Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-release update #8

I'd point out that there are a few members of the beta-testing team who STILL check in several times a week, IF NOT DAILY, even though their last contact with the development team was more than two months ago. The beta-team didn't all abandon things...the development team did.

THAT is 'support'. Not slavish fawning.

When asked to join the beta team, many were told that they were looking for honest feedback, which is what they got. Please don't be blaming people when much of that honest feedback was frowned upon and eventually ignored. The same with those who purchased the game. They have every right to point out what they don't like. Yes, some played the game for all of 15 minutes before reviewing the game, but the majority of people commenting had every right to. Again, much of that feedback was frowned upon and eventually ignored. The game developers made the decision to do that. The game developers have to live with the results from making that decision.

If someone finds this game enjoyable, then that's great! Show off your work and be vocal that you enjoy it. But don't blame the lack of any future additions to the game on those who don't find it enjoyable and who are vocal about that fact. There are certainly other similar games out there where feedback was encouraged and has never been ignored, and those games are thriving and continuing to grow. Perhaps there is a correlation there somewhere?

And still many forget that ATARI / NVIZZIO themselves told to US they have ENOUGH feedback and dont need more ... that have been their words, NOT customers words.

They didnt want more support (feedback) from customers, but people who paid up to famous 70€/$ for this game still wait on getting the prommised stuff for that price.

So what should customers do now instead of waiting to prommised things, wait on fixing things ...
    I mean how will you "support" a game that lacks of content, that has more bugs than features, ... what should you talk about ? There is not many that works in this game.

And what was the most embarasing thing is:
    After they rushed out the Pre-EA-game to release to be first (one day before FRONTIER with PC) while community said its not ready (far away fron that), they left all people alone with it.
    The release of RCTW was so loveless, just a "plonk-there-you-have-the-crap", like you did it with rides and booths in the game.
    No feel of proudness, no of loveness, no feel of "community", because the only ones who were not at launch was ATARI and NVIZZIO. The release of RCTW was so soulless, like their peeps.

If you worked two hard years on a product, put really every digit in you could, you wouldnt have handled it such a way.

Many had problems (and still have today) to get the game starting. There was no one at launch (and after) to help people out, to fix these bugs. ATARI and NVIZZIO didnt care if the game works for their customers who have paid up to 70€/$ for this.

So ATARI / NVIZZIO themselves let the game down from the very first start.

Its like driving by your fans with a car, moving down the windows, throwing the final product into the fanbase, closing windows fast and driving away immediately. This is gutless and thats creepy, bomb-throwers do it the same way. ATARI / NVIZZIO have thrown a bomb into the fanbase with this game and way to treat customers who paid much money for a desktop game, who belived in ATARI who wanted a great game ... who support them to make a fantastic game getting real.

No one wonders why RCTT and RCTM came out so fast ? No one wonders why some stores had final boxes to sold all ready ? These are things you cant decide and produce in some weeks, so this all was long planned by ATARI.
    After two years of developement ATARI found NVIZZIO who were able to do a game, which is portable to mobile and left customers with a fast-ugly-looking upscale to Desktops for "only" 70 bucks.
    Last edited by mbcdex; 06-11-2017 at 02:58 PM.

Meanwhile in Planet Coaster

@Elessar_Luzente: There are some solid replies in this thread, and I hope you'll return to address them. We've given you the opportunity to prove and support your arguments. You said some of our posts were nonsensical and "stupid" (I'd prefer not to use that term), but I think most of us felt the same way about your post yet we still responded.

Let's keep this civil. I look forward to your responses.

@AUS_Twisted: While that update looks fantastic, it doesn't really relate to Elessar's thread. Let's try to keep this a decent conversation for once!

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon1x View Post
    @AUS_Twisted: While that update looks fantastic, it doesn't really relate to Elessar's thread. Let's try to keep this a decent conversation for once!
    sorry to go off subject but I'm not sure what the subject is cause the thread title doesnt match any of the thread content but since this is the only active thread i thought I'd drop this here, sorry if I'm derailing

anyone ever wonder why atari hired nvizzio in the first place? i mean they weren't exactly a well known developer they were in their infancy as a company.
    how did atari discover this small studio? it must be like a needle in a haystack with many just as (in)capable companies to choose from.
    why did they put what was essentially blind faith into nvizzio? the company had little to no prior experience with the ip, genre, engine and to some extent even the platform.

answers to all those questions can be found in one place and summed up in one sentence...

https://ca.linkedin.com/in/yveslegris
    note the dates and titles of current and past jobs 1994-2002
    atari granted nvizzio such a big ip after less than 6months of existing, still wonder why? heres that one sentence...

its not what you know, its who you know

back to the op subject which despite the thread title seems to be purposefully starting an argument that the disappointed ppl made this game fail, hummm yeah thats the problem not the fact the game disappointed them in the first place because an unsuitable developer was hired to make the game as cheaply as possible leading to a shallow, bug filled mess.
    not the fact theyve gone back on their words dozens of times, i wonder if Elessar is still expecting transport next week? the reputation of the game hasn't changed in the slightest since the day they said transport is coming early 2017 so you cant blame anyone but them for that not appearing. They knew where they stood when they made that claim and they never delivered it. praise be to atari the gods of over selling and under delivering, not only did you try but you succeeded GG :/

oh and @Elessar_Luzente you may or may not be aiming at me but just in case you are (you have previously) because you dont know what ive brought to the table... my post count of 1542, is by a very large majority useful constructive comments to help the devs to get the game on track, ive quite possibly made more bug reports and worthwhile feedback than any other player of this game. i dont know that for a fact but im well up there absolutely in the top 10 bug reporters, remember i played this game before it went public when it was even more bug riddled than it was on ea launch, im sure theres some ppl who have seen the effort i put into this game and would agree with that last statement. some of my posts pointed out dozens of issues in a single post and mark my words this game wouldn't be the game it is today without some of the people your blaming for the games demise putting in hours of their own time for no financial gain. without some of us the game would be a much worse experience, everytime you play the game your looking at things that some of us got fixed so you dont even notice it was ever broken. ive seen, read and heard things that under an nda conrtract im not allowed to even discuss but if you knew what i know you'd maybe have a different opinion on the progression of the game. you should stop throwing your nonsense around because if you dont state who specifically your aiming at, your aiming at everyone thats critical of the game. hence why ppl bounced on you its not an admission of guilt its a defense against a know nothings attempt at making sense.
    Bambis mother should have said, "if you dont know something is factual dont bother saying it"

stultus aliquantulus of latine, me sentire callidus
    Last edited by shirty; 06-14-2017 at 12:05 PM.

I think it does relate to the topic as it shows the difference between a genuine good PC game developer and a amateur one Atari / Nvizzio with how a game is developed and properly supported afterwards without a heap of lies.

@shirty: Nah not a problem at all. I found the thread topic to be all over the place when I was trying to write my post.

@AUS_Twisted: I suppose it vaguely does relate to the topic. For instance, I wrote how most of us switched (or never left) to Frontier for reasons such as the one you provided. My apologies.

EDIT: Also shirty in response to your question why Atari hired Nvizzio, I tried to post a response in the 50% off RCTW thread a while back, but my post has to be accepted under moderation first.
    Last edited by Armageddon1x; 06-14-2017 at 01:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    im sure theres some ppl who have seen the effort i put into this game and would agree with that last statement.
    Absolutely 100% agreed. I think the developers - if they were ever around - would agree as well.

EDIT: Also shirty in response to your question why Atari hired Nvizzio, I tried to post a response in the 50% off RCTW thread a while back, but my post has to be accepted under moderation first.
    good luck with finding a moderator around here, i think all the volunteers are sick of it and nookriot, i heard isnt involved in rctw at all anymore, his steam avatar isnt even atari related now. he wont be missed

Quote Originally Posted by Wabigbear View Post
    Absolutely 100% agreed. I think the developers - if they were ever around - would agree as well.
    Thanks man, i really did try but to what end, so much long standing issues that were well documented, so much shallow mechanics that had many a brainstorming, so much wasted opportunity

I know a lot of people think that the mobile RCT games have likely sponged some of the RCTw money into them therefor watering down all of them but what about this... whatever it is https://www.theverge.com/circuitbrea...-atari-product
    Years in the making? Is that years of development? Or is it just years of past gaming production thats getting thrown into a collection of games on a new flashback console. Either way its another moneypit thats been developed at the same time as RCTw.
    Talk about spreading yourselves thin, we cant be blamed for atari not focusing on a single product that could have (if done right) netted them a lot of money. Then they can produce an even better ataribox with the proceeds. sure a producer can work on multiple projects if they can afford it but if you have to shoestring something because you have other things on the go then you shouldnt even start it.
    whatever the ataribox is I doubt itll be much good and very likely nothing an emulator cant already do. hardcore retro/nostalgia gamers wont want a repackaged version they want the originals (my brother has a working 2600 and more games for it than i than i think is sane) so who would this be aimed at, that is assuming its a flashback console.
    If its an attempt at a proper current gen console then RIP money. Nintendo realized many years ago that theres no space on the market for another console their last contenting console was the gamecube in 2001, since that massively undersold they opted for gimmick based systems that rely of motion,, touch,,portability in order to make the sales.
    Maybe the ataribox isnt even a console, it could end up being a fancy years of development shoebox for all i know from the available info.
    imagine how good RCTw would be if it hadnt had to compete for its funding with RCTM RCTT and ataribox.
    Spread it thin and get everything half baked, smart tactics.
    EDIT oh and that "atari vault" thing they launched around the same time as RCTw EA. Ramming 100 atari2600 era games into a pc title with shoddy controls. Mind you that probably didnt cost much since theres not much to develop with that one, except the controls system which they didnt bother doing.
    Last edited by shirty; 06-15-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast