View Poll Results: Should they add Peep control?

Voters
44. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

38 86.36%
  • No.

6 13.64%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Peep control

id like the option to enter the park and walk around in first person. but not control a peep.

Quote Originally Posted by a-can-o-beans View Post
    id like the option to enter the park and walk around in first person. but not control a peep.
    Give US an avatar...That would be cool. *cough* VR *cough* lol

Quote Originally Posted by ProphetLord420 View Post
    Give US an avatar...That would be cool. *cough* VR *cough* lol
    STAHHHP lol. id be okay with creating an avatar. i just dont want to take over a random peep. this would make the peep editor somewhat useful in my opinion lol

I think it's already been discussed extensively. But if any new users want to speak up, why not

Quote Originally Posted by a-can-o-beans View Post
    You can do that in RCT3 with the "Jonny Watts" Cheat. Name a peep like that and the camera starts hovering above his/her head. Controlling your own peep would be like the next level

You know for programming, there is a lot more that has to be thought out about avatar or peep control

Say you take over a peep and start to watch the park at Peep eye level as a peep sees. Can you walk into other Peeps? or do they block you? Can you leave walking on a path? Can you walk through a fence?

Then when you get to the ride, say you can, since you have control, cut tot he front of the line just by walking up to it. Do you have to wait a few seconds and interact with the ticket vendor? Do you have to have Sawyer Bucks to pay for your ticket, or did your finds become unlimited?

Now as you enter the ride and you want to see the coaster view from the first seat, what if there are two Peeps already in the front seat of the coaster. Do you kick them out?

Do we answer these questions in discussion first, before just blatanty saying to Area 52 and Atari, I want, I want I want (which is really beginning to sound like little children whining far too often on far too many points without any backup for these wants.)

Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    Do you have to have Sawyer Bucks to pay for your ticket, or did your finds become unlimited?
    I agree, not only because Sawyer Bucks is catching on (Oh yes), but because that is a good point. Each point has to be looked at from every angle. But I think its safe to say that the majority of the community at this point in time would just like to spurt ideas as much as they can. I myself being partially a part of that group. Concept first, programming later as it were. Nonetheless I agree

Do you have to have Sawyer Bucks to pay for your ticket, or did your finds become unlimited?
    Good point with the financial aspect. In my opinion, there should be 2 modes: One beeing the "real Peep" with money, non cutting-line etc. and then there is the "camera mode", where you can move around freely without borders. The only limitation beeing the ground your camera is tied to. This camera mode should only be avaible in Sandbox modes or what ever mode is used for building to get good shots at your build things from a Peep's perspective. In campains or scenarios, there should be the real Peep mode to interact better with the attractions, because there, it's about functioning. This mode would also be helpful, if something broke, you have hidden in tons of scenery.

You know for programming, there is a lot more that has to be thought out about avatar or peep control

Say you take over a peep and start to watch the park at Peep eye level as a peep sees. Can you walk into other Peeps? or do they block you? Can you leave walking on a path? Can you walk through a fence?

Then when you get to the ride, say you can, since you have control, cut tot he front of the line just by walking up to it. Do you have to wait a few seconds and interact with the ticket vendor? Do you have to have Sawyer Bucks to pay for your ticket, or did your finds become unlimited?

Now as you enter the ride and you want to see the coaster view from the first seat, what if there are two Peeps already in the front seat of the coaster. Do you kick them out?

Do we answer these questions in discussion first, before just blatanty saying to Area 52 and Atari, I want, I want I want (which is really beginning to sound like little children whining far too often on far too many points without any backup for these wants.)
    i hope more people see this. too many people are gushing ideas out with no idea how it should be implemented. again for me controlling a peep would be cool but seems like a lot of programming would be needed to make it work. id rather just be able to walk around the park and you can bump into scenery ( like fences )and rides but not actually interact with them. i just like having a peeps eye view to see things from a different angle as well as for taking screenshots.

Passive Peep
    I think the way it works in Theme Park World or Zoo Tycoon 2 would be fine. You are an invisible guest, walk through other people (not through scenery!) and if you go on a ride you change to ride-mode (same as in rct3). I don't think that this feature would be too hard to implementate.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast