Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog Post #1

Love to hear news of a random terrain generator. Will tunnels be in the game? It was bAd how in rct3 just destroyed huge blocks of terrain if you tried to build underground. Also no undo button

I'm inherently disappointed.Not only because that is a "render" or ingame shot or what have you back from when Pipeworks was at the helm, but because you've toted how important your terrain tool has become. I haven't seen anything new, for months, all you've done is rehashed an object from a trailer image and something readily available in RCT3. Add to that it took you roughly a month to create a blog post, with a single in-game asset. I mean really, you're a AAA developer, come on guys.

Please, someone fire your PR manager, because any potential hype you've tried to create is beginning to die.

I really like the screenshot and really like what the blog shared. I'm looking forward to signing up to be part of the ALPHA's and BETA's if I get picked.

About time you guys did a blog post...I am interested to see what can be done with the new terrain features...
    I'm more keen on the closed Alpha! I would love to be a part of that!

As excited as I am for RCTW, everything you described in that post already exists in RCT3. People prefer RCT2 partly because how easy it is to create cohesive designs. With a hard grid system, there is no need to align terrain, scenery, and rides, things just work. Rolling terrain and paintbrushes look and sound great, but it can get way too complicated. What are you doing to make it easier to control the terrain as compared to RCT3?

I'm inherently disappointed.Not only because that is a "render" or ingame shot or what have you back from when Pipeworks was at the helm, but because you've toted how important your terrain tool has become. I haven't seen anything new, for months, all you've done is rehashed an object from a trailer image and something readily available in RCT3. Add to that it took you roughly a month to create a blog post, with a single in-game asset. I mean really, you're a AAA developer, come on guys.
    +1

To be honest, this update is bordering on pathetic. How about telling us what upgrades over terrain have been made from RCT3 to RCTW? Why not treat your gaming public like adults and address why Pipeworks has left and what it means to the development cycle. ( hey if your lawyers say you cant talk about, at least tell us that) I mean what did this blog take you? all of 10 minutes? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just someone who has been around the block a few times on both sides of this, and to be honest, you are blowing this IMHO. How hard is it to simply take a few minutes and share your ideas with your customer base?

We have spent a lot of time thinking about what this game means. With that in mind, we have focused our effort around 4 main foundations: Designing, Building, Playing and Sharing.
    This is great, but why would you then just briefly discuss designing, and not the other 3? It would be nice to have one informative discussion, not 4 half ass ones.
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 01-16-2015 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy View Post
    +1

To be honest, this update is bordering on pathetic. How about telling us what upgrades over terrain have been made from RCT3 to RCTW? Why not treat your gaming public like adults and address why Pipeworks has left and what it means to the development cycle. ( hey if your lawyers say you cant talk about, at least tell us that) I mean what did this blog take you? all of 10 minutes? I'm not trying to be a jerk here, just someone who has been around the block a few times on both sides of this, and to be honest, you are blowing this IMHO. How hard is it to simply take a few minutes and share your ideas with your customer base?
    I have to agree. The blog seemed rather empty, especially after changing companies.

looks Nice!

Empty yeah, I would say lite. But the random terrain! Awesome I have wanted this for so long. Making a park to land I created felt to Godish, I craved some random hills and valleys to force my design down a new path. Kudos!!

First off: all of the people calling for crazy things like sacking the "PR manager" need to really calm down. There's a good chance that a lot of the project simply isn't finished. Out of all the screenshots released we've had like one that shows any from of terrain, so we can simply assume that
    1. A lot needs to be finished, dev screenshots generally don't ensure much confidence with people who quickly jump to assume that unfinished work is the completed game. (We saw this with the game's teaser trailer)

2. The developers could be behind scheduled and don't have much to show that isn't just a folder of random scripts. I'm fine with the game being late, and you should too. Remember that

However I am a bit skeptical of the developer blog method of communicating with fans. What would be a lot more beneficial is more direct communication with fans though the forum or maybe a Q&A. Developer blogs are more for game journalists to view and it would be a lot more beneficial for the developers to answer reoccurring fan questions and save the blog posts for showcasing finished features.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast