Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 85

Thread: Community Wishlist for 2017 #1

  1. #1

    Community Wishlist for 2017 #1

    The Community Wishlist is the place to suggest, discuss on all the things you would love to see on this game.

    Wishlist Community #1

    New content:

    - Transport Rides (Top community preference) (Confirmed for Q1 2017) (LATE)
    - Water Rides (Top community preference) (Confirmed but no ETA)
    - Dark Rides (Top community preference)
    - Additional park entrances
    - More terrain textures
    - Scenery

    Update: (Post-Release Update #5 - Water Features!)


    New Game-play features:

    - Underground Building (Top community preference)
    - Recolor-able Attractions
    - Ride events / Triggers: adjustable particle effects, light effects, sound effects, animatronics (Top community preference)

    Game-play improvements:

    - Performance improvements (Top community preference)

    Update: POST-RELEASE UPDATE #3 – UNITY 5.4!


    - More AI improvements (Top community preference)
    - More peeps grouping up
    - Keep improving Animations


    Others:

    - Make the Linux/Mac client available (For Developers: I have great experience using Linux, I might be able to test this for you, I also own a Mac)
    - Option to disable motion-blur

    Most likely never happening:

    - Ability to place entrance/exits

    Colors:

    Red: Requested features

    Green: A certain update added more feautures to the requested wish.
    Last edited by TerrorToetje; 07-10-2017 at 03:12 AM.

  2. #2
    Junior Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    610
    I wouldnt mind waterfalls, but thats a scenery-object that might need more time.

    (in the mean time i can create my own)

  3. #3
    Newcomer
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Posts
    31
    There is NO point in a 2017 wishlist. Give up like the developers did ages ago. The game is awful. PC is now available for the RCT fans. Support a more respected game and Dev team who have done so much for the RCT franchise. But of course it's your choice :P
    Last edited by f4a10; 11-18-2016 at 05:55 AM.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgath View Post
    I wouldnt mind waterfalls, but thats a scenery-object that might need more time.

    (in the mean time i can create my own)
    Or in the land editor, so if a certain ground lever is higher and you place water on it the waterfall gets automatically added.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by f4a10 View Post
    There is NO point in a 2017 wishlist. Give up like the developers did ages ago. The game is awful. PC is now available for the RCT fans. Support a more respected game and Dev team who have done so much for the RCT franchise. But of course it's your choice :P
    The only thing we can do is "Try", But I do understand you'r concerns.

  6. #6
    Junior Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Posts
    610
    Quote Originally Posted by TerrorToetje View Post
    Or in the land editor, so if a certain ground lever is higher and you place water on it the waterfall gets automatically added.
    an improved terrain tool would for sure be helpful. But i assume that goes in the same category as your 'underground building'

  7. #7
    Park Patron Wabigbear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,083
    Recolorable flat rides so that not every park looks the same.

    Ability to place entrance/exits WHERE I WANT THEM.

    Ability to choose which terrain paints I want and to be able to use more than four of them.

    Fixes to paths that actually allow me to place another path or object anywhere I want along it, since we were told that was one feature of this game - to be able to place things where we want.

    Actual balloons rather than demon owls with a stick shoved up their rear

    Fixes to peep AI so that Sand People no longer need to walk single file down the middle of a wide path

    Fixes to AI so that peeps won't walk along the edge of the path through benches, trash cans or light fixtures

    Allow multiple levels of water in a park

    Additional park entrances - either one smaller, or a skeleton entrance that we can add pnp around. The current ones are fine, but just not realistic for some purposes and too large for others

    A cliff terrain paint rather than an overly stretched regular terrain texture

    Smaller collision boxes! Some rides have huge square ones for smaller round rides, you can't place things like flower beds up close unless you mess with the pnp grouping work-around

    Tweaks to ride POV speeds...some look to be pulling 4 g's. They appear ok when viewed in god-mode, but riding them is something else on a few of them.

    Attention to the entire UGC process, supposedly one of RCTw's signature features, which has pretty much been ignored since it came out.


    And my biggest request....tweak the peeps so that there are far FAR fewer that are waddling along clutching their nether regions because they need to use the bathroom as well as the numerous peeps who are literally dragging themselves down the path suffering from terminal exhaustion.

    Plopping down a restroom every 20 feet is NOT realistic. Lining every path with benches doesn't help. That's not how theme parks look, that's not how they work.

    Even worse is that those doing either the wee-wee shuffle or those dragging a** will STILL go on rides. Nothing more frustrating that waiting for a 40+ capacity ride to sit there while a bunch of peep with intestinal distress slowly waddle to their seat. Both these conditions either need to be lowered by a large degree (seriously - how many people do you see walking around like that in real life?),...or a cheat code provided so we can turn both of those status's off. It's hard to even take a screenshot in this game without hunched over or pigeon-toed peeps clutching their junk ruining the shot. PLEASE FIX THIS
    Last edited by Wabigbear; 11-18-2016 at 06:39 AM.

  8. #8
    Passive Peep
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Posts
    216
    All the things in that list have been on this forum for over 6 months. And what of it have we got? None.
    We were told that for the last few months the team have been working on a big update. As true as that may be they were also wasting time developing a mobile game instead of using those resources to fine tune and optimize RCTW. That alone shows their priorities are completely wrong. Plus where is the update to the games engine, we were told 5.4. It's still using 5.3.5p7.
    I and many others are just so sick and tired of being lied to. They have released an unfinished product and expect people to be happy about it. Missing features and just as many bugs with just as much, if not a little more lag than before release. Its pathetic.

    Some of us have been defending RCTW for a long while, saying things like, give them a chance, wait for release it's still in EA, etc.
    And what do we get for this, shat upon. The gaming public has been lied to throughout RCTW's entire development, There has been very little engagement with the community. When someone tries to say something's not right we get, "Sorry you feel that way" meaning what exactly? Yes we know that doesn't work as it should, but tough. We know that it should have been better optimized, but tough. We know it has missing features, but tough.

    We have all had to start new parks, I have only started to do one, and its going to stay that way too. Its got ZERO peeps and takes nearly 20 minutes to load and another 3-4 before I can actually start working on my once it has loaded while I wait for it to render all the supports for the coasters. And that's after I've waited 5 minutes for game to load up and into the main menu. It really is beyond a joke. I have attached a screenshot of said park.

    I will check in when next update arrives but, I personally, for now at least, am done with RCTW. How anyone can still defend it is beyond me. You really need to wake up and give the people who need it a jolly good spanking for releasing a product in the condition its in. And by continuing to support them all you are doing is encouraging this type of behaviour and basically saying, "Hey, I don't mind paying full price half a game, I know on the box it say I can do things that I actually can't, but I don't care"
    Attached Images Attached Images

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Wabigbear View Post
    Recolorable flat rides so that not every park looks the same.

    Ability to place entrance/exits WHERE I WANT THEM.

    Ability to choose which terrain paints I want and to be able to use more than four of them.

    Fixes to paths that actually allow me to place another path or object anywhere I want along it, since we were told that was one feature of this game - to be able to place things where we want.

    Actual balloons rather than demon owls with a stick shoved up their rear

    Fixes to peep AI so that Sand People no longer need to walk single file down the middle of a wide path

    Fixes to AI so that peeps won't walk along the edge of the path through benches, trash cans or light fixtures

    Allow multiple levels of water in a park

    Additional park entrances - either one smaller, or a skeleton entrance that we can add pnp around. The current ones are fine, but just not realistic for some purposes and too large for others

    A cliff terrain paint rather than an overly stretched regular terrain texture

    Smaller collision boxes! Some rides have huge square ones for smaller round rides, you can't place things like flower beds up close unless you mess with the pnp grouping work-around

    Tweaks to ride POV speeds...some look to be pulling 4 g's. They appear ok when viewed in god-mode, but riding them is something else on a few of them.

    Attention to the entire UGC process, supposedly one of RCTw's signature features, which has pretty much been ignored since it came out.


    And my biggest request....tweak the peeps so that there are far FAR fewer that are waddling along clutching their nether regions because they need to use the bathroom as well as the numerous peeps who are literally dragging themselves down the path suffering from terminal exhaustion.

    Plopping down a restroom every 20 feet is NOT realistic. Lining every path with benches doesn't help. That's not how theme parks look, that's not how they work.

    Even worse is that those doing either the wee-wee shuffle or those dragging a** will STILL go on rides. Nothing more frustrating that waiting for a 40+ capacity ride to sit there while a bunch of peep with intestinal distress slowly waddle to their seat. Both these conditions either need to be lowered by a large degree (seriously - how many people do you see walking around like that in real life?),...or a cheat code provided so we can turn both of those status's off. It's hard to even take a screenshot in this game without hunched over or pigeon-toed peeps clutching their junk ruining the shot. PLEASE FIX THIS
    Thanks for the suggestions, i'm adding the suggestions to the top.

  10. #10
    Oh oh oh. I would wished to have all of those improvement before!
    Now i prefer ask to santa claus rather atari .... i think i ll have more chance! It s not late to write my letter! Lol

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. RCTW Wishlist and Ideas Thread
    By Aaronroberts in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 195
    Last Post: 11-02-2015, 01:21 AM
  2. Themes for RCT World (Wishlist)
    By dwwilkin in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 95
    Last Post: 10-04-2015, 05:08 PM
  3. Please move community chat to community center.
    By 0BobTheJanitor in forum Community Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 01-31-2015, 03:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us