Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Conical rooftop

Junior Enthusiast
    20161211123514_1.jpg
    left cone is with a normal map texture, the right one is without.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker86 View Post
    Not ordering them but if you manage that would be cool. I really need to find some time to learn 3D moddeling
    Is this in the direction what you meant?
    20161213212858_1.jpg20161213213123_1.jpg

they look awesome and totally the idea i was thinking

Junior Enthusiast
    I guess i have to start on making choices. At the moment I created a textured cylinder (as seen above). I can create a half wall cylinder to give more options. It will have a solid base so it is textured from both sides and not will 'vanish'.

Texturing the cylinder walls in the same 5 ways as I did with the rooftops is the idea. Perhaps add a sixth 'normal brick version'...or a plaster wall. To many options

I also am thinking of creating 3 different cone rooftop sizes to start with.

Ofcourse I will have to be certain all objects have the proper width and length.

Junior Enthusiast
    Created a half cylinder, so you can combine pieces.

20161214205934_1.jpg
    I made it this time with a glass-in-lead texture. Looks odd and nice

Junior Enthusiast
    My intention is to upload the round walls and conical rooftops this sunday to steam as a pack. I have yet to decide on the shapes of the cone, have not made up my mind yet. And the base of the cylinder is about 3 blocks. Any suggestion if that is a good starting point?

Passive Peep
    I know it's been a while since this was at the top of the forum, but rather than start a new one for spire/conical roof's (and Wall's) I thought it best to "add" to this thread. I too have been working on a PxP Pack for these sort of piece's in my spare time. This is what I have so far, 2 size's in the "tower" piece, with a separate quarter piece and 2 size's of Spire roof tops to match, also with separate quarter pieces. There are plenty more piece's to do but it's a start. As you can see in the screenshot, the smaller size fits to 1x1 PxP grid space and the larger, 2x2 grid space's. On a side note, I have also been experimenting with making an octagonal Tower with Spire roof, a bit more difficult but do-able so, watch this space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Junior Enthusiast
    That looks great Majherbhead! What program did you use to make them?

And yes, a reply in this post makes it clear i should finish my rooftop cones

Passive Peep
    Thanks. I'm using Blender to make my own piece's. Will take a month or two to get finished though. Due to move house in a couple of weeks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123