Thread: Requesting Refund due to False Advertisement/Scam (Not a Troll)

Newcomer

Requesting Refund due to False Advertisement/Scam (Not a Troll)

Firstly, this is NOT a troll post so don't delete it for that reason. I bought this game when it first released in early access under the perception that this was truly the next generation RCT game and AAA game they said it would be. 7 months have gone by and the progress you guys have made to the game has been MINIMAL. Not only that, you charged $50 for a game that was unplayable for many. You guys are now deciding to release this product fully for $35 WITHOUT some of the content that you guys promised. Not only this, but the quality of the stuff in the game at the moment is awful and barely competes with RCT3. How/Where do I get this game refunded for false advertisement and misleading promises? I also find it shameful that you guys are trying to release this game the DAY before the "other" game. If you think doing so will get you any sales...no comment. Just a word of advice for the future: as a business, you shouldn't lie to your customers or try to manipulate them, it will not go well and you will lose all trust you've gained from them... oh wait, it's too late to fix that. At least I can enjoy playing the next generation RCT now (it's not this game).

Taken from blog 30:

What comes next?

Our planned feature list is HUGE! Here’s a sneak peek at a few of the FREE updates to look forward to in the coming months:

• Piece-by-Piece Custom Built Structures
    • Scenario Editor
    • Mini-rides and Dark Rides
    • Additional scenarios
    • Transport Rides
    • Fence Builder
    • New and expanded decoration themes
    • Additional Flat-rides
    • Weather
    • Custom music
    • New Rollercoaster types

We will of course also be working on performance and user experience improvements, graphics updates, major as-yet-unannounced functionalities, and improving the base game in coordination with you all.

I too will demand a refund, however I will be giving this game one last chance. If it doesn't deliver by this release on Nov 16, 2016. I stand by my word that I will defend this game till it's release, so this game has until then till I turn my back on it.

Newcomer
    Is anyone from Atari going to respond to my request or am I just wasting my time like I waste my time scrolling through this forums to see 'exciting' news?

I would send a PM to nookriot chances are he'll respond there quicker

Newcomer
    Well I assume he already saw it because it's been here for a few days ago and someone moved it here (from general discussion) within 5 minutes of me posting it. I assume it was nook because I've never seen another Atari/Nvizzio staff on this forums that hasn't already left.

Newcomer
    Has this been sorted yet? You were indeed lied to, so you're entitled to a refund.

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronroberts View Post
    Has this been sorted yet? You were indeed lied to, so you're entitled to a refund.
    It absolutely has NOT been sorted yet. I have yet to hear a peep from anyone at Atari/Nvizzio about this. It's a shame because I know they saw it considering one of them moved it and they have replied to another support post but not mine. Their customer support is just as good as their game.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh5 View Post
    It absolutely has NOT been sorted yet. I have yet to hear a peep from anyone at Atari/Nvizzio about this. It's a shame because I know they saw it considering one of them moved it and they have replied to another support post but not mine. Their customer support is just as good as their game.
    You would think Atari would be quick to quieten down the forum refund requests on the basis that the longer they leave it, the more likely people are going to continue to shout about it in public.

It's been a disaster so far. Such a shame.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaronroberts View Post
    Everyone who owns this product has been lied to. And potential new are being lied to too. Check the product description against what we can actually do in game. It really is false advertising and they are breaking the law.
    Last edited by majherbhead; 11-18-2016 at 09:07 PM.

I have also asked for a refund after... tried out the game again.... if you look at the digital sketchbook you can see that the graphics have been much better.....they tuned it down by alot...to make it work at all.... and from the beginning they answered my post and got the game running on my computer....after editing the register (should a normal customer do that?) i am technician so i had no problem, they could of course not now.....but after tampering with the system the game started again.... and it awful, and slow......asked for refund again and...POFF they answers stopped.....