Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So have you abandoned this game or not??

Junior Enthusiast

So have you abandoned this game or not??

It has been nearly a month now without even a update to your internal steam build, which makes me wonder if you have abandoned it completely??
    Can you at the very least be honest to your community and tell us whether this is the case or not?

Great question boxman! Hoping that everyone has enjoyed the holidays!

We are still working on the game. We will have more details to share shortly.

Newcomer
    Don't you mean #soon?

Quote Originally Posted by BetterOff View Post
    Don't you mean #soon?
    Lol. Never gonna get old

Just to let everyone know SteamDB lists versions of the game as being updated 35 minutes ago. AtariTest, production, and beta were all updated today. Possibly an update will be coming within the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by CommunityAdmin View Post
    We are still working on the game. We will have more details to share shortly.
    We are still working on the game.
    We are still working on the game.
    To "still" be working on it implies you were bothered with it in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by jackandylan123 View Post
    To "still" be working on it implies you were bothered with it in the first place.
    Oops they did it again! :P

Newcomer
    I mean, they said there would be an update, and they said they were still working on it.
    I'm sure they don't want to lose any little respect they have left by lying again

Quote Originally Posted by Aaronroberts View Post
    I mean, they said there would be an update, and they said they were still working on it.
    I'm sure they don't want to lose any little respect they have left by lying again
    I honestly don't think they care. They have updated the RCT classic app twice in the past month or two but haven't said a word about the status of RCTW. Atari is gonna shift and focus on what's making them money and clearly this game isn't it.

Players like nostalgia. The classic "feel" and look of the original.

When 2/3rds of RCTW dropped those aesthetics and gameplay mechanics in favor of a new take on the game it also alienated 2/3rds of it's player base. Players are flocking to Classic because it's loved by casual gamers and diehard fans alike.

Had RCTW and Atari stuck to what fans like about the franchise instead of "reinventing the wheel" the numbers for RCTW would be much better. From a business standpoint, It makes sense to reintroduce RCT (as Classic TM) but at the same time THEY know they should continue to fix RCTW to not only add more of the classic attributes fans cling to but to also fix bugs and win back those players.

I don't think they've given up just yet. They know the screwed up on certain things especially in underestimating it's fans desires and feedback.

Progress IS still being made.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast