Thread: Are the new Devs able to effect change

Are the new Devs able to effect change

I put 500+ hours as a playtester into RCTW with hundreds of posts on how to make this game playable. Will this new team really evaluate our community suggestions and compare with Planet coaster. At this stage no game will survive without such a comparison

From the way the announcement is worded I expect they are just in to clean up the code. I hope I am wrong but taking the news with a pinch of salt for now.

I really hope that they can do something. Even with a successful game like Planet Coaster I don't think that a successor of Rollercoaster Tycoon would be realistic if they can't make RCTW a good game. And I don't think that PC will get a successor. They are doing this Jurassic World game now and it looks like that they want do make different games and not a series of upgraded theme park games. Personally I'm a huge fan of this kind of games since RCT1 and theme parks in general and I waited so long for a Rollercoaster Tycoon 4, so RCTW was a big disappointment for me. Let's all hope that the new team (whoever they are, I don't care at all, if they want to make a good game and are willing to learn how to do this) can make something good out of this mess. And I know I repeat this a lot, please start to communicate, you have a forum for a reason!

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I really hope that they can do something. Even with a successful game like Planet Coaster I don't think that a successor of Rollercoaster Tycoon would be realistic if they can't make RCTW a good game. And I don't think that PC will get a successor. They are doing this Jurassic World game now and it looks like that they want do make different games and not a series of upgraded theme park games. Personally I'm a huge fan of this kind of games since RCT1 and theme parks in general and I waited so long for a Rollercoaster Tycoon 4, so RCTW was a big disappointment for me. Let's all hope that the new team (whoever they are, I don't care at all, if they want to make a good game and are willing to learn how to do this) can make something good out of this mess. And I know I repeat this a lot, please start to communicate, you have a forum for a reason!
    Communication... I wonder why they didn't post their Developer's Note on these forums. It has only been posted on the RCTW Steam community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by JoŽlNL View Post
    Communication... I wonder why they didn't post their Developer's Note on these forums. It has only been posted on the RCTW Steam community hub.
    I wondered the same thing Joel...

I also think some people are getting a bit excited and expecting big changes.

It would be nice if Atari could clarify if the new team will be continuing development with new features other than PxP asset packs, or if they are just fixing bugs and cleaning up code (as I suspect from the way the announcement was worded)
    I know that they may be less willing to say that the team will be adding x, y and z features given the history of this games development but at least managing expectations of the remaining user base as to whether to be expecting new content would be nice.

I suppose it is also possible that the decision has not yet been made and the new devs may initially be in to do bug fixing with the door open for new features once the core is stable depending on how that goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker86 View Post
    I wondered the same thing Joel...

I also think some people are getting a bit excited and expecting big changes.

It would be nice if Atari could clarify if the new team will be continuing development with new features other than PxP asset packs, or if they are just fixing bugs and cleaning up code (as I suspect from the way the announcement was worded)
    I know that they may be less willing to say that the team will be adding x, y and z features given the history of this games development but at least managing expectations of the remaining user base as to whether to be expecting new content would be nice.

I suppose it is also possible that the decision has not yet been made and the new devs may initially be in to do bug fixing with the door open for new features once the core is stable depending on how that goes.
    Time will tell what will happen with RCTW.

I can't say I look forward to it as my expectations are very low, but I will continue to follow this franchise out of interest since RCT 1, 2 and 3 are some of my favourite games.

Quote Originally Posted by JoŽlNL View Post
    i wondered this as well,dont even know if anyone from the team even comes to the forums any more

Passive Peep
    It's the New Way. All companies seem to have forgotten they have their own sites and forums in favour of tweeting.