Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: RCTW – Early Access – Dev Blog #19: Release Date!

RCTW – Early Access – Dev Blog #19: Release Date!

Hello Tycoons!

The time is now! We are excited to announce the official release date for RollerCoaster Tycoon World: Wednesday, November 16th, ahead of the upcoming Holiday season. It’s been a great ride and we can’t wait to finally present the new and improved RCTW to you all! Our November 16th release will include all the new features we laid out in our last blog – a brand-new progression mode, new UI and main menu, refreshed peeps – along with tons of performance improvements and bug fixes. The game will be available for purchase via Steam, RollerCoasterTycoon.com and other online distributors, and if you own the game already, it will be automatically updated to our full release version.

Additionally, we want to sincerely thank everyone who participated in our Early Access program. The game is where it is today thanks to your tireless commitment and love for RCTW and dedication to the RCT franchise. As a small gesture of our appreciation, every player who purchased a copy of RCTW in Early Access will receive two exclusive in-game gifts – a new Pendulum flatride, and our Candy Shop store. These gifts will show up automatically in your game when you update after we leave Early Access.

For a sneak peek of RCTW 1.0, we’ll be streaming the game tomorrow, Friday 11/11 @ 2pm EST with RCTW designer Steven Lumpkin, aka Silent0siris on Twitch! He’ll be taking you on a tour of all the great new stuff we have in store when we hit full release on 11/16.

And remember – this is only the beginning for RCTW! We’ll be rolling out FREE and paid DLC over the coming months, along with continued optimizations and improvements.

As a reminder, make sure to save your blueprints now. Like we mentioned in our last blog, any item you save as a blueprint will be saved as we transition from Early Access to full release, but due to the massive progression and technical updates coming to the full release, your saved games from Early Access will not carry over to the full release version of RCTW. Make sure to start backing up your work now!

RCTW 1.0 is on track, and ready to roll out to you all very, very soon. See you in the park!

- Team RCTW

Newcomer
    What comes next?

Our planned feature list is HUGE! Here’s a sneak peek at a few of the FREE updates to look forward to in the coming months:

• Piece-by-Piece Custom Built Structures
    • Scenario Editor
    • Mini-rides and Dark Rides
    • Additional scenarios
    • Transport Rides
    • Fence Builder
    • New and expanded decoration themes
    • Additional Flat-rides
    • Weather
    • Custom music
    • New Rollercoaster types

We will of course also be working on performance and user experience improvements, graphics updates, major as-yet-unannounced functionalities, and improving the base game in coordination with you all.
    ^
    Blog 30

And remember – this is only the beginning for RCTW! We’ll be rolling out FREE and paid DLC over the coming months, along with continued optimizations and improvements.
    ^
    Now

Nice memes can I get my refund now?

Newcomer

fix this please

Soooo, Atari has announced that nVizzio has also been working on Rollercoaster tycoon Touch for mobile devices.... wow... if this has in any way impacted on the development of RCTW (which I am sure it has) I am going to be very disappointed

You get out of EA but continue as before, just renaming updates "dlc"? Some even paid? Really?
    I bought the game before it was EA. I had really much hopes for the EA... some things really changed and got better. Thanks for this. But do you really think it is that much finished now? Think back at the point you decided the Full Game is going in EA. It was because much complainings from gamers, wasn't it? Do you want this again, Atari?
    Even when you delete those things here in forums and on facebook, there are so much review stations that it will be the same like early this year.
    Why? You have basics to build on. Do it (really) and it could be a good game instead of the casual game it is at the moment.
    You would do the fans and specially yourself a favour. Please think of it.

A new Update? Yay
    But out of Early Access already? NAY!!!

The game made a good progress over the last months, but I think there is a lot of work to do, before you leave Early Access.
    There are many missing features, for example waterrides!, darkrides, transport rides & the amount of flatrides or decoration parts isn't nearly enough to build custom parks.

I really hope that you will deliver the already announced and other features. Please don't let the game die!

But for now: can' wait to try the update
    Last edited by Caine; 11-10-2016 at 09:04 PM.

Bye Bye Atari and bye bye RCT franchise.... you guys seriously dropped the ball with this....

The fact that as had been suggested the long promise of all the stuff available for release is more akin to a lie than anything else...

I would warn you to expect a flood of complaints if your release does not deliver everything you had promised up til now....
    Improvise, Adapt and Overcome - if that's just too hard then shoot them!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckzorly View Post
    Bye Bye Atari and bye bye RCT franchise.... you guys seriously dropped the ball with this....

The fact that as had been suggested the long promise of all the stuff available for release is more akin to a lie than anything else...

I would warn you to expect a flood of complaints if your release does not deliver everything you had promised up til now....
    Call me an optimist.... but who's to say that most of what was promised won't be in this massive update that's coming for release? They have been SUPER quiet over the past few weeks

Super optimistic...but I think they have been putting more development time in their new mobile game they have announced... would make sense for the lack of communication (sorry not lack - just nil) and I just am confident I could bet the proverbial that the content promised won't be in...

Of course it WILL however be in paid DLC in future.... working hard to pay off their debts hey Atari!!
    Improvise, Adapt and Overcome - if that's just too hard then shoot them!

Quote Originally Posted by Duckzorly View Post
    Super optimistic...but I think they have been putting more development time in their new mobile game they have announced... would make sense for the lack of communication (sorry not lack - just nil) and I just am confident I could bet the proverbial that the content promised won't be in...

Of course it WILL however be in paid DLC in future.... working hard to pay off their debts hey Atari!!
    *Sits in a corner and rocks back and forth*
    It can't be true - make it stop!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast