Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Big Red Caution Sign

Big Red Caution Sign

Why is there a big red banner saying "This forum is not being moderated" at the top of the page?? Does that mean RCTW is officially closed? Why does RCTTouch not have this same banner lol... its really kind of sad to see this happening

Update: the banner has been removed, but it probably should have stayed
    Last edited by breezerHOG; 07-11-2017 at 08:42 AM.

This was posted by a concerned user and ex moderator due to a large number of inappropriate posts which appeared on the forum over the weekend on the RCTW forum.
    Unfortunately it doesn't look like anyone from Atari has been on here in weeks and its left to volunteer moderaters who have now stepped down to clear the decks (I have also stepped down a number of months ago)

Thanks for your efforts to keep these forums safe and clean, fellow (former) moderators! It is appriciated!

Atari Customer Support ChipmunkAtariCS's Avatar
    Hello!

We are currently looking into the matter and we are trying to figure out what's going on with the sign itself,as mentioned by a previous user it seems the sign was made by an ex moderator(non-Atari support), we would also like to inform the community that we are not bots , but we are asking our players to please file a ticket so we can further enhance our help on the situation at hand, we do apologize about the monotonous tone in our replies and thank you for your input.

We would like to thank you for playing RCTW.

Kind regards, Atari support.

I'll hazard a guess that Atari Support is not hosted in North America and possibly not in Europe...

I am getting an "each and everything" vibe here maybe

Quote Originally Posted by ChipmunkAtariCS View Post
    Hello!

We are currently looking into the matter and we are trying to figure out what's going on with the sign itself,as mentioned by a previous user it seems the sign was made by an ex moderator(non-Atari support), we would also like to inform the community that we are not bots , but we are asking our players to please file a ticket so we can further enhance our help on the situation at hand, we do apologize about the monotonous tone in our replies and thank you for your input.

We would like to thank you for playing RCTW.

Kind regards, Atari support.
    There is not a single sign that Atari Support is actually looking into and resolving tickets for technical support. Your mass replies to threads comes far too late. Also, RCTW hasn't been updated since a few months. Based on this it is very unlikely that current technical issues will ever be resolved.

we would also like to inform the community that we are not bots
    Where in this thread did anybody discuss bots? yes there has been many posts about your "bot like behavior" (which are from a couple months ago lol) because your replies are not very nice, helpful or even on topic, so you are not doing a very good job of "informing your community" about your game... clearly RCTW is not going to have much of a future, and it would be nice to have some information about what the non-bot people at atari have to say about the RCT franchise as a whole and its current state.

I've read an official article where the developers called this community a bunch of trolls here https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...t-Coaster-quot

But the few people who do remain are not trolls. Out of the very few posts I have made, your response is not promising or positive.

we are trying to figure out what's going on with the sign itself
    right cuz like the sign is issue #1

we are asking our players to please file a ticket so we can further enhance our help on the situation at hand, we do apologize about the monotonous tone in our replies and thank you for your input.
    I don't want to file a ticket. I am voicing my concern out loud on your public forum where it can be seen by all. I did not buy RCTW because I don't buy into pre-order alpha-beta testing gimmicky cash grabs. But at least some games do it successfully.

I did however, buy every RCT game prior to RCT4. I bought RCT1 multiple times, I bought its expansions and the gold edition. I bought RCT2 and its expansions, and I bought RCT3 and its expansions. I have spent hundreds, if not thousands of hours on the original RCT trilogy. And when I watch videos of the RCT franchise, I see that RCT 1 2 and 3 are still great games. But the recent attempts of Atari to recreate those games is not a good outcome.

I love watching the creations people make in all of these games, and I try to find good videos RCTW I really do try. There are a couple, but for some reason you did not even mention them or anything, when you had a contest it was sad. You should have honored the few good creations in RCTW like this here... https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...e-RCTW-Video!!

I'm not here to blame anybody. Maybe the developers really do care, but it doesn't matter. You guys renewed the RCT license. So I hope you have a better plan than more silly apps like RCTTouch Who is Ataris target demographic for "Touching" games?
    Last edited by breezerHOG; 07-07-2017 at 05:47 PM.

Atari Customer Support ChipmunkAtariCS's Avatar
    Hello breezerHOG!

We appreciate the multiple concerns you're voicing in your reply and do thank you for pointing out any issues with our current support, this helps us in pin pointing any key issues that we can work on and improve.

Regarding future updates and event handling we would recommend waiting for any input from the Developer team so you can be informed of such events.

We thank you for taking your time in replying to us and appreciate the feedback, thank you for playing RCTW and we hope you have a blast!

-Atari support.

thank you for playing RCTW and we hope you have a blast!
    This is not a nice response from you, it shows you did not listen to me fully. Why do you think we called you a bot??

I said I did not buy RCTW, I do not play it. However, I am a paying customer of Atari's for many years, for many games since the days of Pong, and I am a classic RCT fan. I have tried to find good videos of people playing RCTW but it is very rare.

we would recommend waiting for any input from the Developer team
    So basically you have said that, A) you are not a bot and, B) you are not a part of the development team

Does that mean you are a representative of Atari? I don't care who is in charge, you are the official spokesperson of these forums, and the only remaining voice Atari has. Who really has a say in this matter, the developers? Is it Atari?? Either way, the only hope for the RCT franchise is in the possibility of an RCT Classic sequel like I suggested in my other thread, but I don't have high hopes the way Atari rushed to produce RCTTouch instead of correct RCTW is not a good sign

Maybe it would be a good idea for who-ever is in charge at Atari and/or RCTW to consider that a community forum is actually big huuuge part of making a community driven game
    Last edited by breezerHOG; 07-07-2017 at 05:24 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast