Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: RCTW – Early Access – Dev Blog #18: Big News!

Quote Originally Posted by Zerael View Post
    they should show us some animated peeps
    That would be nice.

EDIT: What happened to the thread about the new peep art rendering?
    Last edited by DanPlayer01; 10-27-2016 at 05:43 PM.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPlayer01 View Post
    That would be nice.

EDIT: What happened to the thread about the new peep art rendering?
    I am wondering the same thing. I am also wonder where inspectorgadget got that photo from.

Newcomer
    A nice surprise but I still don't see any information about some of the free content promised before launch (transport rides, dark rides, etc.). The new peeps look better but I'm worried they still have the same funky animations from what I can pick up of that picture. Also, I happened to see a golf course as one of the campaign missions or whatever they're being called so maybe that's a conformation of mini-golf or an actual golf attraction being added to the game?

I would LOVE to have actual golf courses in the game. I'm pretty sure Disney has a few gold courses. That would be really cool, that would be unique to RCTW. I'm okay with it just being mini golf as well.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by DanPlayer01 View Post
    I would LOVE to have actual golf courses in the game. I'm pretty sure Disney has a few gold courses. That would be really cool, that would be unique to RCTW. I'm okay with it just being mini golf as well.
    I really do hope that a mini golf course is added to the game. Rides like mini-Golf, hedge mazes, and gokarts really made each part feel different from each other.

I would love to see hedge mazes, go carts and mini golf too. It was funny to see the guests in RCT1 jump up to look over the hedges to see where they would need to go to in order to find the maze exit.

Go carts was really nice to watch at times. All of those tiny guests racing against each other.

Mini golf was nice because you could made some nice trees and foliage around it.

This Dev Blog has me more split than any other posted before. It raises way more questions than it answers. When is this #verysoon release date exactly? Why can't they just tell us now? Does that mean they still aren't sure on it themselves? Or because they want to look at community feedback first? I fear it's going to be an early December release like last year. Exactly the thing I was dreading. My hope for the game being "completed" has never been lower. Going from the list that JMR reposted, they still are nowhere close to checking everything off. The couple they did implement, aren't even entirely finished, and that was said by Nvizzio themselves in the dev stream!!!!! Mattlab actually mentioned there would even be more than what was on that list for EA. LOL! In your dreams, Atari. Also would have been nice if they would have mentioned months ago that, due to systems upgrades, etc, saved games probably wouldn't be able to transfer to full release. Instead they throw that fact at us with (likely) mere weeks left. It's good I don't have any huge parks...

Now to try to break down my thoughts on all this new info--only including info discussed in the blog:
    Pros
    -I see fireworks, cool. What level of customization though? How many shape styles?
    -The Progression Mode (or at least the map of it) looks really cool. Why completely remove solo scenarios though? That's what the old games were all about...excluding sandbox. Also, does this mean the campaign mode is removed too? This new mode was described as "mission-based campaign". That would only make sense.
    -The new guests look significantly better (in freeze frame). Although I see none of the old designs. Does that mean they scrapped them and there's only new? Seems to me they could have saved a little time to still keep the old designs (I'm talking clothes/hair, that stuff), while updating the bodies. If there's only new instead of "in addition to", then I hope there's a good amount more of variety. There were way too many repeating guests before. Also, do we get guest groups finally???
    -The new Main Menu interface looks great. Can't complain...except they only show the "Community" section.
    -Paths improvement. Yeah, let's wait and try and for ourselves.
    -Performance and loading time improvements. Yeah, let's wait and experience that for ourselves.
    -It seems Mini-Golf is confirmed. Nice. Now let's see what it actually looks like and how (well) it works.
    Cons
    -Will lose all saved parks from EA. Already ranted about this, nothing more to say.
    -No official release date given, only the classic "soon". Also no word on more pre-release updates. I had to open up Steam to see if we were actually getting these new features in an update today, or if they were saying they're adding that stuff only at release. They didn't make it very clear...the only thing clearly marked as only "post-launch" was the Progression Mode.

If this blog had been about a brand-new update, and no mention of releasing soon, this would probably be their best update yet! It seems we can never be that lucky concerning this game however.

I'm going to make a thread about all my other questions raised concerning a sooooooon full launch. Don't want to get off topic here.

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    You have redesigned every peep? Wow! Not sure how many people were expecting that. Great news! Along with an entirely new gameplay system - progression modes! Brilliant news! Really looking forward to trying that out!

The pictures of the new UI looks a lot better! Big improvement there as well!

Worried that there are a few things in this list below that were not mentioned in the post though (dark rides, mini-rides, transport rides, weather, custom music, fence builder):

Source: Developer blog #30 - https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...m-Early-Access!
    Yep, where are the free missing content we were promised? New menus don't interest me. A reworking of the peeps would definitely be welcome. But where's the missing core content?

Progression mode seems like a fun way to mesh scenarios with player progression into a campaign. Not so sure about locking the content for the base sandbox game though (this means that a player would have to complete all the scenarios before he can use all scenery/rides on a sandbox map - not that good for creative players).

The new peeps look a lot nicer than before. I really hope it is not simply a re-skin though, and some love is also put into the skeleton animations.

The new interface looks good and intuitive. We will have to play with it to see how it functions.

PxP implementation is competent, and the ability to make UGC in this game can elevate this feature a lot!

All in all, some nice updates here. Sadly, the prose of this update hints to the game getting to gold status pretty soon, I think that ATARI has targeted the holiday sales timeslot for this. A lot of the stuff that they had promised for initial release (and were supposed to be worked during the EA period) seems to be out.

I can understand that, there is only so many things that you can do with the time and resources allotted to you. I would like ATARI to give a firm response about this though, especially as far as post-launch support and development is concerned.

Will NVISSIO keep working on this after launch, with a goal of bringing said features and content online for the game? Will said features be free updates for the playerbase, since they were touted for initial release? Will ATARI keep supporting this project?

These are things that come to my mind, and I would love to have some official communication about them. Because I fear that if the game doesn't hit the unit goals that ATARI projects for release (it will not be easy, due to the current EA saturation, competition in the genre and the meta evaluation stats outstanding for the project), then post-launch support would be in trouble.
    Last edited by Dante80; 10-28-2016 at 12:16 AM.

Hoping that peeps v2 does not try too much to eat when there are restaurants and snack in all corners of the park. No new attractions? Transport? Aquatic?

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast