Thread: No synchronization between devices

No synchronization between devices

So I bought a new phone, logged into play store with my account, downloaded RCT Classic on the Play Store and launched it.
    IAP were instantaneously recognized, but my progression wasn't.

I don't want to start all over, how can I get back my progression? Isn't it supposed to automatically sync across devices on the same account?

Hey Samoth, first thing double check you have synch set to 'on' on both devices and that they have active internet connections (I know you've probably already done this)
    Same thing happened to me not kong after release and the Origin8 guys helped me to get it sorted quite quickly. Remember they are based in UK so probably wont get back to you until tomorrow.

Sync is activated by default and I didn't touch that option. I launched the app many times on my 1st phone while connected to the internet.
    With my new phone, the option is checked and I'm connected to the internet.

Anyway, thanks for your help!

Edit: False alarm: I was in fact registered in Google Play Games with the wrong account. I set it right and I got my progression back!
    Last edited by Samoth; 02-24-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Newcomer
    Hello! I realize this is an old thread, but I am experiencing the same issue as Samoth.

I am registered with the same account in the Google Play Games app on both my old and new phone. I see my IAP but not my old progression data.

On both phones when I open RCT classic it asks me to create a Google Plus profile and i click out of that prompt. Then it asks me to choose an account for Google Play Games and when I click on my account, it again prompts me to create a Google Plus profile.

Is it necessary to create a Google Plus profile for cloud sync to work?

Thank you!

Edit: Once I signed into Google Plus on both devices I fixed the issue. Progress is now synced. (Until doing so, RCT Classic would not appear in Settings -> Google --> Apps Connected.) Thank you for making a great game!
    Last edited by tycoon104; 07-21-2017 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Problem fixed