Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36

Thread: New Addition to the Team!

  1. #1
    Atari Administrator Nookriot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    552

    New Addition to the Team!

    Afternoon Tycoon Fans!

    We are pleased to announce that we have some additional help here within our community. Please take a few minutes to welcome Peaches as our new volunteer moderator / assistant CM. She will be helping us out by engaging the community within a few different areas. She will be moderating and mediating posts & threads, answering questions and she will also be concocting some new creative initiatives across all RCT titles.

    In addition to that, as I have mentioned in the past, forum updates are coming (Stuff that has been on the plan for far too long now) including but not limited to forum maintenance, technical clean up, archiving and some new forum bells & whistles for all to enjoy! We will also be adding some more forums mods as well so stay tuned for those announcements coming #soon!

    But I digress...

    I will not steal Peaches thunder by going over her backstory in details, I will leave that for her to share with you all. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. Happy Monday!
    Community Manager - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

  2. #2
    Hello Everybody!

    I am SUPER SUPER excited to be here! Thanks to Nookriot for the intro and HI EVERYONE! Now for a little bit about me. I have always been a big fan of the original Sims and SimCity. After many years on those I found RCT2, which led to RCT3, then on to RCTW. What really drew me to these types of games was the creative freedom to build what I wanted, where I wanted, when I wanted it. I wasn't a HUGE fan of the simulation part of the game but I can see how someone could get happily lost in all that management!

    I am really hoping to bring to you all some creative inspiration through my full-parks as well as my PxP creations. I will be sharing them with you all! Below is a minor outline of things that I have already planned for the next two months. The idea is to get the creativity flowing and to keep these creations sweet and simple (Also note that these are just ideas for now and the dates are not in stone. The actual challenges may happen starting in March, just really wanted to get some good community thoughts on this.

    February (Valentine's Day Theme):
    Month Long Challenge - Create a Valentine'd Day themed park, using only the the starting park expansion given (1 square only).
    Week One Challenge - Create a small PxP Info Booth within the Valentine's Day Theme
    Week Two Challenge - Create a small PxP Bathroom within the Valentine's Day Theme
    Week Three Challenge - Create a small PxP Custom Building within the Valentine's Day Theme

    March (St. Patrick's Day Theme):
    Month Long Challenge - Create a St. Patrick's Day themed park using only two park expansions in total (2 squares only)
    Week One Challenge - Create a small PxP Burger Stand within the St. Patrick's Day Theme
    Week Two Challenge - Create a small PxP Balloon Stand within the St. Patrick's Day Theme
    Week Three Challenge - Create a small PxP Custom Building within the St. Patrick's Day Theme

    Submissions: All entries must be in the form of a workshop item and the links must be sent to me here in the form of a Private Message (PM). All final details to come in their own thread within Creative Discussion. These are just ideas I wanted to circulate within the community.

    Ok, enough. I will stop yammering, need something to talk about in other threads~! (Sorry in advance, just super excited!). Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you have and keep your eyes peeled to these threads. Polls are coming soon to see what everyone would like to see on future contests as well as other community ideas!


  3. #3
    Welcome to our corner of the internet Peaches.
    Like the ideas for creative challenges (hope we get assets to help with them )
    Looking forward to seeing how the community moves forward in the coming weeks

  4. #4
    Thanks Beaker86!

    Very exciting times and I am looking forward to all the fabulous ideas that this community comes up with!

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Hello Everybody!

    I am SUPER SUPER excited to be here! Thanks to Nookriot for the intro and HI EVERYONE! Now for a little bit about me. I have always been a big fan of the original Sims and SimCity. After many years on those I found RCT2, which led to RCT3, then on to RCTW. What really drew me to these types of games was the creative freedom to build what I wanted, where I wanted, when I wanted it. I wasn't a HUGE fan of the simulation part of the game but I can see how someone could get happily lost in all that management!

    I am really hoping to bring to you all some creative inspiration through my full-parks as well as my PxP creations. I will be sharing them with you all! Below is a minor outline of things that I have already planned for the next two months. The idea is to get the creativity flowing and to keep these creations sweet and simple (Also note that these are just ideas for now and the dates are not in stone. The actual challenges may happen starting in March, just really wanted to get some good community thoughts on this.

    February (Valentine's Day Theme):
    Month Long Challenge - Create a Valentine'd Day themed park, using only the the starting park expansion given (1 square only).
    Week One Challenge - Create a small PxP Info Booth within the Valentine's Day Theme
    Week Two Challenge - Create a small PxP Bathroom within the Valentine's Day Theme
    Week Three Challenge - Create a small PxP Custom Building within the Valentine's Day Theme

    March (St. Patrick's Day Theme):
    Month Long Challenge - Create a St. Patrick's Day themed park using only two park expansions in total (2 squares only)
    Week One Challenge - Create a small PxP Burger Stand within the St. Patrick's Day Theme
    Week Two Challenge - Create a small PxP Balloon Stand within the St. Patrick's Day Theme
    Week Three Challenge - Create a small PxP Custom Building within the St. Patrick's Day Theme

    Submissions: All entries must be in the form of a workshop item and the links must be sent to me here in the form of a Private Message (PM). All final details to come in their own thread within Creative Discussion. These are just ideas I wanted to circulate within the community.

    Ok, enough. I will stop yammering, need something to talk about in other threads~! (Sorry in advance, just super excited!). Feel free to send me a PM with any questions you have and keep your eyes peeled to these threads. Polls are coming soon to see what everyone would like to see on future contests as well as other community ideas!

    I really enjoyed the last challenge you set all through my game in January which was to try and use PxP without it crashing. I hope you will get this fixed before the event. Many thanks.

  6. #6
    Hiya Faceless252!

    The team is currently working on the next update. We will share the details once we have them.

    Thanks!

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Peaches View Post
    Hiya Faceless252!

    The team is currently working on the next update. We will share the details once we have them.

    Thanks!
    Thanks Peaches. It's been doing my head in for a while now with the PXP. I have posted loads on the forum about it. Beaker sent you over my list of issues but could really do with direct contact with you via steam if possible.

  8. #8
    Welcome on board Peaches!

    Hope to see more community iteration now that we have two community mannagers, not only by having more contests, but also answering people in the forums and steam

  9. #9
    Junior Enthusiast DanPlayer01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Posts
    671
    Awesome news, welcome to the community! I love the challenges.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by faceless252 View Post
    Thanks Peaches. It's been doing my head in for a while now with the PXP. I have posted loads on the forum about it. Beaker sent you over my list of issues but could really do with direct contact with you via steam if possible.
    Faceless, you can be sure that Nvizzio has seen your items as they continue to make improvements to the game. I am no technical wizard by any means but I will try to help where I can.

    Quote Originally Posted by DoctorPelusa View Post
    Welcome on board Peaches!

    Hope to see more community iteration now that we have two community mannagers, not only by having more contests, but also answering people in the forums and steam
    Thanks Doc! Is it ok to call you Doc? Definitely more answering on the way!

    Quote Originally Posted by DanPlayer01 View Post
    Awesome news, welcome to the community! I love the challenges.
    Thanks Dan! More challenges to come and I posted a poll over in creative for those that are interested!

    https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...ge-Ideas!-Poll

    Loving the warm welcome too! Thanks all!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RCT Team.....
    By Meltediron in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 05-25-2016, 09:31 AM
  2. Coaster Editor Addition
    By Vlaandy30 in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 11-06-2015, 01:21 PM
  3. Resorts for your peeps to stay at..,a possible addition?
    By Stipe1991 in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-17-2015, 05:57 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us