Thread: Still a mac version in development?

Still a mac version in development?

Mac version was confirmed a while ago.

https://twitter.com/MeBeEric/status/651961051420971009

Is it still coming?

Quote Originally Posted by Marco Verhoeven View Post
    Mac version was confirmed a while ago.

https://twitter.com/MeBeEric/status/651961051420971009

Is it still coming?
    Hey Marco,

"A while ago" was October 2015... I don't know if you are aware of the current status of RollerCoaster Tycoon World for Windows, but I think it's safe to say that there will not be a Mac version of RollerCoaster Tycoon World. The game has failed to live up to expectations from players and promises / marketing of Atari. It would not be profitable to develop a Mac version, as that would lead to a loss for Atari.

Your best bet is to use BootCamp on a Mac.

Quote Originally Posted by JoŽlNL View Post
    Hey Marco,

"A while ago" was October 2015... I don't know if you are aware of the current status of RollerCoaster Tycoon World for Windows, but I think it's safe to say that there will not be a Mac version of RollerCoaster Tycoon World. The game has failed to live up to expectations from players and promises / marketing of Atari. It would not be profitable to develop a Mac version, as that would lead to a loss for Atari.

Your best bet is to use BootCamp on a Mac.
    Even that would be worthless. Mac books can't do medium level processing let alone a crappy, not even optimized rctw. For hecks sake, Macbooks can barely run Garry's mod. I doubt Bootcamp would go over too well. In my eyes it is too much fuss for such little accomplishment. I know people don't have money growing on trees but if you have a decent windows computer, just save yourself and get Planet Coaster. I'm not being a fan boy, rather preventing you from going into the scam known as RCTW. If you want a RCT game, RCT 1 2 and 3 are much better. I know RCT3 has Mac support and that game is loads of fun. Cheers!

I have a new imac 4k and i'm running RCTW on 4k through BootCamp. Really suprised me how well it runs. Also Planet coasters runs great. Imac has a radeon pro 555 with 2gb.