Thread: Refuse To Play This Game…

Refuse To Play This Game…

I know people of completed it, but I refuse to play this game until the Diamond Heights Scenario has been fixed. $300,000 is just way too high. I've tried over 5+ times and still can't get it done.

There is no need in a fix, i've completed it without even knowing that it was this "difficult" scenario many people complain about.
    Try to figure out what you do wrong, in first place spend as much money as you can for rides and maximize your profits(ticket prices), landscaping just if you need more space, when you dont make enough profits with some old coasters/attractions just erase them and build newer/better ones when you have more technologies.
    Pause the game whenever you can to plan your next action.
    But more important is maybe that you have to read how to play right and not just figure it out by trial and error

https://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/561157-r...-i-price-rides
    http://www.rctstationarchive.com/kno...finances.shtml
    http://www.rctstationarchive.com/kno...se/index.shtml
    Last edited by 19_09; 01-21-2017 at 06:03 PM.

Thing is though, if you're looking at the original game (Rollercoaster Tycoon 1) and saying that $300,000 is too high, you should keep in mind that the original game calculated Park Value differently from Rollercoaster Tycoon 2 (which RCT Classic is based on).

Also, you start, percentage-wise, same distance from your goal. In RCT1, you started with a park value of $13,500 and needed to get to $20,000. That's roughly 66% of the way there. In RCTC, you start at $185,000 and need to get to $300,000. That's 62% of the way there. It is a small difference, but not too much.

Also, contrast Diamond Height's goal with that of Gravity Gardens ($500,000). Granted, Gravity Gardens is a challenging scenario deep in Ivory Group, but it also has a lot of difficult restrictions (coasters only, pay for admission only park).

If you're really having difficulty, you can try what I did. Focus on money making coasters (look online for shuttle loop coaster designs if you need some advice on those) for the first two years or so. Once you are in the last year (or maybe a bit more to be safe), then you should start building like crazy. You can also rebuild all of your flat rides, as rides depreciate in value over time.

I tried completing Diamond Heights Diamond Heights when I first started playing and definately was sympathetic to all the posts about it was too hard, etc.. However I then went on and beat many other scenarios to return to DH when it was the only one left in the group, and I beat it quite easily ending up with a park value around $400k. it is definately a not so easy scenario, but once folks get the hang of the game it is not so bad.

The trick is to get rid of the lake. Flatten the terrain so that you have lots of space to build premade coaster and flatrides. It's not so hard.