Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Complete list of Bugs and Glitches (after post-release update #7)

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente View Post
    Has it ever occurred to any of you (Shirty, Forgath and JoŽlNL) that they may have made that weather vane wrong on purpose as a joke? I hope you don't actually believe that anyone would get these wind directions wrong. You are all so acrimonious and quick to judge this game that you can't even appreciate a small joke anymore... so pathetic.
    I thought most of the game and Atari themselves are a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente View Post
    Has it ever occurred to any of you (Shirty, Forgath and JoŽlNL) that they may have made that weather vane wrong on purpose as a joke? I hope you don't actually believe that anyone would get these wind directions wrong. You are all so acrimonious and quick to judge this game that you can't even appreciate a small joke anymore... so pathetic.
    Actually, yes, the thought of it being a joke crossed my mind. But I don't believe that it is a joke.

The evidence of Atari being incompetent as a publisher is so extremely obvious. Bugs that never get fixed, features that never get added, customer support that doesn't even recognise their own game (see recent thread). It's all very clear; Atari has failed and RCTw has failed.

Do you remember your own prediction that Atari was going to add transport rides in a few weeks? That prediction was made a few months back. Yet, there are still no transport rides in RCTw.

Atari remains silent about the obvious bugs and missing features.

I understand that you want to be positive. I would like to be positive as well, but Atari failed so hard with everything related to RCTw that they have made it impossible for me to stay positive. Based on the overall opinions of the community and the players, it is safe to say that it is a fact that for most players the game RCTw has failed.

It's a real shame.

^ exactly ^

at least i presented a new bug that as far as i can tell noone else had mentioned to the devs. Elessar_Luzente,your list contains several bugs that have been reported already, some of which existed on day 1 and were reported back then. for example sci-fi fence corners missing a panel, known bug thats been left as is since the start. if it needs reporting more than once then that just shows futher ineptitude than not bothering to fix it.
    the reality is its not deemed of high enough priority to spend man hours on doing a fix as with many of the long standing issues, that right there is the problem. its hard to stay positive when the issues mount up and things like the weathervane (which is a super basic 15min from zero to textured model) is rushed out asap with little to no QA checking on the quality of the piece.
    as a 3d modeller myself if i accidentally or jokingly put a janky weathervane into a render for the company i work for i would get torn apart for doing so, do several janky jobs and i would be out of a job. sure i make mistakes along the way but they never get to see the public light. my own and the whole companies reputation is on the line so everything is double checked before its cleared. 1 mans stupid mistake makes everyone look stupid for not rectifying it.

i recently said something about this game that went something like this...
    it might seem like we are making a mountain out of a molehill but when you stack 1000 molehills on top of each other it becomes a mountain all by itself.
    hard to stay positive when your stood atop of a molehill mountain, yet i still pointed out that the E was correct in a positive light. well besides the fact the E as with the rest of the model is absolutely massive for what it is representing. half the size would sill be pretty big, but at half the size the texture quality could probably be reduced by half as well saving a smidge of perf in a game than needs every sliver of fps it can get.
    makes no sense from any angle to be so big but scale hasnt been Nvizzios strong suit since the start. dunno how they find it so hard, Google will provide info on pretty much any object in existence, physical or imaginary. if someone had consulted google when they were looking to put the entrance building into the game maybe we wouldn't have a building with the bounding area of an entire 7-8 story city block frontage.
    rctw entrance.jpgeverything in this image is to the correct scale for a true comparison.
    height; entrance building 3 floors, apartment building behind it 6 floors above a ground floor shop which is almost 2 floors tall in itself (= almost 8 story). from that angle its hard to tell but the flags atop the entrance are actually taller than the apartment building behind them, the roofs are almost the same height.
    length; about 2meters short of a city block (left side is flush).
    the scale of this has been reported since beta1 yet all that was ever done to fix it was to shrink the textured on doors to be nearer the right size. mesh has never changed. pretty big molehill right there.
    also i just have to point out that if you study the entrance till the end of time you will never figure out how someone could possibly get access to floors 2-3, its design its fatally flawed as being a working building. good job its in a game

BTW, i made the red model of the entrance as a UGC framework template to be able to model a new reskin of the building with a new themeing. gave up when i came to realise that very few things can effectively hide a building of such size. aircraft hanger being the most effective. if it had been at a reasonable scale, the very same building model could have been shelled with a large range of designs but as is, its pretty difficult and very time consuming due to the size of it.

ps. theres several other little bugs/mistakes not mentioned here in the entrance model but not of a priority worth fixing apparently. kinda admit they are fairly minor but the fact they exist shows lack of care in the first place, but they dont get noticed by most ppl so its a case of, meh whatever lets not spend 15minutes fixing up that model lets spend it making a new janky model instead.

pps. and before you say it, yes i have considered that they might have made the entrance insanely big to beef up the grandeur of it. i consider that to be a failed attempt as its left looking silly and lurks in the background of the most pretty of parks like a photobombing dog mess. plus the fact they had to shrink the doors goes to say it wasnt even meant to be that big it was just botched up somewhere down the pipeline. if they wanted a building that size it should have been designed to be that size, then it might actually hold that grandeur. considering this building is the only thing that is in literally everyones park you'd think it would be of very high quality.
    Last edited by shirty; 05-10-2017 at 09:15 AM.

I would like to get an explanation from the Atari Community Manager about the current state of RCTw.

In all honesty, what can we expect for RCTw?

Will we get a few more months filled with occasional updates for RCTw which will only contain some new PxP assets and some minor bug fixes?
    Or can we expect an update before a to be specified date which will include transport rides (as previously promised), and possibly other features that are missing in the game? I'm guessing the answer to that question will either not be officially shared with us at all, or it will be no.

I know Nookriot his last reply was posted over 2 months ago. That being said, a reply from him would be appreciated by the community.
    Last edited by JoŽlNL; 05-09-2017 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyPanda View Post
    JoŽl, everything alright? Why are you talking to that brick wall over there?
    You are right. I will stop talking to that brick wall over there. It has no use.

Atari has lied too many times. Atari has deliberately failed with RCTw. It is obvious. It is a real shame.

It is over.

it was not a joke, it was the devs thinking that if they switch south and west, players would get drawn into the idea that The "World" of RCT World is a unique World unlike Earth, and down is left and left is down, up is backwards but right is still right, and RCT World is all wrong... now lets see what other oddities this World of RCT World has to offer

The game froze when I tried to go into the menu of the benches in a piece by piece building

Atari Customer Support ChipmunkAtariCS's Avatar
    Hello!

We thank you for the compilation of bugs and issues the game is having and welcome you to make a ticket to our support department, if any of your cases take to long to get looked at or get an answer please let me know the ticket ID so we can investigate the status quo and identify the situation your issue is in.

We appreciate your concern for the game and we would like to help out , but in order to do so we require information on these issues and gladly accept any input on the bug to further enhance knowledge about said bug or glitch.

Thank you for playing RCTW!

Kind regards, Atari support.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12