Thread: Spiral Coaster Lift Hill Bug

Spiral Coaster Lift Hill Bug

Hi there,

Whenever building a custom spiral coaster the lift hill segments do not work; station platforms will initially push the coaster part way up the track but it inevitably falls back into the station.

I'm using version 1.0.3.1701030 from the Android Play Store

Do you have a fix in the works?

I am also having the same bug. Tested it out further using the coaster in the Diamond Heights scenario. It seems only the first piece of the lift hill is affected when laid by you. The coaster initially works fine but if you delete and replace the first segment of the lift hill, the game treats it like a regular hill without the lift. When leaving the initial segment and replacing subsequent segments, the lift hill works just fine.

screenshot_20170106_04_37_44.jpg
    Most interesting. You can also delete the initial segment to break the lift hill and then fix it by deleting the part that you built and rebuilding it from the other end. (backwards) Also, you can "continue" the lift hill with straight "lift hill" track when continuing from the existing lift hill. Only with pre-existing or tracks built from a blueprint.

Newcomer

Also getting this issue

I am getting the same results with the premade spiral coaster in diamond heights, where deleting and replacing a piece forwards breaks it whereas rebuilding it backwards fixes it. But if i make a spiral coaster from scratch nothing i do seems to make it work

Assuming you're doing this on Android, please get the latest version 1.0.7.1701130 as this will resolve it.
    If you're on iOS, you'll have to wait a little bit longer until it's approved by Apple.

Newcomer
    Thank you for the quick reply and for making such a faithful port of RCT1&2! The fix works perfectly.