Thread: Scenario Diamond Heights £300,000?!?!?!

Scenario Diamond Heights £300,000?!?!?!

In the original game this scenarios objective for Diamond Heights was

Park value
    : £20,000; Date: October 31, Year 3.

Now in Roller Coaster Tycoon Classic the SAME scenario

Park value: £300,000; Date: October 31, Year 3.

This is not the same as the original game and is very hard for what is supposed to be the 3rd scenario in the game...

can you please fix this?

Here's a screenshot to show you

https://s27.postimg.org/skca1yxur/IMG_0049.png
    Last edited by Live-or-die; 01-03-2017 at 05:58 PM.

You're correct in that the original was £20,000 in RCT1 but the park value calculation is very different hence all the objectives involving park values have since been scaled up.

It is a tough scenario compared to others in the early groups but if you aggressively build as many rides as possible you can get the required park value at the end of year 3. One suggestion is to build mostly pre-designed rides - so it doesn't even need good coaster-building expertise to complete it.

Hope that helps.

Tried that several times and still fails

Try to edit the terrain to have more place for rides. I suceeded with 307.000 $ but there wasn't any place left in the park

Hi. If it's not too late, I have a couple ideas that might help.
    1. Watch your guests and make sure they're very happy. If you neglect them while building, things go downhill rapidly
    2. By the middle of year one, no one likes "doppelgänger." Demolish it and build something else there. You'll have to adjust the paths a bit, too
    3. Provide lots of benches and park niceties. This will add a bit of value and keep guests happy.
    4. Hire LOTS handymen, security, and mechanics. LOTS!!!
    5. Save every time you think the park is going well, and exit without saving if your rating is going down, guests are getting lost, etc.
    6. When you first open a ride, the park value goes up a bunch, but then starts declining. If you are getting close to 300,000 in June or July of year 3, build a couple things, set them up, but DONT OPEN them. Keep building and improving. Near the end of September, or right when October hits, open the things you've been waiting on. This should give you a good boost. The higher value of these rides, the better this will work...like make them coasters....
    7. By the same reasoning as #6, try to add as many coasters as you can, especially one or two expensive ones. If you knock down the land in the back you'll have a lot of room.

My park ark is pretty full, but it's not jammed like others are saying

good luck!

Good tips, I did it all but destroying one of the pre-existing coasters.

I just beat "Katie's dreamland". Another scenario in the same category (so it's supposed to be the same difficulty), with an 200.000 $ objective. It was way easier. So I think I can objectively say that Diamond Heights is unbalanced, way too difficult for its category

Gotta say that this park is the hardest of the "easy" ones. I tried first but failed. At least I saved around July Year 3 and I was able to repeat the scenario from that point. My advise is to destroy and rebuild the rides that don't need work (slides, merry rounds and stuff) so that it increases the park value and build KARTS and DIFFERENT types of coaster as well as boats. Try not to repeat any kind of ride. There's a post in a webpage which is very interesting, it talks about coding of the game and it is pretty clear and useful. Google it by typing "park value increase roller coaster tycoon". Hope it helps.

BTW, I passed it not even using the water in the center to build onto it. The thing that amazes me is that it used to be a park value of 20,000 in the original RCT. That might be WAY TOO easy.