Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Where Are You UGC Creators?

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker86 View Post
    hahaha nice one faceless, don't think you'll manage to make it to Montreal from here with it though
    You're right. I will get working on my wrist action right away. lol

Ive been very quiet on this forum of late, faceless you may not even know of me from this forum alone but judge my rctw activity from my post count and name in the game credits not how many posts you have seen from me.

RCTW UGC was a major interest for me.
    i spent a lot of time working on the extremely in-depth UGC guide for the EA launch and added a couple of animated assets to the workshop with the intention of adding many more.
    Then the game released and i got a whole bunch of steam friend requests only for the ppl to just say "why doesnt this work" or "how do i add this UGC?" or something similar, same on the comments on my UGC. for every 1 positive message i received there was at least 2 others asking why it doesnt work, the answer to those questions was the same in almost every case, bugs.

All the while i also had problems with UGC on my end with some not uploading, not downloading, missing textures, missing icons, dupelication, inabilty to remove cleanly and of course CTD as well as some others. not to mention the jumble of the game ui and the workshop itself.
    ALL of these issues i passed on as soon as encountered, along with improvement suggestions like ui, add audio and triggers to name just a few of a long list.
    Some of these issues were fixed but also a lot of bugs, annoyances and limitations remained and the whole situation led me to a position of... im not going to waste my time making things that dont have the functionality i want until they can have that functionality and be featured in a game that i can enjoy playing for long periods of time. neither of these are true imo at the time of writing this.
    It takes many hours to make a decent asset so i expect same amount of enjoyable gameplay in return.

As sad as it may be, ive given up on it, starting to feel like a lost cause as its around a year on and UGC system has had very little done to it either from a creator or consumer point of view
    so much for being RCTWs killer app, UGC turned out to be another flop
    Last edited by shirty; 02-06-2017 at 08:19 PM.

i know this post is a couple weeks old but i dont come in as much anymore, but wanted to say that i havnt added anything for a while because i too got frustrated ,because i like to test anything before i upload, and the way i have to do it was i had to disable any ugc in order to add ugc to test and most of the time stuff i disabled would still show up in game,everytime i booted up the game id have to go thru the process over again in disabling everything all over again and with over 400 items it gets annoying.I even removed items from the folders and stuff would still show up in game and it got too the point i couldnt add anything to even test.Between myself and what osudenny sent me, i have tons of models that could be added and look good in game but to work on stuff then have to take 1/2 or more to disable everything over and over again just to test any works is just toooo much or if it dont show up to test just makes the frustration even more

Junior Enthusiast
    Seems like another issue Atari is never planning to deal with considering the lack of response from Atari/community managers...
    All they seem to do these days is release a few assets that they probably bought from some unity asset store.

Quote Originally Posted by DonSPa View Post
    i know this post is a couple weeks old but i dont come in as much anymore, but wanted to say that i havnt added anything for a while because i too got frustrated ,because i like to test anything before i upload, and the way i have to do it was i had to disable any ugc in order to add ugc to test and most of the time stuff i disabled would still show up in game,everytime i booted up the game id have to go thru the process over again in disabling everything all over again and with over 400 items it gets annoying.I even removed items from the folders and stuff would still show up in game and it got too the point i couldnt add anything to even test.Between myself and what osudenny sent me, i have tons of models that could be added and look good in game but to work on stuff then have to take 1/2 or more to disable everything over and over again just to test any works is just toooo much or if it dont show up to test just makes the frustration even more
    I found with UGC stuff you need to do more than just disable the asset. It downloads it onto your game files on your PC. If you find the game app folder there is a folder within it which has any old or current UGC stuff. If you delete it then you can start all over again. Which is like you said it can be very frustrating to sort the UGC stuff and frankly I can't provide much help regarding your particular issue. Talk to Death_Tome or Maj. Herb Head as they know abit more about the UGC side of things. They have probably got a solution to your issue.

Have you tried to contact any of the dev team directly?

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyPanda View Post
    Yeah, so this was and is the main issue for me. At first the UGC process (My PC > Unity > RCTW) didn't felt polished and user-friendly. Some updates later it was totally broken for me and the Unity plugin didn't function at all for me. Tried to reinstall everything, got assistance and they tried to help me but that came to a dead-end. Spending hours trying to make things work is incredibly demotivating and that is the main reason why I just stopped one day.

Creating stuff is fun, but that takes a lot of time and effort. It's just too much when the routine to upload stuff is frustrating or it doesn't even work properly (very slow/crashes).
    ...the cool Gravitron facade that never came.

Quote Originally Posted by faceless252 View Post
    I found with UGC stuff you need to do more than just disable the asset. It downloads it onto your game files on your PC. If you find the game app folder there is a folder within it which has any old or current UGC stuff. If you delete it then you can start all over again. Which is like you said it can be very frustrating to sort the UGC stuff and frankly I can't provide much help regarding your particular issue. Talk to Death_Tome or Maj. Herb Head as they know abit more about the UGC side of things. They have probably got a solution to your issue.

Unfortunately just deleting from the folder doesnt work as your worshop content still syncs.
    Besr thing to do is go to the workshop and u subscribe from everything then delete from the folder which should work for getting rid of old stuff

Quote Originally Posted by faceless252 View Post

yeah they know of the problems,ive filed bug reports and showed pics etc even have problems of ugc showing more than once a whole list of things lol so the team is aware and have made notice of the problem,i cant remember who it was that said they made a ticket of the issue but its been a long time ago,ive deleted from the folder and some things ive deleted still show up,ohh btw im talking about ugc that ive uploaded not other peoples and so on the steam end there is no subscibed on my own stuff as beakers example
    Last edited by DonSPa; 02-25-2017 at 04:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12