Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are You Going to Say Anything????

Are You Going to Say Anything????

The complete silence from Atari is stunning. Not one comment on this entire lawsuit. Say something, anything at all. If you have any hope of getting out of this you need to say something because the longer you are quiet the more guilty you look. Guilty of ripping off Frontier, guilty of abandoning this game, and most importantly guilty of abandoning your customers, the only source of income you have.

Newcomer
    The moderators have probably been told to keep quiet about the lawsuit and to / or remove any posts related.
    Personally, I hope frontier drag them through the mud.

Newcomer
    Uhhhh...they don't need to say anything about the lawsuit. It has nothing to do with you, or anyone here.

But doesn't it? Let's go with what we know and say that Atari has been taking funds from RCT3. This means they will have to pay $2 million to frontier. Maybe even more. Now Atari is on the edge of bankruptcy (again). How exactly are they going to be able to continue to support RCTW or any other incomplete game they have out? This does affect us as fans and customers.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennium_Force View Post
    But doesn't it? Let's go with what we know and say that Atari has been taking funds from RCT3. This means they will have to pay $2 million to frontier. Maybe even more. Now Atari is on the edge of bankruptcy (again). How exactly are they going to be able to continue to support RCTW or any other incomplete game they have out? This does affect us as fans and customers.
    Who said they "will have to pay"? It's not settled yet.
    What should they say?

I was sued by my former employer for $150,000 for allegedly stealing customers when I opened my own business.
    It cost me $25,000 in lawyers fees, it went on for over a year, and we settled on $3000, of which I only ended up paying him $1,500.

So, you are making tons of assumptions, and, still, Atari doesn't need to concern you in this matter.

Companies never comment on ongoing lawsuits per the direction of their attorneys. Anything they say can and will be used against them in a court of law. Usually, the most used line is how they do not comment on litigation and they are investigating the matter. Their employees and vendors are not permitted to speak, either.

To be fair... even Frontier don't said very much to it. Just what is the topic and that is real (It's damn real ^^).

I know they can't give us any information, but they should at least acknowledge that this lawsuit is a thing that is happenning. Unless of course they are in complete denial of any wrongdoing.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennium_Force View Post
    I know they can't give us any information, but they should at least acknowledge that this lawsuit is a thing that is happenning. Unless of course they are in complete denial of any wrongdoing.
    It's already public knowledge!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG!

Of course they are going to deny wrong doing!!!!
    That's how this works!!!!

Why does everyone here keep trying to get blood from a stone???

Junior Enthusiast
    They should indeed speak up when it comes to questions about the game, but when it comes to lawsuit you cannot really expect to hear much as no company would ever comment on such legal matters other than maybe confirming it is happening.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast