Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCTW : kernelbase.dll caused an access violation

RCTW : kernelbase.dll caused an access violation

Hello (again) everyone.

It's been a month since my game doesn't want to launch (or it crashes during the launching). I launch it via Steam, but after a few seconds I get an error message. In the crashlog, it says that kernelbase.dll caused a violation. I don't have that kind of problem with any of my other games (steam or non-steam).

Everything is up to date, I've tried to uninstall and reinstall it, used the Steam's tool to verify the cache, I even used the System File Checker program and it didn't find anything wrong.

I want to play that game but this is becoming kind of boring. I've paid for a game, and to have the ability to play at. I really hope you will be able to help me.

Here's the crashlog :

crashlog2.zip

Thanks guys.

Hello there,

I've got the same error message. It is also about the kernelbase.dll, and I cannot start the game.
    I hope that it will be fixed or anybody has an idea how to fix it, the last patch (1.4GB) did not fix it.

Regards

Judging by the status of the log they are working to work out what is causing it. Unlikely for any word before tomorrow as the offices are closed today. What would be really useful for the devs is if you could attach the game log from when you tried to launch it last

Hello,

this is the error.txt: http://pastebin.com/ihpTEWQw
    and this is the output_log: http://pastebin.com/v6xcHyiP

Is there anything new about this error?

QA is looking into it. Out of curiosity do you have the most recent DirectX installed? Have you installed Unity on your system?

Yes of course.... I got DirectX 12 and about a month ago I even played the game, and since then nothing has changed on my PC.

I too have the last DirectX. But don't have Unity install on mine. Is that necessary ? Because RCTW worked fine before.

Edit: PriFa, did you succeed in fixing the issue ? :/
    Last edited by Mythil; 10-29-2016 at 01:26 PM.

Hi There,

Strange you are waiting for the Q/A team.

The KernelBase.dll is an API client DLL to help launch .exe applications, most likely there is nothing wrong the the game itself. I suggest the following:

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions. When the scan is complete, the System File Checker tool indicates whether integrity violations were found. If integrity violations are found, the System File Checker tool lets you fix the integrity violations

a. Click Start and type cmd in start search.
    b. Right click on Command Prompt to select "Run as Administrator".
    c. Type: sfc<space>/scannow.

Note: SFC scan may take a while to complete.

If any problems where found let me know

If the issue persists you can try reregistering kernelbase.dll and check.

a. Click Start and type cmd in start search. Right click on Command Prompt and select Run as Administrator.
    b. Type "regsvr32 KERNELBASE.dll" without the quotes and Press Enter.
    c. Restart your computer and check.

I'm also able to help using teamviewer, i'm sure it has something to do with windows.

Best Regards,

TerrorToetje
    Last edited by TerrorToetje; 11-14-2016 at 06:51 AM.

Hi, and thank you for taking time to try to help.

Due to several problems with my computer, I had to "reboot" it, which fixed the problem.

Before that, I've used the scannow which didn't found anything.

I don't know what happened since the problem was only with rctw, but I suspect a win10's update which screwed up my computer.

I didn't knew about the second option (reregistrating the dll), but will keep it in mind in case of a similar issue next time.

Thank you again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast