Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming Updates - Roadmap?

Seeing as no one at Atari cares to check the forums when they are not getting paid, it will likely disappear when they return to work tomorrow.

Passive Peep
    To the fan community, thank you for reading my open letter above, and thank you for directly supporting it. The text is saved for future use.

If my text reflect the general point of view, and you like it, you may want to do as MrBob and quote it all in block.

Besides, Atari ''knows'' me by face, name and complete adress, so if they attempt to shut me off for voicing the general opinion and truth, this only prove how dead center I am. Weather the text stay up or not, it's the truth, and it's all there is to it. Yet, if Atari shuts me up anyways, I'm just going to go voice elsewhere, and it would be worse to them then reading me speak(write) the right truth here, their controlled forum, with more ammo in my pockets handed by them. At this point, Atari should speak honestly with me and not try anything stupid such attempting against freedom of speech, especially when the speech inquestion consist of the truth. The only other option is to let me speak(and ignore the truth).

After all, this is Atari's forum, and they can do as they want with it, nothing we post here belong to us. And not even the game you got off steam is ours...

STEAM goes down, there goes all our games. Have you tried 45 days without internet to update STEAM? IT DOES NOT WORK, AND NO GAME DOES... Offline mode don't even launch STEAM's OS(which is total crap). The entire STEAM idea is crap on it's own.

This entire RCTW adventure shows the imminent danger, quite real, of STEAM formula, early access method, microdownload and retail boxless games.

We get incomplete or unfinished product, that most likely never get completes after release, unless it's a gushing cash machine, which are really rare cases now(there are not that many real great games). This mater is only going to be worse and worse, and it's spreading to consoles as well.

The entire virtual gaming industry is in very real peril, even if the cracks are not visible at the moment. I really tought this title could do better, in open collaborative and integrative way, with us fans included in idea sharing part of the game.

The reality for Atari is, it did the entire opposite, luring core players into NDA as well as developer studio, effectively shutting them all, cutting PR to it's max, making no efforts to build bridge between parties(production and customers) for clean demand and offer balance. On top, as bad joke, releasing the title at worse possible moment in the worse marketing campaign humanity never saw(there was none, so nothing to see). Game production shifted hands too many time to keep track of, with no clear path to it. To add insult to injury, with very unstable project managing team, executive producer changing at least once, if not more time than that. They did not listen to client's need, AT ALL. On top, attempting to shift the blame on who ever, instead of looking at their own failure to communicate with us. In fact, all of this proove to me Atari is outgamed and outdated, knowing nothing about videogames and players in this day and age.

Plus the buyers(customers, players, US) are really getting fooled on price manipulation. I paid near to 60 dollars for this title, knowing it was in EA, and a year later, appear as failure, almost half the price on release, cutted again a week later. The same week the price was at lowest, RCT3 beat RCTW sold licenses.

So as other, I guess I only come here to write and read, who cares about RCTW, as a enjoyable game, anymore?

I AM WRITING HERE FOR ATARI TO WAKE UP!!!

In the end, the only secret reason I return daily to the forums, is expecting some sort of miracle, and it clearly show's I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. For the rest, it's all open reasons as stated above and below: I am here for other PEOPLE, you reading this. Am I clear?
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 02-26-2017 at 07:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Abbittibbi View Post
    I would wish a good day to all of you, but that would be a lie, and I can't do this right(lying), so I will speak about reality and truth, even if I get hate for it, from Atari... (community and fans are not stupid). Thanks all for reading me and eventual replies.

Keep hope, appa-RANT-ly keeps one alive. I have wish and worked so hard for things not to fail about this title, that it's hard(near unbelivable) for me to REAL-ize I have thrown the towel and turning very sour about RCT. I used to love it so much, I pray this does not turn into hate, cause it will be amazingly huge amount of it from me, a hard core fan(or what's left of it - nothing!!!!). At this moment, I still stand on the very disapointed&crying line, but it's slippery icy-wet mirror surface slope.

NOTE TO ATARI: I'm no troll, remember me? You know my real name and face, from when I visited you(NVIZZIO). I feel like my best friend just died(figure of speech!). Will you try this road with me?

NOTE TO A NOTE FOR ATARI: I got a road map for you: DEAD END! (I sware it's on the list)

As for one, I know RCT and especially RCTW is dead, based on facts and cold numbers available on steamspy, reading this forum and going to streaming site(no one stream RCTW - PC even featured on twitch RCTW's channel was ultimate shame). Just last week: I took my personal 9 years old dedicated RCT franchise youtube channel down, along with avatar and signature on forum, that tells me all I need on it's own. Besides the previous list of done things, I have not launched the game since release day. Atari don't know how to make videogames and listen to fans. All we see now is damage control, and even this is very wrongly done. I don't like this at all, but understand it's real, sadly real.

SMALL NOTE TO ATARI:
    wrong way on a one way track...

Even if they bring transports, dark rides, fireworks, water rides and water slides, animals, special coaster track pieces, animatronics, underground building, custom flat rides, custom entrance/exit, custom costumes for entertainers, security employees, ghost trains for coaster builter, MICROMANAGEMENT for all rides/stalls, and everything that made RCT3 great, it's too late.

BIG NOTE TO ATARI: The core players are gone, disgusted of Atari's way of buisness and lies. I'm looking for the exit, but can't resolve myself of going out alone. Thanks to Atari for the push.

Even casual player now know how much this title is just a lure. All updates since release are just stupid and useless scenery(unanimated - the very easy content) holiday related items no one ever wished for along a few bug fixes(which bugs should have not made it to release anyways). This is not a garden building game, it's attraction park builder/managing game(just in case Atari did not figure that one out).

ONE MORE NOTE TO ATARI: GIVE US SOMETHING TO BE ATTRACTED TO...

But no, they are not capable of doing this, or much of anything else, for this mater. They are not even maintaining official web site properly, with news and annoncements date mid 2016. Even the lie of the best park simulator(this title is RCT3's) is still on it, BUT THEY ANNOUNCED RCT touch...

HISTORICAL NOTE TO ATARI: The art of war state that one often offer it's ennemy the ammunition to fire at him. Thanks for showing this lesson right, once again, a 3000+ years old art can't be wrong after all.

COPY FROM OFFICIAL SITE:

RollerCoaster Tycoon World™ is the newest installment in the legendary RCT franchise. This next-generation theme park simulation and building game includes fan-favorite features and incredible new advancements such as stunning 3D environments full of roller coaster thrills, exciting flat rides, eager guests, user-generated content, robust social features, and more – all in one massively fun game!

MATHEMATICAL NOTE TO ATARI: more people seems EAGER to play solitary or minesweeper than RCTW with peak number well below 150 players at a time.

This is not next gen, it's last gen, and IT DOES NOT INCLUDES FAN FAVORITE. Exciting flat rides are non existent, robust social is just a plain lie, as the game is far from fun....(note to Atari). USG has seen some fan contributions but nothing really major as most items in it consist of saved map and blueprints, of which most(ALL!) are useless to me, fan of full custom made by me park.

HERE COMES ANOTHER NOTE TO ATARI:
    STOP LYING!!!! I warned you several time not to play around with us....

Here are definition of legend(legendary):
    noun
    1. a nonhistorical or unverifiable story handed down by tradition from earlier times and popularly accepted as historical.
    2. the body of stories of this kind, especially as they relate to a particular people, group, or clan: the winning of the West in American legend.
    3. an inscription, especially on a coat of arms, on a monument, under a picture, or the like.
    4. a table on a map, chart, or the like, listing and explaining the symbols used. Compare key1 (def 8).
    5. Numismatics. inscription (def 8).
    6. a collection of stories about an admirable person.
    7. a person who is the center of such stories: She became a legend in her own lifetime.
    8. Archaic. a story of the life of a saint, especially one stressing the miraculous or unrecorded deeds of the saint.
    9. Obsolete. a collection of such stories or stories like them.

FINAL FOOTNOTE TO ATARI: when you boot me out for speaking the truth, don't forget to take my real name off the list(you know which list!!!). Just keep in mind I'm a HARD-CORE fan(or I used to be - I don't know anymore). Go back and read my contribution before you do more stupid things. I request a FAIR public trial and jury, no lawyer needed. Don't be judge and party, since it's worth nothing.

QUOTE(from Green Day - Minority):

Stepped out of the line
    Like a sheep runs from the herd
    Marching out of time
    To my own beat now
    The only way I know
    One light, one mind
    Flashing in the dark
    Blinded by the silence of a thousand broken hearts
    "For crying out loud" she screamed unto me
    A free for all
    F**k 'em all
    You're on your own side
    My words ... 60€ for this crap is not OK for me.
    Handling of customers and blaming them as trolls is NOT OK.

Give me the promised (60€) game in an 2017 quality.
    Or give me back my money and I am fine with it ...

Passive Peep
    Here is the perfect example of price manipulation, as mbcdex paid 60 EUROS for the game when I paid 60 Canadian dollars.

He paid about 10 to 20% more than me. What is the price of this game if I live in Brazil?

Think of it on a second level, for a minute, 60$ is equivalent of 4 hours of work at minimum wage in Canada, taxes not deducted, 6 hours if you do. This factor alone create a huge price disparity in the real World.

How many hour of work to get the game in China?
    Last edited by Abbittibbi; 02-26-2017 at 07:25 PM.

Dont forget the fact that they put out boxes into stores with that small advice buying an Early-Access-Title.
    Priniting this boxes and shipping it into stores takes some times, weeks up to months.
    So they knew very early that there will be no Release, but an EA.
    Maybee they knew it from the beginning, maybee MATTLAB knew it too ...

To be correct: Title was about 56 € on Steam that time + I had some little charge for digital-paying-tax, so it was nearly exact 60 € for me.
    Last edited by mbcdex; 02-27-2017 at 06:45 AM.

Here is the perfect example of price manipulation, as mbcdex paid 60 EUROS for the game when I paid 60 Canadian dollars.

He paid about 10 to 20% more than me. What is the price of this game if I live in Brazil?

Think of it on a second level, for a minute, 60$ is equivalent of 4 hours of work at minimum wage in Canada, taxes not deducted, 6 hours if you do. This factor alone create a huge price disparity in the real World.

How many hour of work to get the game in China?
    I can answer that since I'm currently living in Brazil and bought the game while here.

I pre-ordered RCTw before the first (and only...) 'beta' weekend. And while the standard edition of the game was going for US$49.99, it was being sold on Steam for BR$90,99, and with the exchange rate back then it cost me US$22.57. While leery of pre-ordering because of what happened with another theme park simulator game, I went ahead because it was half the price I'd pay in the States. I have no idea why the pricing difference. Quite frankly games in Brazil are usually higher than other countries.

The standard edition is currently for sale on Steam priced for Brazilians at BR$63.99, which at today's exchange rate (US$1.00 = BR$3,24) is US$19,75.

The minimum wage here in Brazil is BR$937,00 PER MONTH, that works out to around BR$4,26 an hour, which at today's exchange rate is US$1.31.

I can safely say that few people earning the minimum wage are playing computer games...
    Last edited by Wabigbear; 02-27-2017 at 08:00 AM.

To the fan community, thank you for reading my open letter above, and thank you for directly supporting it. The text is saved for future use.

If my text reflect the general point of view, and you like it, you may want to do as MrBob and quote it all in block.

Besides, Atari ''knows'' me by face, name and complete adress, so if they attempt to shut me off for voicing the general opinion and truth, this only prove how dead center I am. Weather the text stay up or not, it's the truth, and it's all there is to it. Yet, if Atari shuts me up anyways, I'm just going to go voice elsewhere, and it would be worse to them then reading me speak(write) the right truth here, their controlled forum, with more ammo in my pockets handed by them. At this point, Atari should speak honestly with me and not try anything stupid such attempting against freedom of speech, especially when the speech inquestion consist of the truth. The only other option is to let me speak(and ignore the truth).

After all, this is Atari's forum, and they can do as they want with it, nothing we post here belong to us. And not even the game you got off steam is ours...

STEAM goes down, there goes all our games. Have you tried 45 days without internet to update STEAM? IT DOES NOT WORK, AND NO GAME DOES... Offline mode don't even launch STEAM's OS(which is total crap). The entire STEAM idea is crap on it's own.

This entire RCTW adventure shows the imminent danger, quite real, of STEAM formula, early access method, microdownload and retail boxless games.

We get incomplete or unfinished product, that most likely never get completes after release, unless it's a gushing cash machine, which are really rare cases now(there are not that many real great games). This mater is only going to be worse and worse, and it's spreading to consoles as well.

The entire virtual gaming industry is in very real peril, even if the cracks are not visible at the moment. I really tought this title could do better, in open collaborative and integrative way, with us fans included in idea sharing part of the game.

The reality for Atari is, it did the entire opposite, luring core players into NDA as well as developer studio, effectively shutting them all, cutting PR to it's max, making no efforts to build bridge between parties(production and customers) for clean demand and offer balance. On top, as bad joke, releasing the title at worse possible moment in the worse marketing campaign humanity never saw(there was none, so nothing to see). Game production shifted hands too many time to keep track of, with no clear path to it. To add insult to injury, with very unstable project managing team, executive producer changing at least once, if not more time than that. They did not listen to client's need, AT ALL. On top, attempting to shift the blame on who ever, instead of looking at their own failure to communicate with us. In fact, all of this proove to me Atari is outgamed and outdated, knowing nothing about videogames and players in this day and age.

Plus the buyers(customers, players, US) are really getting fooled on price manipulation. I paid near to 60 dollars for this title, knowing it was in EA, and a year later, appear as failure, almost half the price on release, cutted again a week later. The same week the price was at lowest, RCT3 beat RCTW sold licenses.

So as other, I guess I only come here to write and read, who cares about RCTW, as a enjoyable game, anymore?

I AM WRITING HERE FOR ATARI TO WAKE UP!!!

In the end, the only secret reason I return daily to the forums, is expecting some sort of miracle, and it clearly show's I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE. For the rest, it's all open reasons as stated above and below: I am here for other PEOPLE, you reading this. Am I clear?
    You are wasting your time with posts like this and dealing with Atari.

Passive Peep
    I'm fully aware of your statement. I was around here during the blackout years after RTC3, I know the drill.

It's a waste, but it's not, however, a full waste, as these messages are readed by you(the People). While at it, let me thank you for reading and reposting as quote.

Atari will note I do not get smashed by the community.

What do you suggest the fans do to get a response regarding all of the promised features then? Fans of the genre have been asking for answers for months now. Do you have a better suggestion that hasn't been attempted yet to find out, as this thread called it, the "roadmap" of where this game's missing features are in development?

Remember, folks here have spent their money on a game that they have yet to receive. Asking for a refund isn't working. So what, pray tell, should we do?

Quote Originally Posted by faceless252 View Post
    Forum terrorism, borderline insanity, narcissistic rant by one individual which brings me to conclusion why did I have click on this feed?
    Equating a comment or rant on a message board with terrorism is beyond the pale, really. You had him on narcissism and borderline insanity. Terrorism is a bridge too far and bad taste.

That being said, he does have some good points and Atari doesn't listen.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast