Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OK, let's give this another shot...

OK, let's give this another shot...

I have to say, when it comes to coaster/theme park sims, I'm always open minded and don't like getting into wars. Depending on the mood, I jump around from Planet Coaster to No Limits 2, Rollercoaster Tycoon World, to Parkitect, Theme Park Studio and RCT3. There are also months when I don't go near any of 'em. I fired up the latest version of RCTW which I tend to do after each update. Generally, I like seeing what they've improved, but I always come away still wondering why there are issues that haven't been changed or addressed since the start. The thing is, there are actually a lot of things I do like about RCTW. You guys have a great coaster editor that unfortunately, has been getting buried among all the stand out problems. The frame rate for me has gotten better with each release, but how is it that...

The block brakes are only half working?

Over 3/4 of the flat rides still run at the same, unrealistic fast speed as they did from the start? Even those 3 kiddie rides that recently came with an update. Pretty, but ridiculously fast.

Coaster/Ride Cam .. only a select few coasters have the default camera correctly positioned inside of the seat. The rest are off, or WAY off. When I click on the ferris wheel camera, I expect to be immediately inside of one of the cars, looking out at my surroundings, not suspended in between cars with my skull impaled by the wheel's frame. Why is the default ride cam on the flying coaster, behind and off to the side? You can never experience what it's like inside of the car. How about that Mayan Disc spinning thing... the default camera is facing the riders -- while you float on nothingness. Sure, you can click on a peep and be in their ride cam, but what if I want a park without peeps to keep up the frame rate? The craziest part is - the coaster/ride cam was actually working correctly quite early on. Did someone at Nvizzio run into a problem where if they now fix the coaster cam, it would mess other things up?

If I forget that I paused the game - let me hit ESCAPE when I get that warning before testing a coaster. Instead, I have to shut the pop up window with a mouse click in the X? That's very Windows '98.

I built a good coaster with actual working block brakes yesterday, only to learn my coaster sound effects decided to randomly stop producing audio. Gone were the screams from the ride or the sounds of wheels rolling on steel.

I went from my lap top to my desktop, and none of my parks, community blueprints or UGC that I downloaded were "synced" over. It was a like a blank canvas.Steam sync options were indeed "on".

Then there's that weird frame rate glitch. It seems to happen once the park is really packed with people. It's like the world pauses every 10 seconds for like a millisecond. If you watch closely, you'll see it - it's like a stutter, or skip. It was much worse many months ago, but while the frame rate definitely improved, that weird skip still remains. It's this a unity thing that can never be resolved?

The UGC interface is still a train wreck. I have lingering blueprints that even after disabled are still showing up, along with duplicates. My own blueprints are not showing up when enabled. The search engine throws me out of the UGC window if a certain letter is typed, and I've had various crashing from time to time.

Parks from others can only be loaded up to look at. Might as well be looking at youtube versions...it's a pointless feature without being able to experience another person's park like a visitor, especially to ride their coasters.

Last but not least -- if you forget to save your work, and you pull out the bulldozer to clean up some unwanted scenery, AND accidentally doze your coaster. It''s over. gone, dead, buried. Nil. Plus with the last 2 days, I've had a least a dozen unexplained crashes.

As for park management - I don't do it, so that's not my concern, but I've seen more than enough posts that seem to show equal frustration in that department.

I would have definitely jumped on making UGC for this, but I first want to enjoy the product, rather than just pushing out custom scenery simply because the option is there.
    Last edited by JCat_NYC; 03-21-2017 at 05:01 AM.

Good post but unfortunately it will not be answered by someone from Atari or Nvizzio. Only people from the community will response. And when you are talking about flying insects (they make almost no noise), you can recieve a ban. :-) Hopefully someone at Atari will prove me wrong.

It's good to see that some members of the community still enjoy the game and share this, in spite of its flaws. I believe that the current issues will be addressed eventually, albeit later than we expected. If we are to get out of the game what we want, we will have to keep showing support to let them know this game is still alive among the fans, so to speak
    Last edited by Elessar_Luzente; 03-22-2017 at 10:22 PM.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente View Post
    It's good to see that some members of the community still enjoy the game and share this, in spite of its flaws. I believe that the current issues will be addressed eventually, albeit later than we expected. If we are to get out of the game what we want, we will have to keep showing support to let them know this game is still alive among the fans, so to speak
    Is that why they are ignoring the community including their very own forums?? Is that why all the recent patches has been nothing but easy filler stuff like assets?? Is that why there is no activity on their internal dev build, except for a few days before another filler patch with assets?

Everything points towards them having quit working on the game quite a while ago. There is no way they can have more than one person working on it anymore. This is exactly the same thing that happened to other Atari games over and over again, but yet for some reason some of you still have faith?? Why?

Why keep giving support to a company that gives so little ****s about you that they are ignoring you??

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    Is that why they are ignoring the community including their very own forums?? Is that why all the recent patches has been nothing but easy filler stuff like assets?? Is that why there is no activity on their internal dev build, except for a few days before another filler patch with assets?

Everything points towards them having quit working on the game quite a while ago. There is no way they can have more than one person working on it anymore. This is exactly the same thing that happened to other Atari games over and over again, but yet for some reason some of you still have faith?? Why?

Why keep giving support to a company that gives so little ****s about you that they are ignoring you??
    I won't start this controversy again, but there's no use in giving up if you still want the game to succeed, simple as that. If you really believe the developers have abandoned it, there's no reason for you to remain active on this forum.

Junior Enthusiast
    The only reason I am here now is because I want them to tell the truth instead of continuing to mislead people like yourself.

Some people do no research into a product and simply buy it based on recognition of the name. But little do they know the new product shares nothing in common with what they thought and it's actually a disgrace to the original product. So people like boxman need to be around to inform and warn people of the embarrassment of a sequel that is RCTW.

Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    The only reason I am here now is because I want them to tell the truth instead of continuing to mislead people like yourself.
    +1

Users have tried many times, posted large quantities of feedback, suggestions and ideas and have reported numerous issues regarding RCTw. Fact is that a lot of those issues still haven't been fixed. For over a year since the first reports.

RCTw looks like it has reached the end of the development line in my opinion. Maybe we'll see some more updates with some assets, but based on all of the facts that are evident, including the misinformation and lies communicated by Atari, it sure looks like the end of the line in my opinion.

We haven't heard of the community management lately. We haven't heard of any support employee except some requests to send PM's (which pulls the discussion about issues away from public view). The signs are clear: development of RCTw has, or soon will come to an end in my opinion.

It's a shame that Atari let the community down. A real shame that Atari lied to us about RCTw. There was a time, some years ago, when everything looked bright for a new instalment of the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise. There was a lot of positivity back then, and many members of the community were really looking forward to a new RCT for PC. Too bad that it had to go this way. It makes me sad, because I wished RCTw to be a great game.

That is also why I keep visiting this forum. I care about the RCT franchise and I want other players to be aware of the facts regarding RCTw. Should they want to buy the game, then they must know the truth about RCTw so that they can make a well informed decision. That is my humble opinion.

Atari messed up almost everything that was possible to mess up regarding RCTw. Too bad. Really, really too bad. If only they did things right from the start.

A passionate fan of the RCT franchise.
    Last edited by JoŽlNL; 03-23-2017 at 06:59 PM. Reason: Spelling + additions

Quote Originally Posted by Elessar_Luzente View Post
    Hahaha that's a good joke.

Ahum... http://steamcharts.com/app/282560

At this moment 32 people are playing right now. In the evening it goes a little up but it's nothing. make your own conclusion. I'm about to leave this place and will go to the other side.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast