Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Is this forum dead?

Quote Originally Posted by loquacious706 View Post
    Abbittibbi, you should probably check out this latest interview with Nvizzio and reconsider if they still deserve your support. https://www.n3rdabl3.co.uk/2016/12/1...lanet-coaster/

Nvizzio called this a community of trolls for being dissatisfied with a sub-par game.

Nvizzio claims to have "never played Planet Coaster" (which I believe is a lie). That's just inexplicably moronic. What kind of business doesn't familiarize themselves with the competition? One that doesn't care.

Nvizzio has yet to acknowledge that they failed you with lazy graphics, impossible animations, and no community feedback. Instead they blame the fans and insist that they released a great game.

RCTW won't get any better because Nvizzio doesn't believe it can.

I don't know why you wouldn't get into Planet Coaster. That's a team that deserves your money and wants to hear you. Nvizzio does not.
    I don't disagree with you overall loquacious, but I have to point out that it wasn't Nvizzio that brought up 'troll's or said that they had never played Planet Coaster, that was rather COO of Atari Todd Shallbetter who said those things.

The article is a little confusing, but the first two paragraphs of quotes are from the head of Nvizzio:

“Nvizzio comes from Funcom Games, Canada. At the end of 2014 I acquired the teams and the assets of Funcom Games, Canada, which was the development studio of Funcom here in Montreal,” said Founder and CEO of Nvizzio, Yves Legris. “Those guys had been working not only on mobile titles but also they worked on Age of Conan, they worked on the Secret World, so essentially we had a team that was very multidisciplinary, having worked on MMOs on PC, and also having this strong experience with Unity both on mobile and on PC.

“So when we met with Atari and the beloved IP was being thrust our way, there was a lot of excitement in the studio, everyone was very happy. We also understood that there would be a significant challenge which we decided to embrace with Atari. We knew it would be specifically challenging because we had to take over the previous work that had been done by other developers, but I would say that the team was very excited and our relationship with Atari was very, very strong.”
    The rest is all Shallbetter...

You can blame Nvizzio for some of their design work, but I strongly suspect they were under Atari's directions as to how much time or money was given to things like animations and graphics. As I said, I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out who it was that actually made those comments...

Quote Originally Posted by loquacious706 View Post
    RCTW won't get any better because Nvizzio doesn't believe it can.
    Perhaps they don't believe it can, because they know that THEY not can.

The Interview was mostly Shalbetter (this name is nearly a little ironic...) but it was not only Atari that made much promisis over the last year. It was Nvizzio too. And many of them were promised before the second release as "Full Game". They lied. Both. Atari and Nvizzio.
    I did trust them, got fooled because I trust them and when I complain about beeing fooled because I trust the lies of them, I'm a troll.

Merry X-Mas

I don't lay blame (or at least not much blame) on Nvizzio. They were most likely acting under the direction of Atari. Even in my own job, it is grounds for immediate termination if I go on social media or message boards and say anything negative at all about them. I can't even respond to a negative comment someone else makes. Nvizzio was probably silenced by the contract signed with Atari.

As with anything purchased, caveat emptor. I still play RCTW occasionally. I look at it and the other game as two entirely different species. And other than RCT Classic on Mobile, I will never purchase anything from Atari again.

But mention, it was Nvizzio's choice to work that way. I think they read there contract before and Ataris last years past was not unknown I think. It was the choice of Atari to play this cheated game. But it was the choice of Nvizzio to support it. It is all a question of money I think. And that's whats took the soul out of the RCT Franchise.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Sanguis View Post
    And that's whats took the soul out of the RCT Franchise.
    Thanks to all for reading or answering, as for what Sanguis just said above: facts prove the soul of RCT was out before this game was being develloped, based on long term experience on RCT3 forum, and the long blackout between now and then... The park tycoon community in general was already shattered, and Planet Coaster helped finish it up. The hate campaign created an impossible US AND THEM situation, creating more division among fans of the same stuff(attraction parks and coasters).

I tought that going so close to bankruptcy, Atari's culture would change and we could have had an amazing RCT franchise sequel. I even called it a miracle as I really tought fan's input and feedback would make it's way in the conception and production studio. I was wrong, and not ashame of admitting it now.

Back to RCTW quality, it's not that bad, not at all. It's just very incomplete at this point in time, and surely not all of what we tycoon wanted, but it's very functionnal and fun to play, suit all ages and has no violence in it(except for all the hate and bashing). My clear understanding is that the bad apple in the RCTW basket is really Atari, it was always them, who gave impossible contract to NVIZZIO, and they would sign for the first big title, so they had to take it. They also promised thing that they could not deliver. Same happened to Frontier back then as I clearly remember it, and would explain one of the reason they did not make RCTW, the bad contract condition with RCT title owner.

Most NVIZZIO employees DO PLAY RCT franchise and of course, RCTW. I have this information from first hand, as I asked this question myself to them. They have put ton of energy and all things considered, did the best possible job in the best impossible conditions they we're thrown in. Yes also to the fact they could not speak in public about RCTW, not even to defend it. Atari has done wrong and now damage control is blowing back at them, not working.

As for Atari: how much more of a proof do we fans need than executive producer Mattlab(Matthew Labonka) quiting the project, or rather quiting Atari, less than six month before release?

In the end, it's just a question of money, all is...

Who has the money has the power, and that is us customers. We fans should organise and strike back at Atari so hard where I think, they won't have a choice to come clean and provide this franchise all the love and heart it deserve, while making sure they fill OUR NEEDS about making a quality product we enjoy and share. Hate is useless. Don't they understand the client is king?

The elephant is in the room, they just choose to ignore it's here.

As for what Wabigbear said above:

Quote Originally Posted by Wabigbear View Post
    You can blame Nvizzio for some of their design work, but I strongly suspect they were under Atari's directions as to how much time or money was given to things like animations and graphics. As I said, I'm not disagreeing with you, just pointing out who it was that actually made those comments...
    The only possible logical deduction at this point is that NVIZZIO have many quality content designers, concept artists and 3D animators, but It's still to be known how many software engineer they have. The people who write codes and make the link between the 3D visual interface and the mathematical background we never see. The magician behind the curtain.

Certain thing for me now: I feel like I've just lost the first love of my life, so I'm just going to leave you all, to go in a dark room, sit in the corner and cry with my eyes close and my hand over my ears. The World hates me and I'm worthless.

Nah! Don't listen to my dark sarcasm. But I'll say this: please make RCTW great. I am sure NVIZZIO can do that, when they are let free.
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 12-27-2016 at 10:55 AM.

Newcomer
    No. You can't place any blame on a competing game, and then follow with the actual reason why RCTW failed.
    RCTW failed on it's own merit. The community turned on RCTW, BECAUSE of RCTW, it's development, and lies. Period.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by BetterOff View Post
    No. You can't place any blame on a competing game, and then follow with the actual reason why RCTW failed.
    RCTW failed on it's own merit. The community turned on RCTW, BECAUSE of RCTW, it's development, and lies. Period.
    Exactly.

If frontier hadn't made Planet Coaster, people would still be asking why the ride animations in world are worse than RCT3, or why the guests act the way they do, or question the poor design choices, the scaling issues, why guests stand 10 feet away from a shop when getting food etc etc

Exactly, Aaron. I am slowly wending my way through the "stories". They're kinda boring and the Influencers are ridiculous. The VIPeeps in RCT3 were much more amusing and difficult to please. And the in-game purchases of items with Tycoon coins or whatever they are called is rather juvenile. I still play, but not for the hours upon hours I invested in RCT3.

Passive Peep
    This conversation is getting interesting, thanks for your contribution.

Quote Originally Posted by BetterOff View Post
    No. You can't place any blame on a competing game(...)
    Just a little clarity: I'm not pointing any blame at Frontier and it's software. It's only that the effective creation and edition of PC has finished shatering this fine community of players with a long past history over a game they created(RCT3) and that we all loved. Again, I raise my hat to them for all they have provided to me, resumed as over 2000 hours of memories and great fun.

It's not a fault or error, or anything alike, only a fact, over which there is no one to blame. The fact that Atari screwed up is relevant of this factor and is the cause for it all. All they had to do, is deliver a quality RCT product.

Yes, I would not wish to have this community of players, which I feel part of, to turn on me. I would not like to be Atari right now. As all of you guys and girls are very intelligent and ask for the best possible thing with mind, heart and soul into it. Unless I'm very wrong, which is possible.

There is no try to shift blame on someone else but the one who deserves it. It's out of question about accepting this at all, and this is why I can still defend this RCT franchise and it's real creator: NVIZZIO. They did best they could given circumstances.

Let's face it, it broken my heart, but it was way back then, when I understood how much they(Atari) let us down. It was clear to me, years ago, that Frontier would never be contractor to a sequel for RCT, as it was all the experience from it was also lost for the name. Glad for them they took it to another level, showing success. I always tought they kept an ace or two in their pocket, but that dosen't down NVIZZIO. Let us keep honest about facts, please.

All have a nice day.
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 12-27-2016 at 11:39 AM.

Fact is, that NVIZZIO could read the contract with Atari before thy signed it. If they did not, it's their fault.
    Fact is, that nobody point a weapon on
    NVIZZIO, so that they had no other choice.

If they signed it because of the money or the big name Atari, the Reactions show them the normal way, when playing with the BigPlayers and fail.
    In the moment they signed the contract they are responsable for the game as much as Atari. Every Choice we do is having a consequence. The consequence belongs to them who made wrong choices. Atari did and
    NVIZZIO did. That's life. The big question is, will they learn from this? I think Atari will not. They learned nothing from their fails in the last years. NVIZZIO? I don't know. I hope they do. It is in their hands to get a good image back in future. Not in the hands of Atari or this community. It's about their decisions.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast