Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complete list of Bugs and Glitches (after post-release update #7)

Complete list of Bugs and Glitches (after post-release update #7)

There are still more than enough fans of this franchise who have high hopes for this game, so I can say we all sincerely hope these issues will be addressed in the next update(s). It's not too late to turn this decent game into a wonderful game!

Coaster builder:

• The delete button for coaster trains (the "bin icon" for adding and/or removing train cars) doesn't work. Only the delete key (on the keyboard) allows you to make coaster trains shorter.
    • The speed marks indicating the exact speed of the coaster train (accessible from the Test tab) do not appear over the coaster tracks.
    • Accelerator coaster: the "Top hat left" specialty piece can not be built, as it always displays an "invalid location".
    • The sound is missing on all additional coaster trains (sounds for wind, screaming, etc.). The sound does work for the first coaster train, but second, third, etc. coaster trains don't have any sound whatsoever.
    • Flying coaster: peeps leave the coaster cars before the restraints have opened up.
    • The exits of the following coaster stations are not properly aligned to the station building: Dive coaster - skeleton station / Accelerator coaster - standard stations 01 and 03 / Spinning coaster - SciFi station.
    • The restraints of the following coasters don't open and close when peeps enter and leave the coaster trains: Looping coaster, Wooden coaster, Hyper coaster, Dive coaster, Inverted coaster, Floorless coaster, Accelerator coaster and the Wing coaster.

Flat rides:

• All flat rides: it often occurs that the sounds belonging to the roller coasters are clearly audible when making use of the ride cameras of the flat rides. The sound of all flat rides is also desynchronised with the actual movements of the ride if the game has been sped up.
    • MontgolfiŤres: the exit of this ride isn't properly aligned, as it's not possible to build paths from this at an angle of 90 degrees when the "align tool" has been enabled.
    • Spacewars + Rings of saturn + Zero-G force: the glass textures of these rides are supposed to be transparent.

General:

• The SciFi paths (both the regular path and the queue) regularly display a texture glitch when multiple buildings and rides have been built alongside the path. It usually seems to occur with the exits and entrances of rides and with path crossings. The railings of the SciFi paths (both the regular path and the queue) also don't contain any glass and animations when corners have been built See the screenshots:

RCTW_2017-04-30_04-12-25.jpgRCTW_2017-04-30_04-13-14.jpg
    • The "Depth of field" graphical option doesn't work properly, as it turns the entire screen blurry if it has been set to either low, medium or high.
    • The rotating options (1,2,3 and 4) remain visible in the lower right corner of the screen when the HUD has been turned off and on again.
    • Janitors freeze for several seconds when they're emptying a bin.
    • The "Juna" alien entertainer doesn't have a (visible) mouth, whereas her statue does show a mouth.
    • The "Memory Lane" souvenir shop does not work, as peeps do not enter the building and the souvenirs are not being sold.
    Last edited by Elessar_Luzente; 05-07-2017 at 12:40 AM.

Deco and lights: Elevate, twist et pitch not available

Quote Originally Posted by laurent.landry View Post
    Deco and lights: Elevate, twist et pitch not available
    Super heaven and Wacko taco (Whismy) have de saladman background image

heres a fun bug for yall
    i just saw an image of a pretty decent little pxp building, the creator was pretty proud of it with exception of the great big massive weathervane. he thought it looked much too big and im very inclined to agree BUT that isnt the biggest issue (pun intended) i have with that piece.

N
    |
    S---+---E
    |
    W

REALLY? i only seen this thing in a screenshot and i can instantly tell its wrong. might seem like a small thing but how basic is the layout of a compass.
    im also inclined to say the N is backwards as well but im not sure if that is just looking odd due to the view of the screenshot.
    gotta stay positive... the E looks right
    Last edited by shirty; 05-08-2017 at 05:52 AM.

Junior Enthusiast
    I did see the weather vane, but I did not look at the letters properly. I'll check it out later. It makes me grin

Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    heres a fun bug for yall
    i just saw an image of a pretty decent little pxp building, the creator was pretty proud of it with exception of the great big massive weathervane. he thought it looked much too big and im very inclined to agree BUT that isnt the biggest issue (pun intended) i have with that piece.

N
    |
    S---+---E
    |
    W

REALLY? i only seen this thing in a screenshot and i can instantly tell its wrong. might seem like a small thing but how basic is the layout of a compass.
    im also inclined to say the N is backwards as well but im not sure if that is just looking odd due to the view of the screenshot.
    gotta stay positive... the E looks right
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgath View Post
    I did see the weather vane, but I did not look at the letters properly. I'll check it out later. It makes me grin
    I reinstalled the game just to check this issue out...

I can give Atari praise for one thing; they manage to screw up everything they do.

Has it ever occurred to any of you (Shirty, Forgath and JoŽlNL) that they may have made that weather vane wrong on purpose as a joke? I hope you don't actually believe that anyone would get these wind directions wrong. You are all so acrimonious and quick to judge this game that you can't even appreciate a small joke anymore... so pathetic.
    Last edited by Elessar_Luzente; 05-08-2017 at 07:31 PM.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente View Post
    Has it ever occurred to any of you (Shirty, Forgath and JoŽlNL) that they may have made that weather vane wrong on purpose as a joke? I hope you don't actually believe that anyone would get these wind directions wrong. You are all so acrimonious and quick to judge this game that you can't even appreciate a small joke anymore... so pathetic.
    Could you really blame him for thinking that?? This is from a company that got everything else wrong, so it would not be so far fetched that they messed up in this case as well.
    This is the same company that does not even recognize their own game from a screenshot:
    https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...l=1#post107977

And if this was a joke like you suggest, then it is just as amusing and sad, as it is just as much of a failure even as a joke.

now thats a funny joke, i like your sense of humour, and yeah i do find the weathervane funny too. the reversed UVs on the N, hilarious, what a punchline, comedy genius right there. *facepalm*

by the way i wouldnt say i was quick to judge, i gave this game well over 1000 hours before i made my mind up about it. if only you knew what ive seen.

ps. i pointed out a bug in a thread for bugs and its you who cant see the comedy in how i presented it and throw out words like acrimonious and pathetic. look in a mirror.
    Last edited by shirty; 05-09-2017 at 05:53 AM.

Just so you know, Forgath never said anything negative about the weather vane. YOU are the one who is so quick to judge, so please don't call us pathetic...

Also, what exactly implies the weather vane was made incorrectly as a joke? People get things wrong all the time because we're human. Unless there's some inside joke about weather vane's I'm missing here, it's just another mistake to add to the list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast