a long way with repairing this brand and it's community.
    An open dialogue with Infogrames, eh... I mean the company wearing the Atari name and logo? That’s not going to happen. Even if they would open a dialogue, it would have been full of lies from Atari’s side, just like they did with their communication about RCTW, which was soaked with lies about so many aspects of the game, such as so called “final polish rounds” which proved to be nonsense, and promised launch dates and post-release features and content that was never released (transport rides for RCTW??? Promised, but still nowhere to be seen).

Atari is incapable of ‘repairing’ the RCT brand and it’s community. Just look at their newest launch trailer for a candy crush clone called RollerCoaster Tycoon Story, which has very little to do with a respectable game like RCT 1 or any theme park simulation game for that matter.

I’ve recently been reading up on another project by Atari; the Atari VCS. The resemblance of that project with the RCTW project shows quite some similarities, such as more lies from Atari. Missed launch dates, multiple attempts to fork in (steal) more money from unknowingly people, attempts to cover up the truth and deletion of any negative posts about it on Reddit, calling press who share the truth “trolls” even though they have recorded proof (hmm, where did I hear this before, ah yes during RCTW’s development), and their clear lack of knowledge about how to develop hardware in the first place. It’s all outsourced, and due to Atari not paying the bills of the system architect that man has quit from the project, which makes the future of the Atari VCS uncertain once more, and with that the enormous amount of money that people have invested in it.
    Last edited by JoŽlNL; 01-31-2020 at 09:01 PM.

There's promises (hopeful truths?) and actual promises. (deliverable) RCTW teetered throughout it's rocky development with some of those promises no longer being attainable for reasons X or Y or Z. I can say with 100% certainty that Atari wanted a lot for this game and saw some things that ultimately ended on the cutting room floor in order to meet a release date deadline. A deadline that I, and the majority of the members on this forum expressed pushing back in hopes of making the game better. Atari (or as I suspect "some" within Atari) ultimately made the decision to release as is with the decision to repair the game as needed after launch. It seems this was done - just not well.

The game is still riddled with bugs and stability issues.

In short, Atari was unable to make the game it wanted and more importantly the game we all wanted. Finances, inexperience from the developer, and of course, time constraints led to it's downfall (among other issues i.e. communications)

In the end, this thread and forum like "Rollercoaster Tycoon World" itself... is mostly dead. The only way any of that will change is "with Atari". I stand by my original statement. An open dialogue would go a long way with repairing this brand and it's community. Until then, Atari will continue to release RCT "games" in hopes of finding a new community of players. Maybe in time they'll see that without a community of players (satisfied players) one can not continue to produce games.

I agree that an open dialogue with Atari would go a long way...

... but based on Atari’s communication history and their actions (or lack of actions) in the past years since RCT3, and their complete failure to learn from it, there’s no way that an open dialogue is going to happen, in my opinion.

... and even if they were to open up a dialogue, it would be riddled with lies from Atari’s side, just as what we’re used to from them from their recent projects RCTW and the VCS.

Atari cares about money, not about player satisfaction and genuine quality products. They prefer to tell lies to their customers instead of being honest and telling the truth about their projects.

They should be ashamed of themselves. Too bad that they still continue to call others who share the truth “trolls”, even last year with the VCS project. A clear indication that they have no intention to improve themselves.
    Last edited by JoŽlNL; 02-01-2020 at 05:51 AM.

Passive Peep
    I totally forgot about this place until I got a message notification email from some spammer. Logged in and found I had dozens of them for over the past couple of years. Kind of gives an idea to the state of things around here.

Just came here for nostalgia... or is it nausea?

I see that RCTW is now down to $3.74 on Steam. IMHO, that's about $20.00 too high.

I really wanted to see RCTW succeed. I was an early adopter. I rode the hype train. I shared the news about the awesome RCT game that was coming soon. I was a BELIEVER. In other words, I was a sucker.

Why oh why, Atari? When things were spiraling out of control, why didn't you just own up to it? Yes... you didn't make RCTW, but you were responsible for funding it and building a community. The only thing that we can assume is that you just didn't want to pay what it takes to create a game with so many moving parts. It's not like it's impossible. (Others have done well). You must have had to "cheap out" due to small pockets, investor pressure, or management ineptitude. You either didn't hire a developer with the experience to do it, or you just didn't want to wait long enough and needed money right now.

I learned my lesson. I will look at anything with the Atari name on it with a HUGE amount of skepticism. The worst thing you can ever do is to overpromise and underdeliver. The good will you had with the RCT franchise fans has evaporated.

Fortunately, another game did it right. You know the one. That one is proof that a small group of developers, when they hire (and pay properly for) the right talent, can make a masterpiece.

Do the right thing. It's too late (and impossible for you financially) to refund your customers. You can at least pull RCTW from the Steam store. That would be the responsible thing to do. I guess your investors need every $3.74 they can get.

I'm just highly disappointed. If I was Chris Sawyer, I'd be pissed.
    Last edited by korebreach08; 03-30-2020 at 05:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast