Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Update 13 Speculation Thread

Passive Peep
    *pffft*
    Cram it full of half baked stuff, push it out the door before PlanCo releases, deal with the fallout later.

I still question the design sense of the "Theater" ride.
    And how exactly does a theater "break down"?
    And how is it fixed by the mechanic, at center stage?

Newcomer
    Quote Originally Posted by magicart87 View Post
    What do you think will be included in Update 13?
    Bugs and Errors.

Quote Originally Posted by sofresh5 View Post
    What I would like to be included? Oh I don't know, maybe a rework on peeps, paths being fixed, curved queues, more themes, transportation rides, water rides, dark rides, more roller coasters, better quality on just about everything in the game, quicker load times, better fps for everyone, minimal bugs, underground paths/coasters, better terrain editing, more scenery items, less limitations on what I can place where, peeps that actually look plausible, the ability to color flat rides, the ability to change the entrance/exit of things, and maybe a rework on staff members.

What is actually going to be in the update? Some bug fixes that aren't so significant, information letting us now they are going to leave early access with none of the stuff above complete, and the same thing they have in every update blog at the bottom about the 57% bug that they still haven't fixed.
    Lmfao, so true, and my hopes for what will be included are exactly the same. Update 13 needs to be massive, and it needs to be about overhauling the entire game engine/coding or something, just so the game isn't a constant lagfest. I'd take a massive content update as well, but we can all agree performance>content right now. Also, when is this Unity version upgrade coming? If I remember correctly they first mentioned it shortly after EA started, yet they still haven't implemented it for the players.

From what i understand they are still working on the Unity upgrade but it isnt ready yet. Surely though by adding more and more content they are just making the upgrade more difficult? Fix bugs, upgrade the engine then give us new things like improved peep animations and AI, scenarios that dont take an hour to load etc

Junior Enthusiast
    Though i have reduced load times by a lot since the last update, I sincerely hope more of these improvements are on the list for the new update. A unity upgrade will probably be a massive thing to push through, but there are many things more on the to-do list that I'd like to see included before it goes live.

I'd love to see peeps actually riding rides. Every park I make has thousands of peeps wandering around complaining that they are bored and tired and ignoring the 25 cent rides all around them.

I would also love to see weather, fall, winter, spring summer, etc. And how about only having your park close for winter.

I'm thinking the next update will come right around November 6/7 then come December, maybe one more update and release in January.

But a January release misses all those Christmas holiday sales, especially those sales to people like grandpa and grandma who won't know anything about the games checkered past or it's current status, they just know it looks like a nice clean wholesome game they can give their grandkids little Johnny or little Sally. I don't see Atari missing the boat on these sales for a second year.

I also don't see a huge amount of content raining down on us before then either, it's almost the end of October. Game tweaks? Sure, if they are are something they've been working on, but oodles of new rides and scenery? I doubt it. There's just way too many things that need to be fixed still before adding more of either. Will there be updates and more content after the New Year? Maybe, depends on if they manage to sell enough over the holidays.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabigbear View Post
    But a January release misses all those Christmas holiday sales, especially those sales to people like grandpa and grandma who won't know anything about the games checkered past or it's current status, they just know it looks like a nice clean wholesome game they can give their grandkids little Johnny or little Sally. I don't see Atari missing the boat on these sales for a second year.

I also don't see a huge amount of content raining down on us before then either, it's almost the end of October. Game tweaks? Sure, if they are are something they've been working on, but oodles of new rides and scenery? I doubt it. There's just way too many things that need to be fixed still before adding more of either. Will there be updates and more content after the New Year? Maybe, depends on if they manage to sell enough over the holidays.
    A marketing strategy would be to release around Christmas. Unfortunately I don't think that is enough time.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast