Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Where Are You UGC Creators?

Where Are You UGC Creators?

In the early alpha I saw some great UGC pieces for the game which now could do with being turned into PxP packs.

I am not a 3D modeller but I can appreciate the hard work that goes into making such pieces. Can I ask those that have been creating UGC through the alpha that their scenery items start being made into packs for PxP?

I am desperate to see more PxP content in the game so we can all be more creative with our builds.

Maybe the Dev team could produce some more in the way of content with more shapes and components.

I am getting a bit limited by the box buildings.

Some of the UGC creators produced some amazing stuff back in the day and I would like to see that enthusiasm continuing.

I won't pretend to speak for any UGC creators, but it seems many started holding off waiting for fixes to the whole UGC system to be done.

Which still hasn't happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabigbear View Post
    I won't pretend to speak for any UGC creators, but it seems many started holding off waiting for fixes to the whole UGC system to be done.

I did notice an issue with it whereby you couldn't upload any new content. Some sort of error occurred. Has this been reported?

Numerous times

Junior Enthusiast
    I was able to upload PxP I created, but maybe uploading a pack causes an error?

Time is in short supply for me these days, but I'm still creating.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Wabigbear View Post

Waiting for fixes is exactly right. I have a folders of stuff that I'd like to put into RCTW (More foliage Packs, more/new wall and roof pieces, etc) but until the game is actually fixed and working as it should, I really don't see the point.

And again, your right. Because those fixes haven't come I'm not willing to spend hours upon hours to create and/or import UGC.

When (or if) RCTW gets up to the standards it should be, then I will spend some more time in Unity and get more PxP Packs sorted. But again, not until the fixes have actually come, there are just too many issue's at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by majherbhead View Post
    Waiting for fixes is exactly right. I have a folders of stuff that I'd like to put into RCTW (More foliage Packs, more/new wall and roof pieces, etc) but until the game is actually fixed and working as it should, I really don't see the point.

And again, your right. Because those fixes haven't come I'm not willing to spend hours upon hours to create and/or import UGC.

When (or if) RCTW gets up to the standards it should be, then I will spend some more time in Unity and get more PxP Packs sorted. But again, not until the fixes have actually come, there are just too many issue's at the moment.
    This explains a lot. I am in the same boat when it comes to wanting to do stuff and get creating. I can't until I know things have been fixed with the PxP.

It's great to see that we all have a passion for the game and the creativity but we are all stuck until we get these major fixes and then we will be flying.

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker86 View Post
    Numerous times
    I live on a council estate.... is there not a brick we can throw through their windows with a message on or something?

hahaha nice one faceless, don't think you'll manage to make it to Montreal from here with it though

I don't want come across as overly hostile on this, but there are a couple things that this game, even as problematic as it is, has that set it apart. The coaster editor is one, and the ability to add UGC is another. UGC used to be one of this games major selling points, it was hyped that way, and more than once was used as an excuse for any lack of scenery content in the game - that we'd have the ability to add what we want to the game ourselves, only limited by our imaginations.

I myself viewed this game with a lot more patience than perhaps I should of because I believed that once we got a stable game without many bugs, that we would be able to create what we wanted. I held off making my own UGC because I knew that fixes and upgrades were in the pipeline, and we'd already had some UGC that had texture problems after one of those upgrades. What little instruction out there came from the community, not from the developers. The UGC system itself is buggy, I found that I'd sometimes end up with duplicates and triplicates of some UGC I downloaded once, even after trying to delete them. Same with some things I downloaded and didn't want, they'd still be there clogging up the menu. We were told publicly that fixes would be forthcoming, and I know that they are aware of the many reported issues, but it's continued to sit in the background.

My personal opinion is that fixing UGC - along with continued fixes to the game engine - is one of the few ways to salvage this game. But sadly, based on this games recent history, I don't have much reason to think it will happen. UGC has become sort of the ugly red-haired step-child that would be left at the park and the step-parent wouldn't notice was missing until they'd driven all the way home...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast