Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Is this forum dead?

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by loquacious706 View Post
    That is almost exactly what the most popular YouTubers suffered while attempting to play this game...
    That figure isn't too far off....
    In that case maybe the bug causing the crashes is specific to players trying to create a video stream of it at the same time? That would explain why a youtuber's experience wasn't typical of the average player.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Inge Jones View Post
    In that case maybe the bug causing the crashes is specific to players trying to create a video stream of it at the same time? That would explain why a youtuber's experience wasn't typical of the average player.
    Streaming or not. Issue's with the game and it's performance is/was the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Duck1014 View Post
    Crashing 80% of the time means that out of 100 minutes of game time you crash 80 times. Unless something is severely wrong with your PC, that isn't going to happen.

My rif has 32 GB of ram, 4770k I7 CPU and a gx980 video card. A decent rig, but not spectacular.
    lol crashing 80% of the time means if you play it 10 times it crashes or locks during 8 of those games. Do they still teach maths in school today ?????, or if you want to be really clever you can say out of playing a 100 games 80 of them will crash (probably). you are a human and not a real duck please ? because if not that would explain things.

I know its a bad joke but we are the only people still here willing to waste time and effort posting on a bad joke.

We need a new poll on how things will be in 2017 for the community and development of RCTW, and what we expect to see and believe what will be delivered.

I hope for a straight path, nothing more.
    Last edited by Asgaurd; 12-30-2016 at 04:06 PM.

What amazes me is that the ONE person I thought would be all over this topic...is not...

Passive Peep
    Good day to you all, thank you for reply and following this topic. You all had me thinking real hard, this text started with intention to be short, FAILED!!!(edited count: 20 times)

Quote Originally Posted by Armageddon1x View Post
    Wait, is this 100 percent confirmed? This would explain why none of the developers have posted here, but it seems really silly they wouldn't be allowed to interact with the community, even just to say "thanks for the feedback" or "I'll look into this". Then again, wouldn't VanillePink have been silenced as well?
    It is 100% confirmed if my word is any good to you, as I was there in person to ask them the question, with no other proof to it that this. As for Vanillepink, best I know of, based from message on this forum public section from her, it's something else; as she was going about with her life, she left NVIZZIO after temporary contract expired, or something of that sort.

As for the fact that NVIZZIO employees have a non disclosure policy, this seems to be true for most(not all, but most) game developement process. Most companies(video game or not) don't allow public speaking for their employees anyways. This is a common buisness practice to avoid damage control later. There is no half measure possible in that matter.

It's sad to see we live in a World where EVERYTHING has been monetized. There is no trust, only cash.

My understanding is now that there was never any intention from Atari's part to manage anything about RCTW, but silence about it. Silence speaks much louder than word,as someone said before me. All they wanted was to get a little more farming off players, upon exploitation of a past love, strong memory or emotional link for many of us. They just throwed it in there with(wrong!) hope that we players are blind, deaf and dumb.

But then, we all knew better about it at this point, all of us who lived the blackout years after RCT3 soak and wild came out, understanding that the past is garantee of the future, with a replica coming back. It's already here as I don't even see Atari's forum manager or any moderators around, a new blackout is upon us.

Proof not only reside in the lack of forum moderation or management here, but also with lack of real marketing, without a real serious planning event calender and public follow up. They also did not listen to what the need of the customers are, what the community wants! The game was not presented anywhere serious in video game community or major events, not even given a real launch party, and not pushed properly by serious community fans building around it, autorised and in agreement with Atari. Some of the most serious players, long time followers, and core community contributors, have been silenced(I won't tell you how, one can figure or guess).

Asgaurd said:
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgaurd View Post
    We need a new poll on how things will be in 2017 for the community and development of RCTW, and what we expect to see and believe what will be delivered.

I hope for a straight path, nothing more.
    Here is my personnal poll. I have been thinking quite a lot about this entire RCTW production adventure. So, here is a serie of questions to myself(and to anyone who want to answer them) and my answers or toughts about it. I may be wrong, as all of my answers are open to debate, or with a different position for you, reading them. Please take note I don't use the word ''adventure'' for no reason, which I cannot explain, thank you.

-Is RCTW a good game?
    Yes it is, it has serious lack in some part of it, but the foundation is strong enough to correct the situation quickly, for minimal cost.
    -What is the most serious problem with RCTW?
    They did not listen to the fan community requests, even while pretending the opposite.
    -Why is there so much of a lack of community request content?
    Money, or rather future expansion pack(DLC) to be sold to players.
    -Would you buy DLC, or full expansion pack?
    Unfortunatly, yes, this is when they are going to push the lacking content, like underground, transports, recolorable rides, dark rides, water rides and the rest of it to us.
    -Was it a good idea to try compete with Frontier's Planet Coaster, and why?
    Worse, it could not have been!(read this one with Yoda's voice - -). Since they had all RCT3 experience and a strong past buisness experience with Atari as well.
    -Do you think Atari wanted RCTW to fail?
    No, but it seems like it's the only mathematical equation solution possible. They put in the least possible investment, hoping for the biggest return possible. In other words: trying to get the most possible milk out of the cow before she get to the slaughter house. It is a good short term buisness plan, especially for those who want to get out soon.
    -Are you still a RCT fan?
    Indeed, will always be, even disapointed.
    -Will you play RCTW in the future?
    Yes, with a grain of salt, size of the Pacific ocean.
    -What do you think of NVIZZIO?
    They did the best possible, given very hard position they are in, by free commercial contract choice/conditions. NVIZZIO is a nice buisness with good people, I'd really hate to see them go under. Honest wish of all the best for them, for long to come.
    -What do you think of Atari?
    (...)they know!!!
    -Have you been fooled?
    No, I knew better. Had past experience.
    -About RCTW production, back a year, given the chance, would you do anything different?
    No, did all I could, and then some. Any other way, for the past year, would not have been right to me.
    -Do you, or have you worked as paid employee for Atari, NVIZZIO or Frontier(for that matter)?
    No, but I do work for RCT, as very experienced tycoon, small part of the fan community.
    -What would save the RCT franchise?
    Atari's full release(or sell it to them) of the RCTW title to NVIZZIO, emergency publication of REAL COMMUNITY REQUESTED CONTENT about RCTW and lots of public apologies.
    -Do you have your blue RCTW t-shirts?
    I have 2 of them, wearing one now, and it has all production crew signature on them.
    -Any regrets about RCTW?
    No.
    -All included(forum time, all RCT franchise game time, mod making time, dedicated youtube and video making, thinking time, etc.) how much RCT game experience?
    2000+ hours in RCT3, above 900 hours for RCT1-2, and close to 1000 hours into RCTW-for all contribution(which include 2 hours for this actual post).
    -Anything else to say?
    Take a good look at the message POSTS counter in the left column, all about this long...

About what Buffpuff said:

Quote Originally Posted by Buffpuff View Post
    What amazes me is that the ONE person I thought would be all over this topic...is not...
    Maybe I should know, but sounds like I don't, so I will ask it: who would that be?

Thanks to all fans of this game, thank you indeed for reading me and understanding my position. Cheers to NVIZZIO, long live RCTW(with appropriate corrections). Special thanks to nookriot, you tried!

Have a wonderful and happy year 2017.
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 01-01-2017 at 11:03 AM. Reason: too many to list

Junior Enthusiast
    It is quite fun how many of us were called haters and trolls for suggesting that Atari would abandon this forum and their own community and yet this happened just like predicted.

http://www.pcgamesn.com/rollercoaste...vs-suing-atari

Atari will be soon by the looks of it...

https://steamdb.info/app/282560/graphs/

Could just be due to the holidays but the game hasn't been worked on in 2 weeks. Is this the end?

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Millennium_Force View Post
    http://www.pcgamesn.com/rollercoaste...vs-suing-atari

Atari will be soon by the looks of it...
    Link isn't working. Try this one.
    http://www.gamespot.com/articles/ata.../1100-6446579/

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345