Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: TycoonFury how do you get paid dude.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgaurd View Post
    i was a coder for over 30 years and have worked for most of the major companys of the time (lol not many still left) but there using c++ or c python these days (i worked in binary, on the z80 and then mnemonics on the l8r chips. so coding is second nature to me,) they basically work on libraries these day, which is like saying 1 and 1 equals what please ( and the and the answer is given) i used to have to write the pure code for the libraries in my day so please dont say that i dont know what coding is as im one of the first that ever did this. as for rewriting somebody elses code i agree with you by the time you understand there code and systems its easier to rewrite the routines. if you know about coding as you seem to how can you defend people that are using other peoples libraries to do there work. and the thing is there using there libraries badly lol.
    Good thing that they had to start from scratch then ;P Both pipeworks and area52 took pretty much everything including the assets with them.

Quote Originally Posted by TycoonFury View Post
    I guess I'm just sick of the bs that spills from general people on this forum who don't have the first clue what they are talking about, but are willing to critisize from their backsides on their underperforming PC's and blame everybody else but themselves. I imagine they could all do a much better job.
    We understand when a game is below par and we are not game developers, they are.

I want RCTW to succeed just like so many people on this forum, I just feel for the guys working on it and want them to know that at least someone has got their back, as I hope they would mine if I were in that situation.

I've worked on games that have been successful and those that haven't and I know from my own experience when you read the forums it's very difficult not to take things personally.
    If they couldn't handle developing a game like this they shouldn't have taken it on, if it was a decent game they'd be happy to take the praise and it works both ways. At the end of the day it seems they are out of their depth when it comes to producing a game with the quality of the previous RCT iterations.
    Last edited by inspectorgadget; 10-09-2016 at 11:01 AM.

sorry for the delay my internet went down for a few days. Hi Boxman, nobody starts from scratch really these days m8, they still use the built in libraries that unity offers, and you can buy other libraries from the unity store. such as this https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14912 but this still shows that if they can not adapt the code they are either writing or buying something is very very wrong.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Asgaurd View Post
    sorry for the delay my internet went down for a few days. Hi Boxman, nobody starts from scratch really these days m8, they still use the built in libraries that unity offers, and you can buy other libraries from the unity store. such as this https://www.assetstore.unity3d.com/en/#!/content/14912 but this still shows that if they can not adapt the code they are either writing or buying something is very very wrong.
    I was talking about that whatever work was done by pipeworks and area52 was thrown into the bin.

oh yep i agree, they did have to start from scratch. so it was a blank canvas and no rewriting of code or reanimating assets was needed, which should have made the project easier.

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by boxman View Post
    So that is why people with a 10 core $1000+ cpu and 2x titan x, 32gigs of ram is unable to run this game without the game crashing or turning into a slideshow??
    Either you are completely delusional or you are a paid shill, which is something Atari has been caught doing before back in driv3r days.
    ​................................................. ............................

Passive Peep
    I guess I'm just sick of the bs that spills from general people on this forum who don't have the first clue what they are talking about, but are willing to critisize from their backsides on their underperforming PC's and blame everybody else but themselves. I imagine they could all do a much better job.
    I don't think it's fair to blame people, and their expectations, that their computers are underperforming when the minimum specs for the game are TOO LOW. Even the recommended specs are too low. Further, when people have a DIRECT COMPARISON with a game that they can run with 14,ooo peeps and get the same performance in RCTW with ONLY 2,500 peeps...the problem is not the users "underperforming" computers. The game is the problem. Period.

Quote Originally Posted by Bitter Jeweler View Post
    I don't think it's fair to blame people, and their expectations, that their computers are underperforming when the minimum specs for the game are TOO LOW. Even the recommended specs are too low. Further, when people have a DIRECT COMPARISON with a game that they can run with 14,ooo peeps and get the same performance in RCTW with ONLY 2,500 peeps...the problem is not the users "underperforming" computers. The game is the problem. Period.
    Exactly. There's only one party that's been underperforming, and it's not the customers.

Passive Peep
    Right?

RCTW is the only game I get that stutter and hiccup...that 1 second pause every 5 seconds. It's worse after the last update.
    The easy way out is to blame my system.
    But it's not my system. Planet Coaster has no stuttering issues, even when my park is approaching unplayable framerates with 14,ooo peeps, and a nearly full park, heavily themed. We can compare a little more directly with City Skylines, which is the same game engine as RCTW, and I have no stutter there either. FPS may drop, but it's always smooth.

I don't have a low end system either. It's good midrange +. I run Planet Coaster, City Skylines, No Mans Sky, etc, on high quality settings.

Atari has cast the widest net possible with minimum required system specs, to catch as many fish as possible. They can't complain when the small fish are not happy about performance. They said it would work. It doesn't.

Park Patron
    I guess I'm one of the lucky ones with the game running very smoothly on my PC.
    Game works smoothly for me as well. So I guess you are not the only one that is lucky

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast