Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-release update #8

You don't even have to compare it to Planet Coaster. RCTW is a step down from RCT1-3, and possibly Parkitect (haven't played it yet).

It's clear Elessar_Luzente was simply here to cause trouble. This isn't the first time they've done this, such as when they claimed Frontier copied the Troika from RCTW. Making up false facts as well as insulting people in the process isn't going to help your case. We gave you a chance to make a reasonable argument, but instead you decided to establish yourself as a troll around here, and elsewhere.

Please understand there are reasons why people have such feelings towards RCTW and Atari. There are indeed some people with irrational hatred towards it, but you try to reason with them and prove them wrong! If they choose to be trolls, ignore them, but don't stoop to their level.

Oy Vey... Such unappreciatededness (That's not a real word)

There were thousands of hours spent by community members in playtesting to try and make this game better. Thousands of suggestions, bugs reported.

I may be breaking my non-disclosure. I really do not care at this point.

I feel betrayed and that my effort was wasted. Hundreds of hours of my time poured into this, and the game ended up mediocre.

There were glimmers of something that could be greatly playable. Even hold its own in this environment where another house came out with a competing product. Certainly such games as the one with Studio in it (We still can't name other games I presume) was blown out of the water by this effort.

But the lack of funds to develop from the get go, the do it on the cheap stance, the release early because the President of the Company needed cash to feed the corporate beast, the initial trailer so much better than the delivered product...

There are many faults here. To my mind, the biggest though, as a playtester, was the lack of developers really hearing what the playtesters were saying, over and over. I had several discussions, almost rebellions, with the other playtesters more than a year ago trying to bring to the attention of the production team what was needful to be considered the heir to RCT3. I think we can all see that this game is more the heir of Sim Theme Park than RCT3. And while some parts are clearly stellar, they are very few and far between.

So nothing exists in a vacuum. There are other games out there, and currently the British One is firing on almost all cylindars as the saying goes. This is not my #2, RCT3 would be, and RCT#1 would be my #3 choice.

I hate to think my efforts of over six months and my account over 500 hours of time were wasted, but I think the odds of my playing this game beyond a handful of hours in the future, slim. The competition or the older product, much more likely.

If the corporation could ever see it's way to a near complete retooling of the game, and especially looking at the playtesters thousands of suggestions to make a succesor to RCT3, then the franchise might have a shot at life.

That all is only my opinion. (not humble, just IMO)

i do hope that one day Atari, or who ever will end up with the rights, can do a true successor, because RCT does have a unique character that the current leader in the field does not truly share.

Well stated!

I, like many others, wanted this game to succeed. But, as things have played out, my interest in the game had dwindled once I was able to play PC. And I haven't looked back since. As someone who has lurked mostly in here the insight I have gotten from everyone on the game definitely opened my eyes.

Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    Oy Vey... Such unappreciatededness (That's not a real word)

There were thousands of hours spent by community members in playtesting to try and make this game better. Thousands of suggestions, bugs reported.

I may be breaking my non-disclosure. I really do not care at this point.

I feel betrayed and that my effort was wasted. Hundreds of hours of my time poured into this, and the game ended up mediocre.

There were glimmers of something that could be greatly playable. Even hold its own in this environment where another house came out with a competing product. Certainly such games as the one with Studio in it (We still can't name other games I presume) was blown out of the water by this effort.

But the lack of funds to develop from the get go, the do it on the cheap stance, the release early because the President of the Company needed cash to feed the corporate beast, the initial trailer so much better than the delivered product...

There are many faults here. To my mind, the biggest though, as a playtester, was the lack of developers really hearing what the playtesters were saying, over and over. I had several discussions, almost rebellions, with the other playtesters more than a year ago trying to bring to the attention of the production team what was needful to be considered the heir to RCT3. I think we can all see that this game is more the heir of Sim Theme Park than RCT3. And while some parts are clearly stellar, they are very few and far between.

So nothing exists in a vacuum. There are other games out there, and currently the British One is firing on almost all cylindars as the saying goes. This is not my #2, RCT3 would be, and RCT#1 would be my #3 choice.

I hate to think my efforts of over six months and my account over 500 hours of time were wasted, but I think the odds of my playing this game beyond a handful of hours in the future, slim. The competition or the older product, much more likely.

If the corporation could ever see it's way to a near complete retooling of the game, and especially looking at the playtesters thousands of suggestions to make a succesor to RCT3, then the franchise might have a shot at life.

That all is only my opinion. (not humble, just IMO)

i do hope that one day Atari, or who ever will end up with the rights, can do a true successor, because RCT does have a unique character that the current leader in the field does not truly share.
    Intéressant de voir que même le plus grand fanboy puisse changer d'avis! Le saint esprit est arrivé?

Passive Peep
    Un moment, il n'est pas seul de son groupe, car je pense la même maudite affaire, en bon canadien-français. J'ai EXACTEMENT la même expérience et le même point de vue. Ce qu'il déclare être son opinion est plus que la sienne propre, et plus qu'une opinion simple, ce sont DES FAITS RÉELS ET VÉRIFIABLES. De plus, ce qui est dit est LOIN D'ÊTRE NOUVEAU, pour ceux qui ont accès à ce que les autres n'ont pas(eh oui! des choses vous sont cachées, auxquelles j'ai accès).

Je ne sait pas si dwwilkin est le plus grand fanboy mais je peux dire que la communauté à perdu de très grands noms qui devraient être parmi nous tout de suite. Pourtant, presque tous(incluant moi) sont partis complètement écoeurés vers de plus verts pâturages chez la compétition. Dans ce cas, c'était vrai que l'herbe était plus verte chez le voisin.

La majorité du groupe à exprimé un point semblable. Comme eux, je reviens dans le forum(même après avoir été temporairement banni-je sais toujours pas pourquoi) mais pas dans le jeu. Je ne l'ait pas ouvert depuis la journée de la publication officielle, il n'est même plus installé.

J'ai attendu ce jeu pendant plus de 5 ans(comme vous) et contribué directement à RCTW. J'ai lourdement prévenu ATARI en personne dans les bureau de NVIZZIO, à propos de NE PAS FAIRE ce que nous vivons maintenant(un gros rien du tout). J'ai retiré tous les détails de mon compte ici en tant que protestation, ait retiré toutes les vidéos du jeu sur mon youtube(ma chaine dédiée RCT est maintenant pour Planet Coaster), additionnée de plusieurs de RCT3 qui avaient plus de 9 ans. Je détient des exclusivitées filmées et enregistrées par moi dans le studio NVIZZIO vers septembre 2016, pendant la production RCTW.

Ce qui est arrivé à RCTW n'est tout simplement pas acceptable quand mon VRAI nom figure dans les crédits.

Surtout, surtout quand le jeu est produit à Montréal, quelle honte!

C'est à pleurer!

----------------GOOGLE TRANSLATE TEST:-----------------------

For a moment, he is not alone in his group, for I think the same damned affair, a good Frenchman. I have EXACTLY the same experience and the same point of view. What he declares to be his opinion is more than his own, and more than a simple opinion, are REAL AND VERIFIABLE FACTS. In addition, what is said is FARM OF BEING NEW, for those who have access to what others do not (yes, things are hidden, to which I have access).

I do not know if dwwilkin is the biggest fanboy but I can say that the community lost to very big names who should be among us right away. Yet almost all of them (including me) have gone completely disgusted with green greener pastures in the competition. In this case, it was true that the grass was greener with the neighbor.

The majority of the group expressed a similar point. Like them, I come back in the forum (even after being temporarily banned - I still do not know why) but not in the game. I have not opened since the day of official publication, it is not even installed .

I have been waiting for this game for over 5 years (like you) and contributed directly to RCTW. I have heavily warned ATARI in person at NVIZZIO's office, about DO NOT doing what we are living now (a big nothing at all). I removed all the details from my account here as a protest, removed all the videos from the game on my youtube (my channel RCT is now for Planet Coaster), plus several RCT3s that were over 9 years old. I have exclusive films recorded and recorded by me in the studio NVIZZIO towards September 2016 during the production RCTW.

What happened to RCTW is simply not acceptable when my TRUE name is in the credits.

Especially, especially when the game is produced in Montreal, what a shame.

I'll go and cry now!

OK! Translates is not very good-you get the point-I will not retype
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 07-14-2017 at 11:20 AM.

Hmm. Why have they done this? It's a point of no return.ö

It is obvious that Atari has screwed up production of RollerCoaster Tycoon World. Atari has attempted to produce this game in a way so that it would be as cheap as possible for them as publisher, and at the same time has attempted to 'grab' as much cash as possible from the players, meanwhile making many promises about the state of the game, optimisation, future development and upcoming additional content. Most of those promises were simply lies from Atari. I get that there are companies who prefer this type of marketing- and production strategy, but in case of Atari it clearly was and is a failure.

RollerCoaster Tycoon World is a failure. Development of the game has ended (ignore Atari customer support (probably outsourced) stating otherwise). The players did not get the game that was initially marketed / promised to us. Too many things are either missing or broken.

Based on publications of statements of Atari staff, Atari is blaming the players for the negativity around the game. They have never acknowledged that Atari themselves are the ultimate cause of the failure that is RollerCoaster Tycoon World.

There was a time that I wished for RollerCoaster Tycoon World to become a great game. I was once positive about this game. That time has passed. Atari failed to deliver. I will not see RollerCoaster Tycoon World as a part of the RCT franchise. This game doesn't deserve that name because it doesn't live up to the quality of the other RCT titles.

I'm happy that I can enjoy another theme park simulation game as the spiritual successor of RollerCoaster Tycoon 3. That game is not RollerCoaster Tycoon World.

Passive Peep
    Like dwwilkin said above, there was almost a rebellion from the test group during production. The ranks got decimated by Atari's own ignorance.

It wen't so sour, that at some point, devs group was ordered to shut up and not talk to us anymore. Then we had KIM, manager for production, a wonderful spirit girl working at NVIZZIO who tried to manage damage control. She too ended shuted by Atari. All the appointed community managers ended quiting(Vanillapink, Peaches, Nook) without a public reason. So, we externals people are amused by the internal people, as we see it does not work better inside Atari as the outside image we have.

I was invited to test like others, then they just forgot about us. It's just like going in a restaurant, and the waitress would be ignoring you, claiming it's not her job to take in your order, and you should be going to get it yourself in the kitchen. When you get there, you found there is nothing in the refrigerators, the grill has no gas and the Chef is yelling at you, saying it's your fault all is screwed. Yet, pay your bill still for you got nothing from your order.

Above all, Atari, mother of videogaming, is spitting on the People(community), games, and gaming spirit, incapable of retaining their title.

Along with others, my 3000+ hours of RCT experience was never listened to. It's true we testers worked hard on this title, but almost all was ignored. Among things, I pushed hard for a building generator, and it took months before it was put down on the table, if not, this game would not even have it. The test group also pushed for transports, which I've seen(recorded on camera) in NVIZZIO's studio, but again, that was only sand in the eyes.

It's now clear this title will never be up to the challenge, and based on sales, they will not put in anymore money on it, since the community will not follow, nor believe anymore lies. It's too late. NVIZZIO's contract is done with.

I've had more fun with this forum than with RCTW.

Even if they brought in the most spectacular update ever done for videogame, EVEN FREE, I've move forward, and will not turn back.
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 07-14-2017 at 11:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbittibbi View Post
    Like dwwilkin said above, there was almost a rebellion from the test group during production. The ranks got decimated by Atari's own ignorance.

It wen't so sour, that at some point, devs group was ordered to shut up and not talk to us anymore. Then we had KIM, manager for production, a wonderful spirit girl working at NVIZZIO who tried to manage damage control. She too ended shuted by Atari. All the appointed community managers ended quiting(Vanillapink, Peaches, Nook) without a public reason. So, we externals people are amused by the internal people, as we see it does not work better inside Atari as the outside image we have.

I was invited to test like others, then they just forgot about us. It's just like going in a restaurant, and the waitress would be ignoring you, claiming it's not her job to take in your order, and you should be going to get it yourself in the kitchen. When you get there, you found there is nothing in the refrigerators, the grill has no gas and the Chef is yelling at you, saying it's your fault all is screwed. Yet, pay your bill still for you got nothing from your order.

Above all, Atari, mother of videogaming, is spitting on the People(community), games, and gaming spirit, incapable of retaining their title.

Along with others, my 3000+ hours of RCT experience was never listened to. It's true we testers worked hard on this title, but almost all was ignored. Among things, I pushed hard for a building generator, and it took months before it was put down on the table, if not, this game would not even have it. The test group also pushed for transports, which I've seen(recorded on camera) in NVIZZIO's studio, but again, that was only sand in the eyes.

It's now clear this title will never be up to the challenge, and based on sales, they will not put in anymore money on it, since the community will not follow, nor believe anymore lies. It's too late. NVIZZIO's contract is done with.

I've had more fun with this forum than with RCTW.

Even if they brought in the most spectacular update ever done for videogame, EVEN FREE, I've move forward, and will not turn back.
    Thank you for your posts and your contribution to these forums, and for your work in testing the game, Abbittibbi, dwwilkin and other members of the closed test group. It's sad that it didn't work out the way we all wanted it to work out.

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast