Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-release update #8

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    good luck with finding a moderator around here, i think all the volunteers are sick of it and nookriot, i heard isnt involved in rctw at all anymore, his steam avatar isnt even atari related now. he wont be missed
    Last I heard from him nook about a month ago, was that he was "too super busy" to keep up with community and this forum.. ;\
    I really wonder what he has been busy with, as there certainly is no evidence of him doing anything at all as a community manager these days.
    I am pretty sure that Atari told their own community manager to cease any kind of dialogue with the community, as they are really that stupid that they think this would be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Last I heard from him nook about a month ago, was that he was "too super busy" to keep up with community and this forum.. ;\
    I really wonder what he has been busy with, as there certainly is no evidence of him doing anything at all as a community manager these days.
    I am pretty sure that Atari told their own community manager to cease any kind of dialogue with the community, as they are really that stupid that they think this would be a good idea.
    "too super busy" to keep up with community and this forum.. ;\
    So RCTW doesn't have a community manager anymore. Not that there is much community left for this game...

Quote Originally Posted by JoŽlNL View Post
    So RCTW doesn't have a community manager anymore. Not that there is much community left for this game...
    anymore? was there ever?
    there was recently peaches who did that competition, id class her short lived task as attempting to bring some positivity to the games image,
    there was the very nice vanille pink who was actually more of a dev who would interact with the forum users,
    there was mattlab whos job was never to manage the community but was be the face of atari as they drip fed information out through him while he tried to do what he was hired to do.
    and of course there was nookriot who like the name suggests, started riots by handing out bans and silencing people he didnt like the look of.
    none of them i would say managed the community in any meaningful way. the real community manager is some unknown at atari who put out the "dont say anything to anyone" order. they managed to destroy the community like a boss.
    Last edited by shirty; 06-15-2017 at 05:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    anymore? was there ever?
    there was recently peaches who did that competition, id class her short lived task as attempting to bring some positivity to the games image,
    there was the very nice vanille pink who was actually more of a dev who would interact with the forum users,
    there was mattlab whos job was never to manage the community but was be the face of atari as they drip fed information out through him while he tried to do what he was hired to do.
    and of course there was nookriot who like the name suggests, started riots by handing out bans and silencing people he didnt like the look of.
    none of them i would say managed the community in any meaningful way. the real community manager is some unknown at atari who put out the "dont say anything to anyone" order. they managed to destroy the community like a boss.

Junior Enthusiast
    Vanillapink seemed like the only one who kind of cared at all about this community. At least even after she quit/was laid off she still came back here a few times. Meanwhile the actual community manager that is supposed to be paid to interact and keep us updated is nowhere to be found at all.

u know, i havent been here for a very long time. but its nice to see nothing has changed.

i once had high hopes for this game,ha i remember sitting here and waiting for mattlab to post the weekly update, but that even started to fall though the cracks
    looking back though this forum, finding old posts.. its a shame it went this way, i hope for the RCT world. not the game. but the RCT fan world, this gets put to bed. you know u made a bad game when ever pirates wont download it

prob be better if they did abondon the game, save what absoulte little they may hvae of respect from the rctw community. i been on here since well before the CUBE was modded into RCT3, going to sites like rct2.com and rctdb, the Amazing earl (dunno how many of you will remember him) rctgo too name another.

(editors note - HOLY COSMIC COWS! earl has a site haha http://ae.rctspace.com/)

let sleeping dogs lie guys, this dude may claim to have been around since someone was born (sorry cant name names as i couldnt give 2 u know whats) but only some are veternas in this community, we may have changed user names, grown up, like alot, have a family kids etc, but one thing is true, we truly know what happened , we know what this community use to be like..
    Last edited by LooseKid187; 06-20-2017 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post

Hmm. Weird.

This is just sad. Looking back like 2 years ago I'd never believe this would be the tragic route of RCT.
    I've been around for quite long time, always tried to believe that the game would have a chance but looking now the whole thing is depressing. I can't even dare to open it anymore because it takes 10 minutes just to load the screens and get into the sandbox... and the graphics are just bad now.

I remember the whole Beta Weekend #1 mess. At first it was magical even with the bugs & stuff but it was like the game had a future back then....
    Now the whole thing is dead. Even this forum...there's like nothing else to do so.... sad. Just sad.

I do regret not believing in PCC back then. Hope to get it someday, at least it looks beautiful

RCT Fan

It's been a long time since I've visited these forums. Man, there is so much denial going on it's kinda humorous but also sad to read through everything. I was once 100% devoted to this game. I would check the forums everyday, wait tirelessly for Mattlab to release a new blog, and I had so much hope for this game! But then I saw a PC let's play video and everything changed. Look at the workshop! So many amazing creations. I was in denial too, but for some reason that video opened my eyes.

It's sad to see where this game is, and how a few of you guys are holding on to dear life. Im only posting this so that maybe, just maybe someone might realize that this game is inferior. All you need to look at are the sales numbers and forums. This one is all negative with a few defending the game. PC is all positive with a few criticizing the management system. I guess if you truly like RCTw than good for you! But the rest of the community has moved on and we hope to see you there! best wishes to you all!
    Last edited by jchristiansmith; 06-25-2017 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Clarificaiton

This is the best thread ever! I love observing people in denial! So fascinating.

Go play Planet Coaster whoever you are! Free yourself!!!!

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast