Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 106

Thread: Post-release update #8

  1. #1

    Post-release update #8

    It has been five weeks since the last update (#7) has come out. To me it seems that the game has been adandoned a lot sooner than I expected, as the amount of time between the previous four updates used to be four weeks at most. Hereby I want to thank all who contributed to the swift demise of this game's potential and hope that the publisher will have a second try with another game in spite of all the great contributors out there who are quick to judge and ruin as a consequence. You may want to blame the publisher for all that's happened, but they've shown their best intentions with the yearlong development notwithstanding the pessimism and negativity surrounding the (at least) decent title. I don't exactly know and don't really care what Atari may or may not have done in the past (so don't bother to tell me), but the previous year has proven that the main reason for the abandonment of this game is the notorious self-fulfilling prophecy which some of you created. In short: the game has never had a fair chance just because Atari's name was on the cover, as well as with Watch Dogs 2 (from Ubisoft). Most of you never even bothered to try to acknowledge the positive aspects of the game(s) in public. The criticism concerning RCTW has never been constructive in any possible way and many of you predicted that the game would be abandoned anyway (which has indeed happened by now), even after the game had entered the Early Access stage and went through major improvements. In fact, I believe that the publisher even deserves praise for the fact that they gave it a try, despite the foreseeable outcome of the whole development process due to blind negativity and a lack of support from the majority of the community. Some of you did provide support (true respect to you), but the vast majority only knew how to sharpen their axes and strike down as hard as they could, no matter how undeserved it (mostly) was. However it may be, I sincerely hope this self-fulfilling prophecy won't happen again to any new game title, as it's very simple to ruin a franchise (or just a single game), but very hard to create one. To some extent, a part of the gaming community seems to act like judges who don't have a single clue about what they're actually doing and how they ruin the fun for others. You may not like a game (or any other work of art for that matter), but that doesn't mean you are entitled to spoil the fun for everyone else. This always reminds me of the film Bambi from which many of you could learn a thing or two: "If you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all".

    Fama nihil est celerius.

  2. #2
    Junior Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    809
    Why would a large percentage of the people here on this very forum buy the game if they never intended to give it a chance?? If you had actually been around since before beta weekend, you would know that most people here were positive at a point and many even kept faith after the beta weekend.

    Also love how you blame us and dont want to hear about their past, when this is exactly the same treatment their other main IP's had as well. The fact is that the only thing they did try was to milk a game that was made as cheaply as they could get away with and even that they failed at.

    And this line: "If you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all" just proves you have even less cluse about game development than even Atari. You need criticism that is both good and bad to actually make a good product and if it was not for the criticism we would have had a even bigger disaster with area52 version of the game.

  3. #3
    *Sigh* I knew you were going to post something like this... I thought you said this would be the last you speak of this subject?


    I'll write a full-length post later on, but I can tell you now that many of your posts including this one are very flawed, baseless, and incomplete. Also, is it possible you can edit your post into paragraphs? It's a little difficult reading a huge block of text. Thanks!

  4. #4
    Yep. Blame everyone but the multi million dollar company who made it

  5. #5
    Park Patron Wabigbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,083
    Please... Stop! My eyes can't roll back into my head that far! What an absolute crock. When someone shelled out $60 for this game neither you nor anyone else has the right to tell them that they aren't allowed to voice their disappointment. Instead they are to keep quiet? LOLOL! Did some people go over the top with their opinions? Absolutely. Some that "supported" the game went over the top as well...as the initial post here illustrates.

    I'd suggest if YOU don't like what they had to say then perhaps you should follow your own advice and that of Bambi's mother...



    You don't even know half as much about what went on with this game as you think you do.

    Parum Novit

  6. #6
    It's always lovely to see how people feel addressed and essentially turn themselves in as culprits while denying this at the same time. There's no reason to offend me and if you are devoid of the blame I put on SOME people, there's no reason to be upset in case you deem yourself to be blameless. I've purposefully never mentioned any names. Try to read more carefully next time or at least stop wasting my time with these nonsensical and stupid replies.
    Last edited by Elessar_Luzente; 06-10-2017 at 06:23 PM.

  7. #7
    I was once very positive and excited for RCTW, even after the Area52 trailer of the game. I kept losing faith in the game until Mattlab made seemingly promising updates to restore my faith. Sadly it was only false hope he instilled in many of us, so I found it difficult to remain positive and got a refund after the first beta.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente
    in spite of all the great contributors out there who are quick to judge and ruin as a consequence.
    Some of us have had almost 3 years (1.2 since Early Access) to judge this game, so how are we quick to judge? In fact, you seem to be the one too quick to judge us. For example, you called Forgath, one of the very few to remain positive since the beginning, pathetic because he thought the weather vane was funny. Seriously? Please stop that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente
    I don't exactly know and don't really care what Atari may or may not have done in the past (so don't bother to tell me), but the previous year has proven that the main reason for the abandonment of this game is the notorious self-fulfilling prophecy which some of you created.
    This right here is a major problem with your post. For someone who claims to know the whole history of RCTW, you sure don't show it by the fact you refuse to understand Atari's misbehaviour in the past and present. There's a reason why people became negative you know... You can't keep fully blaming them for this game's demise.

    This "self-fulfilling prophecy" was calculated due to a number of reasons such as poor sales, lack of communication, slow/light updates, poor planning, etc. It's not like we just all decided "hey, let's spread hate for this game and it's publisher for no reason!". Many people have given reasons to you why they don't support this game or why the game would turn out this way, but you chose to ignore it because for some reason, you don't want to accept what Atari have done wrong. Atari basically repeated themselves with the driv3rgate scandal, but I'm not going to bother wasting my time explaining it since you don't want to listen.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente
    the game has never had a fair chance just because Atari's name was on the cover
    Atari isn't the only reason why we left. Quite frankly, I feel Nvizzio lacked the experience to take on such a project shown despite their good intentions. With Unity's limitations, they were unable to create a lot of what we desired in a new RCT game, such as voxel-terrain deformation (they said it was too hard to implement), the ability to recolor/move rides and entrances/exits. Updates were also really slow and light, so most of us moved onto Planet Coaster, which was much farther ahead in development. Heck, it took quite a few months until Bitter Jeweler's stacked rocks request was implemented.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente
    The criticism concerning RCTW has never been constructive in any possible way
    This is just not true. Some former supporters were Beta testers that provided valuable feedback and went ignored, even after months. For example, why is the Troika animation, which was acknowledged to be fixed a year ago, still not fixed? The Stig's coaster suggestions went completely ignored, Wabigbear's UGC suggestions went ignored if I'm correct. Many other peoples bug reports go ignored and are directed to Atari support which don't help at all. I myself offered many suggestions on stream (under a different alias), but they went ignored.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente
    many of you predicted that the game would be abandoned anyway (which has indeed happened by now), even after the game had entered the Early Access stage and went through major improvements.
    I've played the game throughout Early Access and after the full release at my friends house who couldn't get a refund. It has definitely improved since launch, but it's significantly behind Planet Coaster and the other main RCT games. We predicted it would be abandoned due to various reasons I wrote above. The forums emptiness and RCTW's past updates this year have been small assets/bug fixes, it was plain to see they were going to abandon the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente
    I believe that the publisher even deserves praise for the fact that they gave it a try, despite the foreseeable outcome of the whole development process due to blind negativity and a lack of support from the majority of the community.
    Blind negativity was absolutely not the case. We were promised so many things by Atari multiple times, but they didn't deliver the AAA game we wanted [http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/r...x-prime-2015/] [http://www.rollercoastertycoon.com/hello-world-2/]. They've never really showed confidence in their game by not getting a proper booth at E3 2015/2016. The COO said the game was amazing despite not sitting down to even play it. Need I remind you they chose the cheapest possible route to milk the franchise by hiring mobile game developers for RCTW? The three changes of developers, missed release dates, silent cancellation of Beta 2, the whole development was a giant mess from the get-go.


    They were planning to fully release the game by December 2015 after the first beta finished. It was positively clear they weren't even remotely close to being finished. The initial EA release was dreadful as it was riddled with several bugs, lack of polish, features that had not yet been developed. It's most likely Atari knew Nvizzio wasn't capable of creating an AAA game at this point, and it didn't help that Nvizzio had limitations from Atari as well. According to Abbittibbi, who physically met and spoke with the people at Nvizzio, says they were silenced, and guess by who. That's right ... Atari.

    They also sold the game in stores whilst it was still in EA. Some unaware buyers bought the game not knowing it was incomplete because the print on the back was so small and out of plain sight. They suddenly announced their release date a day before Planet Coaster in order to get some cheap sales from unsuspected buyers.

    So why exactly do they deserve praise for doing so many things wrong? Why should people support them if they continue to follow in their past footsteps? What exactly is there to support when they don't listen? Long-time supporters of this game such as The Stig, JMR, Abbittibbi, Danplayer01, realized that their feedback and support was going nowhere, so they've moved onto bigger and better things. It's hard to remain positive when there's not much to be positive about. Sure the game is better, but it lacks so much to be desired.


    If you don't mind, I'd like to ask you a question. I have nothing against you supporting the game, but I want to know why exactly you do? I noticed you agreed with a post on Steam from a former permanently banned member of this forum. To this day, that person has never given a solid reason why RCTW is a good game. They bashed others suggestions on stream saying their suggestions were useless, and calling them Planet Coaster fanboys/trolls. Some of them didn't even play PC at all. So what exactly are you agreeing with him that makes the game "better than what most comments suggest"? Right now, and this is my opinion, it feels more like you support RCTW simply because of the RCT name, and anytime someone says something negative about the game, you say we're too quick to judge or didn't give it a chance.

    Believe me, I'd love to support RCTW, but I can't find any reason to support it when Atari seems to show any lack of care for this franchise. Check out the main website and you'll see RCTW isn't even on the front page anymore. They've changed all the profile photos from RCTW logos to the original RCT logo. They spent some of the funding to RCTW on RCT-Touch.


    There's so many things I wanted to write but have forgotten overnight, but I think you should consider why so many people no longer support the game. They don't blindly hate on Atari because a lot of them have experienced first-hand Atari's faults. Some of them warned them this would happen if they didn't change their ways. It's not their fault they refused to listen to their feedback.
    Last edited by Armageddon1x; 06-11-2017 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Fixed some mistakes and added a little bit more.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente View Post
    It's always lovely to see how people feel addressed and essentially turn themselves in as culprits while denying this at the same time. There's no reason to offend me and if you are devoid of the blame I put on SOME people, there's no reason to be upset in case you deem yourself to be blameless. I've purposefully never mentioned any names. Try to read more carefully next time or at least stop wasting my time with these nonsensical and stupid replies.
    I mean... you called Shirty, Forgath and JoŽlNL pathetic for being so quick to judge the game in one thread. They were once all supportive and positive of RCTW (Forgath still is), but you still call them pathetic? I think you can understand why I felt targeted by your post. I mean, there's hardly anyone here anymore who hasn't given constructive feedback, so who exactly is your post targeted to then?

    I think people are more upset by your condescending attitude you've presented in this thread. Let's tone that down a little, please?
    Last edited by Armageddon1x; 06-10-2017 at 07:00 PM.

  9. #9
    Park Patron Wabigbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,083
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente View Post
    It's always lovely to see how people feel addressed and essentially turn themselves in as culprits while denying this at the same time. There's no reason to offend me and if you are devoid of the blame I put on SOME people, there's no reason to be upset in case you deem yourself to be blameless. I've purposefully never mentioned any names. Try to read more carefully next time or at least stop wasting my time with these nonsensical and stupid replies.
    I suggest you carefully re-read MY post. I don't deem myself to be 'blamed' or to be 'blameless', nor do I think I was specifically addressed, I'm commenting as to your general putdown against anyone - named or not - who doesn't hold the same opinion you have.

    Any offense you feel aimed towards you is of your own making. YOU made the original post, it's disingenuous to whine when it's responded to and you're taken to task for what you wrote...unless you for some reason think your view should stand alone unchallenged as being above reproach? If you feel your time is being 'wasted' then I invite you to follow your own advice and simply move on and spend less of your time being hypocritical bringing up Bambi's mother's "If you don't have anything nice to say, then say nothing at all" followed by whining that you find someone's posts to be "nonsensical and stupid"...but yet you just have to respond to them.

    It's always lovely to see people make a point of posting something inflammatory and than clutching their pearls, batting their eyes and gasping when called out upon it.



    And you STILL don't actually know half as much as you think you do on this topic.

  10. #10
    Junior Enthusiast JoŽlNL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    532
    Quote Originally Posted by Wabigbear View Post
    And you STILL don't actually know half as much as you think you do on this topic.
    Exactly.

    Thanks boxman, Armageddon1x and Wabigbear for the solid replies.

    I'll just paste a quote of myself to make it once again clear that I once was positive about RCTw. I wanted to stay positive, I really did, but at a certain point in development it just wasn't possible for me to continue to be positive. Why? Because of the reasons that boxman, Armageddon1x and Wabigbear have provided in this thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoŽlNL View Post
    Actually, yes, the thought of it being a joke crossed my mind. But I don't believe that it is a joke.

    The evidence of Atari being incompetent as a publisher is so extremely obvious. Bugs that never get fixed, features that never get added, customer support that doesn't even recognise their own game (see recent thread). It's all very clear; Atari has failed and RCTw has failed.

    Do you remember your own prediction that Atari was going to add transport rides in a few weeks? That prediction was made a few months back. Yet, there are still no transport rides in RCTw.

    Atari remains silent about the obvious bugs and missing features.

    I understand that you want to be positive. I would like to be positive as well, but Atari failed so hard with everything related to RCTw that they have made it impossible for me to stay positive. Based on the overall opinions of the community and the players, it is safe to say that it is a fact that for most players the game RCTw has failed.

    It's a real shame.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. POST-RELEASE UPDATE #6 Ė ASIA PxP AND MORE!
    By CommunityAdmin in forum Announcements
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 04-23-2017, 04:50 AM
  2. Post-Release Update #5 - Water Features!
    By CommunityAdmin in forum Announcements
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 03-30-2017, 12:11 AM
  3. Post-Release Update #4 Ė Valentineís Day
    By CommunityAdmin in forum Announcements
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 03-06-2017, 10:56 AM
  4. Post-Release Update #3 - Unity 5.4!
    By CommunityAdmin in forum Announcements
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 01-25-2017, 01:17 PM
  5. Post-Release Update #1
    By CommunityAdmin in forum Announcements
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 01-03-2017, 09:19 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us