Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's going on??

Quote Originally Posted by ChipmunkAtariCS View Post
    We apologize about the money situation
    be0.jpgAaand its gone!

Atari Customer Support ChipmunkAtariCS's Avatar
    Hello !

Regarding any price difference please do check the price listing on the game store page so you can read up on the extra content other versions have which results in an extra fee or an increase in price.

Thank you for your question!

-Atari Support.

So what is the status of RCTW? Are you currently developing the game etc or has Atari abandoned yet another game on its list.It has been a long time since an update. I wish Atari would incorporate the fixes the players have found and go forward with the other content they said they would do. Please don't let these haters on this group dictate for the rest of us what you and I know this game could be. Prove them wrong and get inspired in finishing what you started. The reason most are bitter is you started the game but have not finished. We all want the game finished as it could be and have more content that was supposed to be there but you needed time to develop. I wish for a finished game that I have paid for and if no further development is being made I want my money back I paid as I am not getting what I paid for at this point.

Don’t you realize that this is it? Rctw is finished. Go and play other games or enjoy what is there. It’s not going to happen.

EDIT: Well, you MAY be in luck... A few days after this post, there is a new team taking over RCTW. I wouldn't keep your hopes high, though. We all know how well their last three development teams did..

(Please keep in mind this post was created before RCTW announced their new development team. Thanks!)

Quote Originally Posted by kensulu View Post
    So what is the status of RCTW? Are you currently developing the game etc or has Atari abandoned yet another game on its list.It has been a long time since an update.

The game has most likely been abandoned. While there has been no official confirmation (and probably never will be), we can evaluate the events of this year to predict the outcome, which is often correct. There has been no updates or sign of development since May. All of the updates this year were small assets and insignificant. Transport rides were promised to be released Early 2017, but never happened. Promotion for RCTW has halted and shifted to RCT Touch and RCT Classic. There are plans for a new RCT game with VR in 2018. RCTW isn't making money, so it seems pointless to invest any more money or development time on the game because it is a failure.

I wish Atari would incorporate the fixes the players have found and go forward with the other content they said they would do. Please don't let these haters on this group dictate for the rest of us what you and I know this game could be. Prove them wrong and get inspired in finishing what you started. The reason most are bitter is you started the game but have not finished.

What you wrote at the beginning of this sentence is one of the many reasons why people hate this game. We gave them feedback they didn't listen. They promised us features, they didn't deliver! The game being unfinished isn't the only reason why most people are bitter. The lack of communication and direction, broken promises, massive price drop so soon after release, bugs and unpolished mechanics, broken features, screwing over the Beta testers, are just a few examples. This game had potential a LONG time ago. Not anymore. Even Mattlab knew that, and he's left. You should know it by now, too.

We all want the game finished as it could be and have more content that was supposed to be there but you needed time to develop. I wish for a finished game that I have paid for and if no further development is being made I want my money back I paid as I am not getting what I paid for at this point.

This may sound harsh, but the time for wanting a refund is looooong gone. There were so many signs this game was going to be a disaster back before Early Access started. From the three changes of developers, the missed deadlines, the whole Early Access period, etc. You've had almost 2 years to decide whether this game was worth the money you spent. I've read many posts on Steam that people paid $60-70 for the game (which I assume you did too), and demanded refunds well after they exceeded the Steam refund policy. $60-70 is pretty expensive to invest in a game with little to no content shown, and an unknown developer at the time pre-orders opened. I paid $70 and refunded before Early Access, because the first Beta weekend wasn't great, and they cancelled the second Beta with no announcement. All I can say is you should be a little more responsible with your money. 70 bucks isn't something to throw around, despite the terrible way Atari handled this game.

EDIT: Also, they've had more than enough time to develop the game. Even if the game was finished, it wouldn't be any good. Nvizzio just don't have the talent or experience to handle a game of this magnitude. ROKH is a good example of this, as Nvizzio has been shafted from that.

EDIT Again: You can also add RCTW to that list, too!
    Last edited by Armageddon1x; 10-04-2017 at 03:35 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12