Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ride type: Haunted Elevator

Ride type: Haunted Elevator

Of course, you all know I mean Tower of Terror. This ride type could be built with pre-made pieces that could overlay each other. For example, you could make your elevator go forwards, backwards, left, right, up, and down. Since the main feature of this ride type is the dropping and rising, you would be able to "program" the ride by laying new pieces over existing pieces with a specific direction. For example, your elevator could go backwards one piece, up 3, forward 4, then up 10. Then, you could make your ride go straight back down the same shaft you just came up, all the way back down 13 track pieces. Special track pieces could include a station, brakes, and elevator doors, giving peeps a view of the park before the drop. Elevator doors could act in the same way as holding brakes do on vertical drop coasters, in which you set a time to stop before moving to the next track piece. I hope you like my idea, because I'm tired of using drop towers in place of elevator shafts for my Tower of Terror rides.

So wouldn't this be a Whoa Belly with themeing around it? Would the programming be hard to do?

Has anyone done that for RCT3 as a CFR?

Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    So wouldn't this be a Whoa Belly with themeing around it? Would the programming be hard to do?
    Not exactly. It would be like Tower of Terror, at Disney parks, with an elevator-style cart with a shaft that it travels through. To "program" it, all you would need to do is overlap the "track" or "shaft" or whatever you want to call it, since this proposed ride type would support that. So say you build the shaft up 5 pieces, then straight back down 3 pieces, then back up 8 pieces, then down 10 pieces. What would happen is the elevator would go up 5 pieces, reverse direction and drop down 3 pieces, then reverse again and go up 8, then reverse once again and go all the way back down to the station. Or, if you just build straight up 10 then straight back down 10, the elevator would simply go up to pieces, then return to the station.

Wouldn't the programming be much easier to build the 10 tracks straight up. Then have a sequence editor where you choose 4 stops. 10, 3, 8, 4 and the elevator just goes to those sops at speed, and then pauses for a set amount of time.

Ohh, this sounds intriguing. Anyone else have additional ride ideas? I'll share with development team.
    -Dre

Maybe a double armed swinging ride like "Rush" from Thorpe Park? The arms swing up with peeps sitting on either side, it's a really fun ride! Here's a picture of the ride in action

maxresdefault.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Dre_Roberts View Post
    Ohh, this sounds intriguing. Anyone else have additional ride ideas? I'll share with development team.
    -Dre
    You all may have to go to California Adventure for research. Of course there are probably Youtubes of the Tower, but nothing beats the real thing, right?

I also understand that it is random, so if you ride it twice in a row, you would stop at different floors on the Whoa Belly, seeing different sequences. Thus you could theme the outside of such a ride, and theme the inside stops as well.

Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    You all may have to go to California Adventure for research. Of course there are probably Youtubes of the Tower, but nothing beats the real thing, right?

I also understand that it is random, so if you ride it twice in a row, you would stop at different floors on the Whoa Belly, seeing different sequences. Thus you could theme the outside of such a ride, and theme the inside stops as well.
    Curious, a bit like a different ride experience each time? I really really like this idea!

Huss Troika has not been made yet for any RCT game. would be awesome if added

Quote Originally Posted by BenVenn View Post
    Curious, a bit like a different ride experience each time? I really really like this idea!
    Star Tours has also been revamped. For years it was the same experience, and now it has become a ride with different branching and choices. Not an infinite number of course, but enough that Peeps would want to ride several times during a visit to the park.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast