Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Medieval buildings

Junior Enthusiast
    I have uploaded all six medieval buildings i created to the workshop. I intend to make more but i have not gotten around to it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by MontyMamba View Post
    Definitely! As someone that isn't good at creating UGC content; I really appreciate you guys creating this stuff. It's a huge help and along with the recent updates, I think we finally have the start of something good in the game. I know there's still a lot left to do as far as what we want in the game, but I see considerable progress and I'm thankful. Anyone seen where Atari has extended the agreement to have the RCT franchise until 2022? Is that exactly correct? If so, what does that mean for the current version of the game? Does that guarantee more updates and improves? A expansion pack maybe? Whole new RCT game altogether??
    https://venturebeat.com/2017/05/19/a...nd-until-2022/

Junior Enthusiast
    2 pictures for the moment from work in progress:

20170604152219_1.jpg20170604152442_1.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by MontyMamba View Post
    Definitely! As someone that isn't good at creating UGC content; I really appreciate you guys creating this stuff. It's a huge help and along with the recent updates, I think we finally have the start of something good in the game. I know there's still a lot left to do as far as what we want in the game, but I see considerable progress and I'm thankful. Anyone seen where Atari has extended the agreement to have the RCT franchise until 2022? Is that exactly correct? If so, what does that mean for the current version of the game? Does that guarantee more updates and improves? A expansion pack maybe? Whole new RCT game altogether??
    First and foremost: great work Forgath Keep it up!

I'm still hoping for more significant updates for RCTW, but the last one dated all the way back to January of this year, so the chances for any further development are very slim. I expect the publisher to launch a new PC game in a couple of years and start all over again with a clean slate. However, there's always a chance that the gaming community will show its worst side yet again and ruin a beautiful project, which is exactly what happened to Watch Dogs 2 and RCTW. Nearly all of them blamed the publisher for the swift demise, but the opposite is true from my perspective. Let's hope that won't happen again to any game or franchise, as there's no reason to tear other people's work down if you don't like it. Would anyone dare to do the same to a (public) piece of art and still defend it as a righteous act? To me those people are just as pathetic as people who wittingly destroy pieces of art in a museum, for example.
    Last edited by Elessar_Luzente; 06-04-2017 at 02:39 PM.

Looking good Forgath. Sorry to go off-topic briefly.

@Elessar_Luzente - What happened to Watch Dogs 2? I'm not entirely familiar with the franchise, but I can't find anything that would lead to it's swift demise. In fact, from what I've read it seems to have improved upon the first Watch Dogs. Pre-order seem to be poor (not a failure) due to people being reluctant to buy it after the first Watch Dogs didn't meet their expectations, since it was different from the demo Ubisoft showcased earlier.

Just curious as to how this is comparable to RCTW, which is almost certainly going to meet it's demise for reasons more than what you suggest?

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon1x View Post
    Looking good Forgath. Sorry to go off-topic briefly.

@Elessar_Luzente - What happened to Watch Dogs 2? I'm not entirely familiar with the franchise, but I can't find anything that would lead to it's swift demise. In fact, from what I've read it seems to have improved upon the first Watch Dogs. Pre-order seem to be poor (not a failure) due to people being reluctant to buy it after the first Watch Dogs didn't meet their expectations, since it was different from the demo Ubisoft showcased earlier.

Just curious as to how this is comparable to RCTW, which is almost certainly going to meet it's demise for reasons more than what you suggest?
    What happened is exactly what you said in that the first game was rather lackluster, which led people to not expect the same from the sequel. Quite sad as it was a huge improvement over the original.

When it comes to RCTW the situation is pretty much completely opposite.

Junior Enthusiast
    Thank you for the replies.

a few more pictures from a small village inside castle walls:
    20170605180800_1.jpg20170605180844_1.jpg20170605180915_1.jpg20170605180942_1.jpg

I still would like to add a coaster into the mix, not sure yet how to fit it. I probably have to expand first.

ps: there is a actual path lying under the castle floor pieces, so visitors can walk through this place (and around the fountain), but I have not made up my mind yet if i keep it this way.

Neat use of the castle floor pieces, Forgath. Does the real path lead towards the back of the buildings as well?

I get a little bit of a Castle Town Market vibe from Ocarina of Time looking at those pictures, haha.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon1x View Post
    Neat use of the castle floor pieces, Forgath. Does the real path lead towards the back of the buildings as well?

I get a little bit of a Castle Town Market vibe from Ocarina of Time looking at those pictures, haha.
    I had to google the name for reference pictures, but i do understand what you mean.

and yes, at the moment i have 2 entrees:
    20170605185336_1.jpg20170605185359_1.jpg

20170605185229_1a.jpg
    the red lines are showing the path that is currently there. The white ones are possible directions i can use for more entrees.

Oh whoops! I mistook the castle walls as floor behind the buildings. If you are going to build a coaster, what type do you plan to use?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast