Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Coming Updates - Roadmap?

I agree with coastercrazy19. The only answe we have any hope of getting is "#soon" which is no longer a valid answer for a incomplete game that they claim is complete. We are never going to get a legitimate answer about anything from them. So lock this thread. Heck, lock every thread that is asking the question of what the plan is and if they will fix stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    And they have to do something, because otherwise this forum will die completely, or will be just a place for bitchfights of fans of rctw against haters & trolls, trolls against Atari & Nvizzio and somewhere between these groups guys and girls who give constuctive criticism.
    No,that is exactly what Atari wants. If the forums and Facebook go silent, Atari can just quietly forget about the game and move on hoping that no outrage will follow.

They've done the exact same thing with at least two games in the last couple years. Their strategy isn't new or a secret so it's sad to see people still around thinking that transport rides are suddenly going to appear in a couple weeks when there hasn't been development communication with the community in months. This was calculated.

Unless Atari want to prove us wrong somehow by actually providing the promised content, it's clear that they're trying to forget about RCTW and hope the community does too. Unfortunately for them, the fanbase hasn't allowed that.
    Last edited by loquacious706; 03-06-2017 at 01:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by coastercrazy19 View Post
    Ok fine, here's being on topic: We all know Nvizzio is never going to give us a roadmap or tell us what's going on. This was asked 3 months ago, they're never going to answer so just lock this pointless thread already instead of threatening to and threatening users with infractions.
    This question was asked many times before even 3 months ago. Throughout the entirety of development, Atari/Nvizzio has never given us a roadmap (at least an accurate one). The only time they sorta did was when EA was accounced, but that list of features (which is far from being finished) was just that, a list. It did not identify which items were priorities over others, in which order they would work on them, or time frames for completing them.

It's time for me to leave i think. PC is getting better and better. What they showed at PAX looks awesome as always. They deliver and communicate with the players. Bye bye!!

i might get in trouble for leaking this but i have the official roadmap for rctw throughout 2017
    i wouldnt be surprised if most of whats on it doesnt make it into each update though

https://goo.gl/wvYM2j

Last edited by shirty; 03-15-2017 at 08:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    i might get in trouble for leaking this but i have the official roadmap for rctw throughout 2017
    i wouldnt be surprised if most of whats on it doesnt make it into each update though

https://goo.gl/wvYM2j

Nice roadmap...

Seriously though, I don't expect any major improvements for RCTw. The largest part of the community is gone, and with them the once loyal fans and customers. It wouldn't be profitable to bring out any more major updates for RCTw. It's a real shame that it had to come this far.

At this point I'm just hoping for some serious bug fixes, tweaks to things like ride speeds and peep animations, and fixes to the UGC. Even that may well be expecting too much, but it would at least make the game usable for many people even if lacking in some areas.

It would be even nicer if we were given tools to alter the game ourselves and add what we want without having to deal with Atari at all, but that will never happen if they think they can squeeze a nickel out of the game still.

I am unsure how much longer this game will continue development for. I currently cannot find anyone who is working on the game at this time, many of the people listed in the credits have moved on to other games. Steven Lumpkin is now working on a new unannounced open world game with Nvizzio. I'm hoping they still have a team working on RCTW working on transport rides, dark rides, and other features, along with bug fixes. I will update here if I find anything, and better yet, if we get anything official.

UPDATE: Multiple Nvizzio employees still list their Linkedin profiles as still working on RCTW, and Steven started the new game in January, we have seen updates since then.
    Something interesting "Game Designer for multiple High Level concepts and research, pitches presentations, and live updates for RollerCoaster Tycoon World" Started this role in January.
    Last edited by DanPlayer01; 03-16-2017 at 03:48 PM.

Newcomer
    Nvizzio is a small company working on three games; RCTW, RCTTouch and Rohk. Rohk has had very little info and they haven't said a peep about it for months. It's just like RCTW, they barely talk about it. Except now Rohk is under a new dev name, "

For such a small team spread across 3 games and how little they've shown for RCTW, there's probably no more than 6 people working on it. All they do is add cosmetic additions with a few minor bug fixes. Their focus and attention is elsewhere, mostly RCT Touch.

Quote Originally Posted by DanPlayer01 View Post
    I am unsure how much longer this game will continue development for. I currently cannot find anyone who is working on the game at this time, many of the people listed in the credits have moved on to other games. Steven Lumpkin is now working on a new unannounced open world game with Nvizzio. I'm hoping they still have a team working on RCTW working on transport rides, dark rides, and other features, along with bug fixes. I will update here if I find anything, and better yet, if we get anything official.

UPDATE: Multiple Nvizzio employees still list their Linkedin profiles as still working on RCTW, and Steven started the new game in January, we have seen updates since then.
    Something interesting "Game Designer for multiple High Level concepts and research, pitches presentations, and live updates for RollerCoaster Tycoon World" Started this role in January.
    Perhaps those people need to update their Linkedin profiles. Personally I'm not counting on any major update any more. Atari / Nvizzio should have engaged with the community by know if they had any respect for us.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast